Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

IMG_1575.jpeg

IW feature one, I repeat ONE actual watchmaking brand, Vostok Europe.

They also feature a few “prestigious” watches from Resultco, Solar Time, Billy Hunt and Aviator duty free watches, Oh and some overpriced “high end luxury” Duchump Roamer homages, none of whom actually make/assemble any watches but have all of their watches sourced from 3rd party independent watchmakers/suppliers.

They have none of the recognised & popular Swiss, German, French, Japanese, Chinese, American or British watchmaking brands, heck they don’t even have any of the well-known high street fashion brand watches let alone any of the multitudes of popular well-known micro brands that have appeared in the last decade or so.

They have the worst horology challenged presenters, who routinely make product description errors, spout inane & irrelevant drivel and regularly lie regarding the watches and brands.

And yet they now have the gall to call themselves the home of watches. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Pretty sure previous incarnations of IW did have more brands that consumers would recognise, Sekonda for one.

I assume its down to the margins they can make on those they do offer.

What is this channel's obsession with collagen? You will see a difference in hair and nails says Pedro. I can't see him growing any extra hair, and he always his nails covered up.

Big margins, small low cost product?

He’s finally foaming at the mouth. lol.Also, just because something was bought in Vicenza doesn’t automatically make it high end. I mean we have eyes.

Had to laugh, I flicked over from TJC selling Vicenza rings and IW had the Vicenza bag with Pedro waffling on.

What was he hysterically wittering on about today? Some average looking bag having a price tag of nearly £800? One they were selling for a fraction of that. There's only one type of person that suffers from these sort of lies and exaggerations, and that is the poor hard up, uninformed saps who generally watch and buy from these sort of channels, being fooled into parting with their money by grossly inaccurate and uncorroborated pricing information. No shopping channel should be allowed to quote prices like this without firm evidence that the product has been sold for that price. And at more than one seller, too. Not using some bogus RRP somewhere on some website, or nothing at all other than a buffoon like Simon picking fantasy prices out of the air. Makes me mad at times. No wonder these brash shopping television presenters live in big expensive houses and use their central heating.

Sometimes watching vulnerable people bring conned just can’t be combated with humour- only frustration and despair for the low moral code of those deeming it acceptable. Stick that up in A3 in the Gallery, and read it every time another bogus price comparison is used. Think about whether you’d like to see your own loved ones fleeced at will.

Latest posts

Back