Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another waste of time…

Further to my earlier email, I can now update you with regard to your complaint about a presentation seen on Ideal World.

You may be interested to know that we have previously investigated and upheld complaints about this product, and we are concerned to hear that such ads continue to appear. Therefore, we have referred your complaint to our Compliance Team for further action. Unlike with cases which require further investigation by the ASA, where additional commentary or input from a complainant can be necessary to fully understand the issues, your complaint raises an issue which we know is a clear problem under the rules. In those circumstances, the Compliance team has all the information it needs and will work directly with the advertiser to bring about compliance. The Compliance Team doesn’t report to complainants or routinely publish the details of its work but please be assured they will take the most appropriate course of action. If the advertiser does not comply, the Compliance team can apply sanctions, and may ultimately refer the matter to our legal backstop, Trading Standards.

Once again, thank you for contacting us with your concerns.

Yours sincerely,

He’s fallen out the BSometer and every branch this lunchtime with his description of a bog standard fashion watch. Save yourself two flexi pays and get it on Amazon etc.

Fossil make these, don't they? That brand you MUST insure..
He was talking about a watch being "from your taffeta dresses to your hair, your crowning glory".
Completely surreal and meaningless....

If Pedro were to relocate to the States, I daresay he might consider Gobbler's Knob! 🤣🤣
That could explain his previous uttering when he thought his mic was off.
Maybe he IS going to the states.
To a little town in Michigan…

Attachments

• IMG_7312.jpeg
    IMG_7312.jpeg
    474.7 KB · Views: 0
Great idea.

Oh Juuuuuuune, what are all these parcels? "weighted blankets, dear, for my mother."
Now Juuuune, you know I can't be taking all these in the boot of the car - I told Malcolm I would help him transport his new fans at the weekend. Not only do they shower air around the room, not only do they cool the room, not only are they a joy.
"Yes, dear, but it's November"
That's not the point, June. People were multi-buying and you know how hot it gets in the office - Chris Duchump's face was like a burst tomato this morning.
"Can't Mason take them?"
No June, he can't come up to the sales floor - his fragrance sends the secretaries wild and the lads won't stop taking about his watch.........
“Oh June… I don’t think all those weighted blankets in the boot have helped the car’s grip and traction…”

“Don’t be silly, Malcolm. You can always get a second class return to Nottingham. Can I have a Tune?”

Attachments

• IMG_7313.jpeg
    IMG_7313.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 0
Keep in mind much of IW's stock (especially the electronics and homeware) come from the exact same Chinese factories that supply the sellers on AliExpress, Temu, et al. TJC just buy it in bulk and import it.

You can almost always find the exact same products (albeit the ones branded with TJC's 'Homesmart' logo won't have it on, but otherwise a the exact same product unbranded or with someone else's logo on) for 50-95% less than IW charge.

Those £19.99 shower heads Mike Mason tells us are a bargain and cheaper than getting an electrician to install a power shower? £1.29 each on AliExpress. Even Opatra products can be found there

All folks are doing by buying Chinese tat from IW instead of AliExpress or Temu is paying through the nose for the exact same products, while lining TJC's pockets with profit - which ensures they keep ignoring quality products with lower margins in favour of low-cost, high-margin future-landfill.

I wouldn't be surprised if half the fashion came from Shien, either.
I doubt that the fashion is from Shien. The majority of fashion on TJC and I.W. Is very frumpy with terrible patterns, but, that's just my opinion. I don't buy from Shien by the way just know people who do.

Casting Suggestion for Exemplar Planet: The Inside Story of a Home Shopping Disaster
Ike Bason- Dominic Littlewood
Dieter Pyman - Leonard Rossiter
Holly Knacks - Gemma Collins
Bevan Drenolds - Malcolm Muggeridge
Chef Sparks - William Roache
Naslasher Ferrari - Carol Vorderman
Jeremy Dedwoodz - Terry Scott
Gemma Boyhell - Liz Truss
Giannis Aston-Martin - Pete Burns
Bob Dramaar - Anton Du Beke
Pieter Vonutrecht - Frank Spencer
Gallery Staff - The Double Deckers…
Duke, I didn't initially see who had posted this but I knew it was you when I saw a reference to Malcolm Muggeridge🤣. Nobody comes out with cultural references like you do.

And nice reference to the Double Deckers!

I’m not sure, Duke.
Legally, displaying goods with a price ticket is what’s known as an ‘invitation to treat’. The sale contract isn’t finalised (in a shop) until the ‘ringing of the cash register’- the acceptance by the cashier if the money you proffer. (It came from a case brought by the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (against Boots) who were hoping to secure more jobs for their members, as the law said a pharmacist had to be present at the sale of some medicines, so there had to be a definition of exactly when the sale occurred).
It might’ve been different before that case, (which was I think, from memory, in the 60’s).
I think a number of online retailers pushed this, just as the internet caught on, and fir online shopping there’s now a distinction between an order being placed (which is analogous to the ‘invitation to treat’), and the order being accepted - which is when the contract is finalised, the price fixed (and usually the payment is taken).

Unless you’re IW, in which case the price is what Peter says it is (but he might only tell you a quarter of the true price, which is how he often seems to work the flexi-pay scam…)😂😂😬😬
I remember a friend who worked in retail said that a shop didn’t have to sell you an item at any price, they could withdraw it from sale , if the item had been priced correctly.

Emu balm? I've always used Tiger balm, have done for years 😎
Nerd comment, the presenter looks like he has a steinhart watch on 🤔 of which I have many 😎

I don’t know what’s happened to my Sky because Ideal World AND Gemporia just disappeared from my screen a week ago. Has this happened to anyone else out there? It’s incredibly annoying.
They're working for me (Sky Q). Did you 'upgrade' to Sky Stream or Sky Glass by any chance? They're not on there

Latest posts

Back