Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If proto-col does wonders for teeth and hair, why is the guy shilling it going bald?

A good point, and if the guy is so bona fide on a bona fide shopping channel like Ideal World why does he look so ****** dodgy :mysmilie_19:

SCHLOCKO is on at 3pm witn Divine Decadence. But again, i'm going to stress this point because I think some of you don't quite get it.

IDEAL WORLD HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH BID SHOPPING :mysmilie_59:

Is it really a crime to selly telly bosses for someone to say ''this is what this product does, this is what it doesn't do.. if used correctly it should work for most people'' without having to imply that they own it and use it all the time.... unless they actually do.

Is it really a crime to selly telly bosses for someone to say ''this is what this product does, this is what it doesn't do.. if used correctly it should work for most people'' without having to imply that they own it and use it all the time.... unless they actually do.

I totally get Selly Telly spiel, there's nothing really wrong with it is there? All the channels have used it and no doubt always will.

But this channel seriously treats the audience like total morons, their use of spiel is gratuitous and beyond contradictory.

But at times it's verging on incredulous, and some :mysmilie_59:

Go to 22:30s on this video, where you’ll see the lovely Shaun Ryan flogging an adjustable bed-http://www.idealworld.tv/shows/Local-Mobility-Daily-Living-Aids-2573192

With papier-maché sincerity he begins to reminisce about his Nan, a woman he ‘always thinks about’, saying how she spent the last few years of her life on a mattress that was 40 to 50 years old.

Clearly (retrospectively) 'moved' by her entirely preventable plight, he now has a completely new perspective on the unnecessary suffering of the disabled and elderly. Without a trace of irony, he tells the viewers how he would hate them to have another year of discomfort:puke:

Of course, the bed he was selling will be out of the price range of many, but hopefully the majority won’t be as unfortunate as Shaun’s Nan (however 'frugal' they might be)...

Go to 22:30s on this video, where you’ll see the lovely Shaun Ryan flogging an adjustable bed-http://www.idealworld.tv/shows/Local-Mobility-Daily-Living-Aids-2573192

With papier-maché sincerity he begins to reminisce about his Nan, a woman he ‘always thinks about’, saying how she spent the last few years of her life on a mattress that was 40 to 50 years old.

Clearly (retrospectively) 'moved' by her entirely preventable plight, he now has a completely new perspective on the unnecessary suffering of the disabled and elderly. Without a trace of irony, he tells the viewers how he would hate them to have another year of discomfort:puke:

Of course, the bed he was selling will be out of the price range of many, but hopefully the majority won’t be as unfortunate as Shaun’s Nan (however 'frugal' they might be)...

He really is utterly revolting, a disgrace. I look forward to him being splattered all over the press when this monstrosity of a channel inevitably sinks to new found gutter levels as it ambles towards it's fate of extinction.

He is the personification of a slimeball, he genuinely makes me feel like I need a good scrub.

With disinfectant :puke:

Well, if she died since he's been at IW, it begs the question why he, IW Supremo that he is, didn't fork out for a new mattress for the lady? Are there any 'sob' stories that these people won't try?

Well, if she died since he's been at IW, it begs the question why he, IW Supremo that he is, didn't fork out for a new mattress for the lady? Are there any 'sob' stories that these people won't try?

He's like the Jimmy Swaggert of Selly Telly. I swear this channel sometimes seems more like those Televangelistic stations on Sky in terms of the preaching like pitches.

How has Ideal World ended up like this? It really is astonishing what it has morphed into :mysmilie_59:

It has just occurred to me that Shaun might have arranged to have his Nan's ancient mattress delivered to Ideal World after she passed away. It could be the very same mattress that they use for those ridiculous memory foam/spring mattress comparisons. Looks about the right age.

IW............keeping sales lighthearted and selling everyday items that we all need..................except when fleecing certain age groups with "tarted up bigger than normal sized books with a few pics and a few breif stories of the royals thrown in £295 ps get this one on the house insurance" or when selling a "radiator that will apparently heat up the whole sheltered care complex for something silly beteween £400 and and figure upward" or "hows about a bed for a cool £3000?" or "do you fancy geting out and about for a bit? well if you fork out another few thousand......its you're lucky day as you could have a scooter that we will send you after Nan Nanty Nan's whizzed about the IW garden in" another little treat here do you have a spare wall that could take a Kinkycaid for £800, well we have the painting just for you!!!" and finally "do you have a grandson who fancies a new watch for his 18th or 21st or 30th??? well for £900 you could get the poor sod a huge monstrosity of a watch"

Some poor lonely people being exploited, its sad:sad:

Moira C has hair like a 1970's footballer :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

He's on again at 10pm presenting 'The School of Wok' with Jeremy Pang...I suspect it will be a case of Wam, Bam, thank you Pang.

You forgot to mention that if you bought two of the overpriced electric radiators you saved a whole £5 !!!! (look in the Argos catalogue instead, I'd say).
IW............keeping sales lighthearted and selling everyday items that we all need..................except when fleecing certain age groups with "tarted up bigger than normal sized books with a few pics and a few breif stories of the royals thrown in £295 ps get this one on the house insurance" or when selling a "radiator that will apparently heat up the whole sheltered care complex for something silly beteween £400 and and figure upward" or "hows about a bed for a cool £3000?" or "do you fancy geting out and about for a bit? well if you fork out another few thousand......its you're lucky day as you could have a scooter that we will send you after Nan Nanty Nan's whizzed about the IW garden in" another little treat here do you have a spare wall that could take a Kinkycaid for £800, well we have the painting just for you!!!" and finally "do you have a grandson who fancies a new watch for his 18th or 21st or 30th??? well for £900 you could get the poor sod a huge monstrosity of a watch"

Some poor lonely people being exploited, its sad:sad:

Saint Peter is punting the Skinny Wok, this is a very strange hour, utterly bizarre, ok its wok's he is punting but this hour is all over the place, truly shocking.

I think the guest presenter could run Saint Peter ragged, would be interesting to see!

I was waiting to see the garden pick of day last night god knows what happened to that i dont believe for one moment it was sold out when on came PS singing the only thing missing was live from London or in this case Peterborough thought i had gone back in time god what a clown he looked fawning over that silly scarf woman:mysmilie_10:

Latest posts

Back