Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter Simon's demeanour on TV would give rise to concern if it wasn't for the fact that I think it is all put on for the camera. What's more a cause for concern is when factual inexactitudes go uncorrected. It's no problem being entertained on the tv, but when someone is selling something, being informed does need to take precedence.

It's pretty obvious that as far as PS is concerned, the product and the purpose of his presence on our screens comes a poor second to his own ego-stoking performances. At least he's keeping the end of the pier entertainment values alive...

Oh don't start me on that hororologist woman Caroline. She is soooo slimy, same schpeel if the watch it £99 or £999, cannot bear to even watch her for 5 seconds before I feel sick :( Only second in hatefulness to Suzi Iannoudies woman...shudder.....

Just had a casual perusal of the selly telly channels and found myself on IW, they are currently selling ''bella bodies'' shapewear.

I notice the before pictures have a terrible slouching posture and the after photo has a completely different posture/pose

atleast do the same pose in both photos to atleast show the product off fairly.... you must think people are idio.... oh.

mr tom, yes, you'd think they'd realise by now that we aren't fooled. Slumping posture in one photo, straight as a die (tummy pulled in) in another, glum face in the skin products 'before' photos, radiant smiles and wide open eyes in the 'after' photos. They are so transparent in their attempts to bamboozle it's quite funny - but not if people are duped. Trading Standards, come back, all is forgiven!!

Just had a casual perusal of the selly telly channels and found myself on IW, they are currently selling ''bella bodies'' shapewear.

I notice the before pictures have a terrible slouching posture and the after photo has a completely different posture/pose

atleast do the same pose in both photos to atleast show the product off fairly.... you must think people are idio.... oh.

may, and you said the days of Music Hall were dead! Let Pope Pete be a lesson to you!! :grin:
Peter Simon's demeanour on TV would give rise to concern if it wasn't for the fact that I think it is all put on for the camera. What's more a cause for concern is when factual inexactitudes go uncorrected. It's no problem being entertained on the tv, but when someone is selling something, being informed does need to take precedence.

It's pretty obvious that as far as PS is concerned, the product and the purpose of his presence on our screens comes a poor second to his own ego-stoking performances. At least he's keeping the end of the pier entertainment values alive...

You are so right. I made the exact same comment on another thread. They are sticking their stomachs out so much, also the bra and vest top are too tight so the fat bits look worse. Nothing personal to the model in the picture, I have fat bits as well but I try to stand up straight and hold it in !

You are so right. I made the exact same comment on another thread. They are sticking their stomachs out so much, also the bra and vest top are too tight so the fat bits look worse. Nothing personal to the model in the picture, I have fat bits as well but I try to stand up straight and hold it in !

It's like QVC, they put the models in bras and kickers four sizes too small, so of course they're going to look better in the after shot, they've got the right size under crackers on.

plus to be quite blunt... the women used tend to ... not be fat.

yeah some are not a stick figure, but they clearly still work on their figure to get it in the best shape possible (and why shouldn't they) and it's definitely not down to the clothing/shapewear

Lol....The posture is a giveaway isn't it unless they are saying the garments can improve your posture.Personally I'd rather let it hang out than wear one of these things.

So they sold out of the red pressure cooker POD in the 8am show, according to Gen, but they managed to get it back in stock for the 1pm show.

Then I nipped over to their repeat channel and Gen was there again. She was saying how they'd sold out of the red, black and cream ceramic frying pans but they'd managed to get them back in stock for that show.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Peter is on now flogging the vibro belt.
He is explaining that he uses it although he has never used exercise equipment before. It has 'changed his world'.
Exactly the same story as he told about the sit'n''cycle a couple of months ago.

He is explaining that he uses it although he has never used exercise equipment before. It has 'changed his world'.
Exactly the same story as he told about the sit'n''cycle a couple of months ago.

I think a suitable expression is "liar liar, pants on fire".

I saw him earlier with the memory foam matress that changed his life.

He said he has an odd shaped body, he was understudy for the Elephant Man, he said he's bent, the guest said 'yes, he is' :wonder:

He said he has an odd shaped body, he was understudy for the Elephant Man, he said he's bent, the guest said 'yes, he is' :wonder:

I bet the Elephant Man started off looking like Johny Depp, it's all those years having Pervy Pete as his understudy that turned him into looking like that.

funny that, he used to moan all the time about his "complaints" and the medication he was taking - so depending on the item he's flogging, he suddenly has a miraculous recovery, it seems? I don't know how they keep track of the different stories they tell - one minute something's changed their life and they have never felt better, the next minute they've got lower back pain, rheumatic twinges, etc. etc. and need the reclining chairs because of difficulty sitting in an ordinary one! Heard it all before. Afraid I don't believe in faking illness, especially to flog something - rather insulting to people who have genuine medical problems, I'd say.

Lol, Mommabear! I would have collapsed laughing when he said that if I'd have been the guest, probably choked and had to be carted out - but I bet Pete would have carried on regardless.....what a trooper he is .... (or do I mean another word beginning with t?). :mysmilie_17:

Lol, Mommabear! I would have collapsed laughing when he said that if I'd have been the guest, probably choked and had to be carted out - but I bet Pete would have carried on regardless.....what a trooper he is .... (or do I mean another word beginning with t?). :mysmilie_17:

Me too!.........Bent?! a bananas bent, the u bend under a sink is bent, a straw can be bent, Pervy Pete? he's positively doubled in two! :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back