Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

isnt it amusing watching the presenters selling the sofas or recliners as soon as one of the colours is selling less well allegedly they say how much they love that colour it does make me chuckle, so predictable :mysmilie_14:

They always do it with fashion too, they love the colours that most of us don't :mysmilie_59:

Where's the male fashion collection ? At least bidtv did both fashion for him and her. Limited stock within 30 minutes of a show. Why no phones and website locked at least 15 minutes of a product being introduced ? The endless fitness crap, not even qvc does much fitness, i blame howard g and rick hay they seem to have influence with buying products. And iw has bad reviews on certain review websites. The whole channel needs major changes or just put it out of it's misery.

Did I hallucinate, or did anyone else see some massively overpriced infra-red heaters yesterday on IW? One of them was 1200 watt, had a safe switch off thing if it fell over and instant heat, for like £129. My partner has one of those 3 bar infra-red heaters, basically identical in function, 400w with one bar on, 800w with 2 and 1200w with 3, has the safety cut out too, but his was £12.99. I used to have one too.
Did I miss something about these or is this the usual IW urine-extraction? I'll try find some links...

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/veito-1200w-black-free-standing-carbon-infrared-heater-358650?referrer=search&fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=Veito%201200W%20Black%20Free%20Standing%20Carbon%20Infrared%20Heater%20358650

Ideal Worlds one.

Didn't see the ones you mention, but I have seen other room heaters advertised, and if they were anything to go by, the prices were off the wall (quick glance in the Argos catalogue showed me that). Barra Boi Mikey M used to do them quite regularly last winter (probably getting in an increasing panic as the winter was not bad) and talking about heating our houses in winter as though we all resided in a house the equivalent size to Windsor Castle. Usual winter time "don't get frostbite" alarmist stuff. They use to try to blind you with science about how many gigawhatsitsthingummyjigs of heat the heaters gave out, and imply that you only needed one to heat a very large room. Hmmm.....

Did I hallucinate, or did anyone else see some massively overpriced infra-red heaters yesterday on IW? One of them was 1200 watt, had a safe switch off thing if it fell over and instant heat, for like £129. My partner has one of those 3 bar infra-red heaters, basically identical in function, 400w with one bar on, 800w with 2 and 1200w with 3, has the safety cut out too, but his was £12.99. I used to have one too.
Did I miss something about these or is this the usual IW urine-extraction? I'll try find some links...

Greg, you need help. The interpretation is, quite obviously, that you have a subliminal desire to become an IW super-presenter, but you lack the confidence to apply. To you I say: take courage and follow your heart, buy a Worry Angel, confide your hopes and dreams, wait for the glass (plastic?) Angel to shatter and only when it does so and you've mopped up the blood should you apply. Ask to be put on the Pope P mentoring scheme if you are successful in your application, and keep away from glass perfume bottles (so no dabbling with any of Perfume Pete's stinks left over from the Norman Conquest). Relax, under the Pope's guidance you can, and you will, sell, sell, sell, sell.....

I had a terrible dream last night. I started working in a superstore full of secondhand junk owned by none other than Peter Simon. He was being neurotic saying we had to "sell, sell, sell...". I was going round the store with one of those brushes that auctioneers use to clear the dust away from items. I broke some very fragile perfume bottles and Peter Simon went ape-sh*t about it. After my shift ended I pulled up a computer monitor and Peter had given me very low scores and the level of pay I got was based on that.

Can anyone interpret the meaning of my dream, please?

I know that I should stop watching Ideal World (and Bargain Hunt). It's worrying to me Peter was in my dream :sad:

Peter is on in full cry with the watch woman. They are presenting the so called Delorean watch range. It would be hard to imagine a more vulgar , cheap looking and tacky load of rubbish than these . They are obviously low grade Chinese but Peter keeps claiming they are 'German engineering'. The watch woman is uncomfortable with this and keeps trying to qualify it with 'German designed'.
They are banging on about limited edition , only five hundred world wide , we've been lucky to get a few blah blah!
Really ? Where are the rest of them then ? A google search for these watches yields just one result -Ideal World !!!!!
The word 'German' does not appear in the product description.

Peter is on in full cry with the watch woman. They are presenting the so called Delorean watch range. It would be hard to imagine a more vulgar , cheap looking and tacky load of rubbish than these . They are obviously low grade Chinese but Peter keeps claiming they are 'German engineering'. The watch woman is uncomfortable with this and keeps trying to qualify it with 'German designed'.
They are banging on about limited edition , only five hundred world wide , we've been lucky to get a few blah blah!
Really ? Where are the rest of them then ? A google search for these watches yields just one result -Ideal World !!!!!
The word 'German' does not appear in the product description.[/QUOTE

Many of these mega expensive cheap looking watches have so many of the workings on display that you cannot actually see the time cleatly. I thought that was the main aim of a watch, but I could be wrong... Clearly, it is to "show off" your mega classy timepiece to all the adoring ladies you will attract. That is the impression that Mr Mason gives.

I just can't get my head around how any one of the powers that be at IW find this acceptable, they may as well leave the back door for open for the receivers......they're on the way.

Greg, you need help. The interpretation is, quite obviously, that you have a subliminal desire to become an IW super-presenter, but you lack the confidence to apply. To you I say: take courage and follow your heart, buy a Worry Angel, confide your hopes and dreams, wait for the glass (plastic?) Angel to shatter and only when it does so and you've mopped up the blood should you apply. Ask to be put on the Pope P mentoring scheme if you are successful in your application, and keep away from glass perfume bottles (so no dabbling with any of Perfume Pete's stinks left over from the Norman Conquest). Relax, under the Pope's guidance you can, and you will, sell, sell, sell, sell.....

I'd be hopeless as an Ideal World presenter. I can't lie through my teeth and make up stupid stories about my family. It takes a special kind of low-life character to be able to bullshit like they do!

11013184_783633018340009_8092017931271852314_n.jpg

Pardon the pun but i watched the watch show last night because i am looking for a good watch for myself sadly PS was on with his look at this look at this nonsense at basically a load of tat, think i will find a watch with clear numbers and does not require a small crane to lift it up.

Well, if that's his prediction, Mutts, the toy's probably going to bomb (Official Receiver's phone number, anyone?). Congratulations on your win, well done you!

Ha ha! I will try to solve the puzzle (my hobby is crosswords, won a £10 Sainsburys voucher two weeks ago!) but I am not sure I want to claim my prize... I didn't see the Kinkykade advert, I feel deprived not seeing the Great Man. However, I did see an article on the top toys this Christmas and nowhere was the toy that Pope Pete claimed was "going to be the number 1 toy this Christmas"...

Didn't see it, but is this the one where the buzzword of the hour is "magnificent"? I saw him present this previously (or at least something of the same ilk) and the watch was "magnificent" every 10 seconds. Obviously, he'd just looked up the word in his copy of "The Ideal World Bumper Book of Presenting Crapspeak". Looked like something off a market stall to me.

The word 'German' does not appear in the product description.

Latest posts

Back