Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to have a sergeant in the police who was seen as a bit of an old woman, but focused in on shy 19 year old me as somebody to take the attention off him by giving me tasks meant to make me look a fool, or just to make my working day more difficult. I always think back to him when I see her apparently dishing out errands like last night’s one to the gallery.

Poor Den reminds me of emergency ward 10 a fussy matron shouting and pointing(Mr Producer I want it I want it poor dear can’t operate a phone)
Nice to hear the coughing and hacking up something,live on tv is back in fashion.
The good old days of Ideal World don’t you miss them 😷
I always assumed that Den was on 30 Capstan Full strength a day, hence the coughing. Another one with a clear smokers cough was The Fragrant Sally - horrible.

As Andy Love moved to HobbyMaker from IW it isn’t surprising that it runs smoothly and several presenters are ex C&C / IW like Dave, Hayley and Nigel. Most of the brands are ex C&C like HunkyDory and Creative Expressions and have recognisable faces demonstrating so easy for the channel to pick up sales. Crafters Companion are on regularly. They even have the takeovers like there used to be on C&C. Crafting is like a merry-go-round for swapping brands. Prices are high but what hooks you in is seeing the demos. You can always source the products you see and buy online elsewhere except C&C are good value for the ODS.I haven’t bought a lot from HobbyMaker yet but that’s because I don’t need any stash. Biggest plus for HobbyMaker is no Tattered Lace and Stephanie. That’s why I liked Hochanda, no TL & Stephanie.

Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 17.19.11.jpg

Crikey, Crawley and Hayley in bed together! That must be a first ;)

After years and years of telling us (on IW) how awful, woeful, bad, uncomfortable, antiquated, etc spring mattresses are …they're flogging a spring mattress. I saw about 3 minutes last night with professional man child Alex Knowles gushing about how superior springs are compared to memory foam, how it's secretly what we all prefer…

So the BS cycle continues.

Last edited:
View attachment 26515

After years and years of telling us (on IW) how awful, woeful, bad, uncomfortable, antiquated, etc spring mattresses are …they're flogging a spring mattress. I saw about 3 minutes last night with professional man child Alex Knowles gushing about how superior springs are compared to memory foam, how it's secretly what we all prefer…

yes Total BS

View attachment 26515

Yeah also that they sleep on an Emma FOAM mattress.

Prettys sure Knowlsie said on IW he bought an Emma mattress after watching a show featuring Crawley.

That's probably why on IW, Knowlesie/Shona were the ones picked to be the expert interiors guest with Jay-Be shows and Crawley/Shona/Knowlsie with Emma shows.

It's interesting, though, isn't it? A completely uninspiring range of goods, that if you price check, are often cheaper elsewhere, even with the club discount. Yet, they are considering extending the hours. I am assuming, that they are operating on a rock bottom budget? You wonder even are the presenters getting full wages or any wages at all? Perhaps it is a six month plan based more upon the original owner of the channel that's gone wanting somehow to resurrect it without spending the money needed to do the job in any grand style? More about anger at how his 'baby' was run into the ground than any true sense of commercial optimism. It seems to all depend on getting the crafting customers to become customers of this channel. Also, I don't think and haven't thought all along, that that is going to work. And if it doesn't work, where are they going to find these customers from to sustain the channel?

Latest posts

Back