Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Interesting reviews…
‘it'll do the job for a fun gentle paddle.’
‘some customers have reported durability issues and find it difficult to inflate.’
‘it gets punctured quickly and the paddle snaps in half.’
‘stability is an issue’

Seems like the standard IW quality….
And the standard misleading sales tactics to accompany it.

A particularly unpleasant and worrying new strategy they are employing now. I say that - I remember Mason some months back suggesting buying some power banks in number they were selling, and then hawking them around Glastonbury and selling them at a profit. Bearing in mind, if caught, you’d be thrown out of the Festival for doing that kind of unlicensed selling - not the most appropriate scenario for him to paint.

Buying to sell on is an idea they are doing more often. Last night, for example with the kayak….can you imagine QVC allowing a similar tactic? What makes it doubly worse is they are potentially conning people either knowingly or unknowingly to purchase an item like the kayak on a completely false premise. The RRP is £80. That, of course, was never mentioned by Mason. Instead focusing on some friend of a friend of somebody who knows a bloke who has bought some and has them up for £250 each online. He was also careful not to say this person had sold any at that price. But as with the Will Help/May Help game Simon plays, it sets the seed of a desired outcome without any evidence of one at all.

Desperate tactics..And if just one person watching last night’s farrago bought one of those wretched plastic kayaks on the basis they could quadruple their outlay based on that spiel given, then that person has been seriously misled- however clever they think they are by playing with words selling stuff like that on that basis.
Have ideal changed their business model from retail to wholesale?

I think not. It's just another rotten ruse to sell stuff. Doesn't work for me.

I see Muriel got a mention in your picture🙈

Yeah, as soon as Mike brought the kayak out, Muriel was in like a shot!

Unfortunately it popped with her in it, so she's spent this morning down the GP surgery on Freeview 51. Dr Edwards prescribed her a £150 air fryer so she's doing well (her chips aren't though; 50 minutes in and they're paler than a bloke after getting a valuation on his £1k Swan & Edgar Tourbillion).

She did ask for a refund but the IW call center told her instead of a refund she should buy another and double her money by selling it on, hence her sticking an ad up in Budgens.

Last edited:
Sally's selection of bags this morning resemble a jumble sale. All different styles and sizes. Here we go, one has been compared to Chanel.

I can only sit here and tell you the truth she says. She's standing which says it all.

Can't listen to any more of her shrieking should be a law against it this time of day. Or at any time really.

My pills, nurse!

Yeah, they all do it to varying degrees, not sure if QVC is the exception.

C&C used to talk about a 'business in a box' although I suppose you could argue it's more reasonable for them to use that tactic given viewers are making stuff that can be sold on at craft fairs etc.

As we've said before, you have to feel sorry for those that fall for the guff. I don't even mock them, because some people out there for whatever reason will believe what these presenters say. Selly telly feeds off such people ...
Create and Craft did use that Tactic, when they went through a spell, where you could create your Own designs to print on T-shirts and Bags, through screen printing, my dad purchased a kit, it was so messy he spent over £200 on it, used it about a dozen times, you had to buy like Carbon sheets at like 20 bob a time

Olivia: the one who sounded like she said her elderly neighbour in the middle of nowhere had been found dead in the hallway because she didn’t have a video doorbell. Or was it that she drowned after capsizing in a 50 quid toy kayak in the hot tub?? Don’t worry - her executors sold it on for £300 afterwards. What work experience centre do they get these buffoons from?

Olivia: the one who sounded like she said her elderly neighbour in the middle of nowhere had been found dead in the hallway because she didn’t have a video doorbell. Or was it that she drowned after capsizing in a 50 quid toy kayak in the hot tub?? Don’t worry - her executors sold it on for £300 afterwards. What work experience centre do they get these buffoons from?
The elderly neighbour should have hung the video doorbell around her neck and used it as an alarm to notify herself that she'd collapsed.

I think that's what Olivia meant, the dumb ass.

Latest posts

Back