Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When I was on my cruise I went to one of the premium restaurants one night. The dessert was cheesecake with blueberry jus (like the carot puree, just a streak). It was a work of art! It was so posh I almost didn't shovel it down my gob... (don't worry I can act dignified when I need to🤣)
Reminds me of when we had an office sales meeting dinner at a posh hotel. Seven courses most of which would have struggled to fill an egg cup. All about textures and flavours. Boss waxed lyrical over it. When I got home was so flipping hungry I had a couple of ham sandwiches. Next day in the office could tell we were skirting round the subject. When boss went to lunch we all confessed to being hungry. Soup, eggs on toast, beans on toast and sandwiches were the most common things we’d all eaten when we got home. Found out afterwards that with wine, it cost over £50 per head.

IW feature one, I repeat ONE actual watchmaking brand, Vostok Europe.

They also feature a few “prestigious” watches from Resultco, Solar Time, Billy Hunt and Aviator duty free watches, Oh and some overpriced “high end luxury” Duchump Roamer homages, none of whom actually make/assemble any watches but have all of their watches sourced from 3rd party independent watchmakers/suppliers.

They have none of the recognised & popular Swiss, German, French, Japanese, Chinese, American or British watchmaking brands, heck they don’t even have any of the well-known high street fashion brand watches let alone any of the multitudes of popular well-known micro brands that have appeared in the last decade or so.

They have the worst horology challenged presenters, who routinely make product description errors, spout inane & irrelevant drivel and regularly lie regarding the watches and brands.

And yet they now have the gall to call themselves the home of watches. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

iw.PNG

Presumably somebody at a permanent and nosey, obsessional loose end in the Gallery is constantly checking the forum. If not, it seemed a massive coincidence that after mentioning here last night they have no recognisable high street perfume or watch brands, Walter suddenly incoherently piped up something to the effect of: “No we don’t sell well known names here because they are sold in the high street- just like Horatio.” Essentially, as per usual, contradicting himself, and generally making no sense whatsoever. Anyway, that facile argument carries no weight whatsoever when you compare the many recognised high street brands QVC sells. Being available in shops doesn’t stop the likes of Dyson, Shark, Apple, Ninja, Le Creuset, HP, Samsung etc..allowing their goods to be sold on there over the years. No..why you don’t see similar names of kudos on Ideal World is probably down to the parent business ethos of buying low cost, unbranded goods for pennies and selling for a few pounds. Plus..would you want the likes of a double entendres ridden, word stumbling buffoon like Simon showcasing your higher end goods??

Last edited:
IW feature one, I repeat ONE actual watchmaking brand, Vostok Europe.

They also feature a few “prestigious” watches from Resultco, Solar Time, Billy Hunt and Aviator duty free watches, Oh and some overpriced “high end luxury” Duchump Roamer homages, none of whom actually make/assemble any watches but have all of their watches sourced from 3rd party independent watchmakers/suppliers.

They have none of the recognised & popular Swiss, German, French, Japanese, Chinese, American or British watchmaking brands, heck they don’t even have any of the well-known high street fashion brand watches let alone any of the multitudes of popular well-known micro brands that have appeared in the last decade or so.

They have the worst horology challenged presenters, who routinely make product description errors, spout inane & irrelevant drivel and regularly lie regarding the watches and brands.

And yet they now have the gall to call themselves the home of watches. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 30127
Hammy, in fairness to IW, it doesn't say they are the home of quality watches🤣🤣. They could have got a load of hooky Rolex's from Barra Boy's dodgy market stall and used them as stock🤭🤪

Presumably somebody at a permanent and nosey, obsessional loose end in the Gallery is constantly checking the forum. If not, it seemed a massive coincidence that after mentioning here last night they have no recognisable high street perfume or watch brands, Walter suddenly incoherently piped up something to the effect of: “No we don’t sell well known names here because they are sold in the high street- just like Horatio.” Essentially, as per usual, contradicting himself, and generally making no sense whatsoever. Anyway, that facile argument carries no weight whatsoever when you compare the many recognised high street brands QVC sells. Being available in shops doesn’t stop the likes of Dyson, Shark, Apple, Ninja, Le Creuset, HP, Samsung etc..allowing their goods to be sold on there over the years. No..why you don’t see similar names of kudos on Ideal World is probably down to the parent business ethos of buying low cost, unbranded goods for pennies and selling for a few pounds. Plus..would you want the likes of a double entendres ridden, word stumbling buffoon like Simon showcasing your higher end goods??

Yeah, VGL want to keep as much of the supply as possible chain in-house, so their retail arm are supplied mainly from their own manufacturing and sourcing arms, that way teh make money on the supply and retail sides. While you will get the odd high street brand appearing, it ain't the well known mid to high end brands, it's either the relatively unknown or low end brands or not selling well on the high street brands.

Hammy, in fairness to IW, it doesn't say they are the home of quality watches🤣🤣. They could have got a load of hooky Rolex's from Barra Boy's dodgy market stall and used them as stock🤭🤪

They're not even the home of low quality watches, their selection of watches is pitiful, it's minuscule and that's being generous, they half a dozen brands out of hundreds and hundreds of brands that exist. The variety and choice is woeful, they have a few models from a couple of niche brands (for folks that like big watches) and a few from brands that pretend to be something they are not (faux Swiss or luxury/quality at bargain prices). There are loads of high street retailers and hundreds online that will offer a better selection of watches & prices than IW. :)

Cold is such a disabibbity. This bottle offers such versatibity…Hook it to your muffler or your Tena pants, or your nightgowns. We huddle over one gas ring in our four bedroom detached landscaped hovel, me and Josh…People of our ages, born in the 20s…I sucked on half a saveloy last night and it went right through me…

So cynical and manipulative of their perceived hapless demographic.

Last edited:
A tsunami of nonsense from Dirty Peter about the electric water bottle - he lives in an old, cold hovel that needs work done, he had half a Cornish pasty last night and is bunged up, he switched to an iron kettle on the hob to save him and Bet money, he's had a damp bed several times with rubber bottles, he gets up two or three times a night to the toilet.

Complete gibberish

A tsunami of nonsense from Dirty Peter about the electric water bottle - he lives in an old, cold hovel that needs work done, he had half a Cornish pasty last night and is bunged up, he switched to an iron kettle on the hob to save him and Bet money, he's had a damp bed several times with rubber bottles, he gets up two or three times a night to the toilet.

Complete gibberish
What a load of Bull, him needing the loo maybe, But the rest no.

Latest posts

Back