Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

View attachment 29075

Ideal World's conveyor belt of tat often reminds me of The Generation Game

Contestant Muriel struggled to remember the walking canes, but she did leave with a garden Buddha statue, seventeen pairs of copper socks, and a cuddly electronic toy.

Unfortunately the cuddly toy didn't meet UK safety standards so was destroyed.
Well Peter seems to have stolen Brucie's catchphrase so you're not wrong

Sell on the kayak you buy, Mason says..Some people are doing this, he says. Make some money. Three times what you paid (£50) was mentioned as a sell on price, I think was said. Paul, John.. George and Ringo .. Winifred - can't wait to see her floating on the duck pond in it. The absolute boll...I hear touted on this open suitcase in a doorway way of selling knows no bounds..Here comes Charley (the Producer) aged 12 to sit in a plastic monstrosity (not Peter Simon) with Mason. I can just see her in Iceland, Hopping ...er..topping up the zebra burgers...The channel that tells you to do something, then not to do it....You will NEVER see a deal like that elsewhere, Mason says. Has he checked TJC?

Fire Brigade on standby from 9 p.m. -Chef Mark on duty.

Last edited:
Sell on the kayak you buy, Mason says..Some people are doing this, he says. Make some money. Three times what you paid (£50) was mentioned as a sell on price, I think was said. Paul, John.. George and Ringo .. Winifred - can't wait to see her floating on the duck pond in it. The absolute boll...I hear touted on this open suitcase in a doorway way of selling knows no bounds..Here comes Charley (the Producer) aged 12 to sit in a plastic monstrosity (not Peter Simon) with Mason. I can just see her in Iceland, Hopping ...er..topping up the zebra burgers...The channel that tells you to do something, then not to do it....You will NEVER see a deal like that elsewhere, Mason says. Has he checked TJC?

This sales tactic seems to be getting used more these days.

That Wilderness Inflatable Kayak looked awful! 😂

It says it's made from "rugged PVC" but in the website images and on-screen it looks a lot more like that cheap inflatable type material you find in rubber rings sold in seaside shops (and begrudge paying more than £5.99 for).

I've been in a 'proper' inflatable kayak a few times (down Sidmouth, where a water sports company rent out surf boards, sup boards, hard-shell kayaks, and inflatable ones) and those were made from a thick, textured, tear-resistant type material, not shiny like a pair of arm bands. A sharp tongue would pop the IW version!

As for Mike bragging that people are buying it to sell for 3x the price — get real, mate! The RRP on this thing is only £79.99 to start with, so IW flogging it at £49.99 is hardly the world's biggest bargain.

Besides that, you can't move for them online. Seems they were sold off as clearance stock since every online discount store in the UK seems to have one!

Building it up with "if this was £450, we'd sell some. If this was £250, we'd sell out"... It's just not worth that money. It's a kids toy at best, nothing serious. I'd feel less self-conscious white-water rafting on an inflatable crocodile than that.

Yet another Ideal Parallel World comparison where a clapped-out banger and a Porsche are equivalent simply because they're both cars…

Last edited:

PaddleBoat.PNG

Latest posts

Back