Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now listening to Alan Brazil and Mike Parry on Talk Sport was one way of finding illness, bereavement and death a lot less depressing. Agreed…Hawksbee and Jacobs are a good listen. Not that I’ve heard them since the early 2000s..
Unbelievably, Hawksbee & Jacobs are still on, in the same 1-4pm slot, they must have been doing it 25 years+ now? I think Andy Jacobs has the odd day off and Charlie Baker replaces him. Their listener stories questions, e.g. "when did you meet an ex-footballer doing a different job" turns up some interesting listener tales. (E.g. Geoff Hurst, post-1966, sold Life Insurance for Abbey Life after a coaching career).

Yes. They were even on the original Talk Radio which morphed into Talk Sport in the later 1990s, I think.

I remember emailing them what was meant to be a pun dressed up as ‘factual story’ about an actually fictitious encounter with curmudgeonly then presenter Mike Dickin (worth several posts in his own right. I said I ended up sat next to him on a plane and he was devouring several pieces of fried chicken as we flew. A case of ‘Finger Lickin’ Dickin’ (a KFC slogan of the time)…I said I said to him. Paul Hawksbee only went through the whole thing with Mike as they handed over to him. Only for him to abruptly say it was a pack of lies - leaving Paul totally deflated. needless to say, they never read out any more emails from me after that.

Dickin was killed in a road accident in Cornwall some years later. An experienced motoring journalist driver, well used to Cornwall’s challenging roads. He died very near to where he lived. A fierce believer that Princess Diana was murdered, he repeated those views frequently on-air over the years. I am yet to see the results of the inquest into his death or anything other than the most cursory details of what allegedly took place.

The is is probably the most intelligent/knowledgeable post ever seen on this forum. Although, Hammy will need to update the above come 1.6.24.

It's the 1.6.24 Terry, so as requested an update. Picture on Sky Sat & DTT still crap no change, did someone forget to flick a switch or was it meant to be 1.6.25?

Poor old Charley…I mean Terry. She came from the shelves at Iceland. Go easy on her, Prof. She was probably overwhelmed with the disappointment of the ‘new studio’ launch date being delayed…again…
I think Charley is the only behind the scenes staff they have. All I hear is "how many we got left Charley?" I never hear any other names. But maybe there are lots of them who are 'proper Charlies' so they call them all that😁

Is this way of speaking with customers approved by Sunil Agrawal? I just wondered if we were to let the channel owners see how unprofessional the uk staff were, whether things might actually improve?
Shouldn't think it would make much difference as no-one seems to care about the way some of the presenters behave.

It's the 1.6.24 Terry, so as requested an update. Picture on Sky Sat & DTT still crap no change, did someone forget to flick a switch or was it meant to be 1.6.25?
Too busy with Studio Launch Day to reply, Hammy.

IMG_3332.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder when IW3 will go t*ts up?
Unfortunately don't think that will happen soon. Low production costs, overpriced cheap tat being bought by a multitute of the brain dead & less fortunate means they are still making money. Eventually you would hope the viewers would wise up and realise they are being taken for mugs, but unfortunately i don't see that happening, country just seems to breeding an endless supply of these brain dead for shysters to prey on.
You would think humanity would improve (get smarter/wiser) with each generation, but overall we seem to be getting worse (thicker/dumber). :(
Okay with that cheery thought i'm off for a walk down at the beach to lap up some of those harmful UVA & UVB rays, some sun/light cloud today, roasting 14 degrees. 😎

Latest posts

Back