Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They probably left it blank because his areas of expertise change by the hour :mysmilie_59:

I thought he was supposedly a beauty expert? Though how he can call himself that when he's got a beard that makes him look like a rat peering out of an unpruned bush is beyond me.

That drape dress is showing more of Genevieve's legs than I'm really comfortable with.

Though I'm grateful she's not sitting down. We'd all probably be able to see what she had for tea if she was.

I thought he was supposedly a beauty expert? Though how he can call himself that when he's got a beard that makes him look like a rat peering out of an unpruned bush is beyond me.

I don't dislike SCHLOCKO but good grief he's utterly full of it, he's a born marketeer.

Did anyone see the abhorration of a programme at 6pm with Dirty Peter & BIG BRODEL. It was genuinely excruciating, like nothing I've ever seen on a shopping channel.

Forget the endless double entendre, Dirty Peter throwing food on his face for (I assume) entertainment value really is as lame as it gets.

I dread to think what else this channel will come up with to delay the inevitable visit from the receivers :mysmilie_59:

I only caught the end, and it was obviously "scripted" messing about.

Ideal's gone the full Bid tv. All we need now is Pervy Pete blowing his nose on a scarflace live on air and we're done

I only caught the end, and it was obviously "scripted" messing about.

Ideal's gone the full Bid tv. All we need now is Pervy Pete blowing his nose on a scarflace live on air and we're done

It's just so bad, inappropriate and desperate.

It didn't matter that Bid was trashy as it was never a mainstream shopping channel and had an element of (bad) entertainment and gameplay to it.

Ideal World used to be a mainstream shopping channel when we shopped there, I couldn't tell you what it's attempting to be now :mysmilie_59:

It's just so bad, inappropriate and desperate.

It didn't matter that Bid was trashy as it was never a mainstream shopping channel and had an element of (bad) entertainment and gameplay to it.

Ideal World used to be a mainstream shopping channel when we shopped there, I couldn't tell you what it's attempting to be now :mysmilie_59:

It's after cash, pure and simple. And it's targeting the old Bid demographic who loved all the Pervy Pete shenanigans

That drape dress is showing more of Genevieve's legs than I'm really comfortable with.

Though I'm grateful she's not sitting down. We'd all probably be able to see what she had for tea if she was.

Almost seen more than her gynaecologist there!

They're selling those terrible Sofas that are so cheap looking they almost look inflatable.

They gloss over the fact they're Bonded Leather, nor do they ever explain what Bonded Leather actually is. But what they do stress, over over over, is:-

The Padding
The Cushioning
The Padding & The Cushioning
The Cushioning & The Padding
Oh, and that delivery is quick as they no doubt have piles of them, boxed, in Warehouses unlike those pesky Furniture Companies who make Sofas, in one piece, and (usually) properly.

Dirty Peter calls Bonded Leather 'Leather Bonded'. I'm sure it was just an honest mistake (every time he made it) :mysmilie_59:

Look at the state of Nan Nanty Nan in his apron. Exactly why an apron is required by this goon to present a NutriBullet show is not immediately obvious. Maybe he just likes to get dressed up?

But he's an unusual looking creature isn't he? He reminds me of a caricature which is quite apt really because his whole persona is exaggerated and grotesque :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Just be thankful he said "Bonded" and not "Bondage"! :grin:
They're selling those terrible Sofas that are so cheap looking they almost look inflatable.

They gloss over the fact they're Bonded Leather, nor do they ever explain what Bonded Leather actually is. But what they do stress, over over over, is:-

The Padding
The Cushioning
Oh, and that delivery is quick as they no doubt have piles of them, boxed, in Warehouses unlike those pesky Furniture Companies who make Sofas, in one piece, and (usually) properly.

Dirty Peter calls Bonded Leather 'Leather Bonded'. I'm sure it was just an honest mistake (every time he made it) :mysmilie_59:

Has anyone caught any of the breathtakingly self indulgent but utterly excruciating 'Fun' Easter entertainment?

Sally Jacks made this big announcement at the top of her 2pm 'Fashion' bore fest that they have something hilarious planned for someone we will know at 2.30pm. I was interested, maybe they had a celebrity guest, maybe De Knees was going to remove her eye makeup (with a Bolster Chisel). Sadly not. The person we would know was the Bald goon who demonstrates cleaning products, and the hilarious act?

He took part in an Easter Bonnet decorating contest, with Sally of course. It was genuinely painful to watch, it was finger nails down a chalk board.

It really was dire, much in keeping with this channel at any time of year :mysmilie_59:

The Padding
The Cushioning

I just looked up what bonded leather actually is (or 'beautiful bonded leather' as they insisted on saying) ; ' Bonded leather, also called reconstituted leather or blended leather, is a term used for a man-made upholstery material made as a layered structure of a fiber or paper backer, a pulp made from shredded leather, and a polyurethane coating which is embossed with a leather-like texture.'

So it's the cheapest of the cheap!

I also noticed that Peter Simon kept saying that it would 'be delivered to the room of your choice' as though that was that.
He never once mentioned that it had to be assembled, a task possibly beyond the old codgers he was targeting. This was left to a screen graphic and an occasional mention by the co-presenter.
I must say the furniture looked absolutely awful-tacky and insubstantial.

On the subject of furniture i just wondered what everyone thought of the garden furniture IW are flogging i apologize to anyone who has bought it but i think it is blinking awful :down:

I just looked up what bonded leather actually is (or 'beautiful bonded leather' as they insisted on saying) ; ' Bonded leather, also called reconstituted leather or blended leather, is a term used for a man-made upholstery material made as a layered structure of a fiber or paper backer, a pulp made from shredded leather, and a polyurethane coating which is embossed with a leather-like texture.'

So it's the cheapest of the cheap!

I also noticed that Peter Simon kept saying that it would 'be delivered to the room of your choice' as though that was that.
He never once mentioned that it had to be assembled, a task possibly beyond the old codgers he was targeting. This was left to a screen graphic and an occasional mention by the co-presenter.
I must say the furniture looked absolutely awful-tacky and insubstantial.

I suppose Bonded Leather is something that meets some peoples budget but I think it should be explained what it actually is, it's surprising how many people don't know what it actually is. I didn't myself until relatively recently, I assumed it had something to do with different types of hide being used to make up say a chair or sofa, not that it was half plastic!

But what annoys me is that utterly ghastly female guest who sits there with her sharp high heels on the footrests. If they caught the footrest it's ruined, unlike Leather it cannot be repaired and once it gets a tear it will fall to pieces.

This furniture really isn't good value, not at all. But with Flexi Pay it no doubt sucks in people who might not have access to 'real' credit, which is the market QVC and Ideal World prey on when it comes to higher value products.

Parasites :mysmilie_59:

This is jaw dropping. They are selling those amazing Bid favourites 'Sthurling' Watches and in particular a Tourbillon model.

The ever disingenuous Genpleaseleave said she looked online and found Tourbillon watches priced at:-

£210,000
£60,000
£49,500

She didn't name any of them of course. The piece of crap she is shilling was £999.99 and even came witn a 'bonus' luxury pen!

You couldn't make it up :mysmilie_59:

Maybe I'm being unfair commenting, as I didn't get the chance to watch a lot, but I thought the "entertainment" over Easter that I did catch was pretty dire on all the channels. I caught a bit of a Sally Jaxx drill bit hour yesterday, and she looked totally bemused, obviously out of her depth, but the screeching was well up to standard, as usual. I missed the Easter Bonnet decorating "extravaganza" and from the sound of it, it was a good miss. Considering these channels seem to be dying on their feet, I would expect they'd be making a bit more effort over holiday periods. And as for TJC - I just cannot watch it for more than a minute now, as they seem to have one of the Buyers on for nearly every hour, and it's just a borefest of shouty Buyers and a presenter looking like a spare part. It's not just IW that seems to be going down the tubes, IMO.

=Wirral70;847260]Has anyone caught any of the breathtakingly self indulgent but utterly excruciating 'Fun' Easter entertainment?

Sally Jacks made this big announcement at the top of her 2pm 'Fashion' bore fest that they have something hilarious planned for someone we will know at 2.30pm. I was interested, maybe they had a celebrity guest, maybe De Knees was going to remove her eye makeup (with a Bolster Chisel). Sadly not. The person we would know was the Bald goon who demonstrates cleaning products, and the hilarious act?

He took part in an Easter Bonnet decorating contest, with Sally of course. It was genuinely painful to watch, it was finger nails down a chalk board.

It really was dire, much in keeping with this channel at any time of year :mysmilie_59:[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Back