Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh God, those awful ex-Home Secretary lookalike dolls. Just what you want for Christmas- a doll dressed for summer, based in Colombia. Another great buy at £19.99..

View attachment 27295
To me, the challenge channels like this have in this day and age is being genuinely competitive in their pricing. How many examples have we shown here of products available for less online, sometimes significantly so. Whilst online retailers obviously have costs, they don't have the operational costs of running a tv shopping channel.

Channels like IW and the other one that's recently started simply can't compete with online. That situation won't change for them, actually it'll only get worse.

The ceramic heater on now costs 50p per minute to run? 50p per minute? £30 an hour? No?? And they are advocating this product for older people? Stating that if they fall asleep (while they are building up a huge electricity bill) the machine, if it falls over, will then switch itself off. Marvellous. Only £24.99?? And 50p a minute to run

Last edited:
To me, the challenge channels like this have in this day and age is being genuinely competitive in their pricing. How many examples have we shown here of products available for less online, sometimes significantly so. Whilst online retailers obviously have costs, they don't have the operational costs of running a tv shopping channel.

Channels like IW and the other one that's recently started simply can't compete with online. That situation won't change for them, actually it'll only get worse.
I can see their problem. But this channel seems to see the solution as insisting to people they are getting a magnificent deal, and that they should actually buy more than one because the deal is so good. A lot of the people they are trying to convince of this are probably those who aren’t very competent using the Internet, or don’t use the Internet at all. The people running the channel are no fools, and they know that the prices that they are offering on many occasions can be well-beaten elsewhere. I think it’s extremely cynical therefore to use as a tactic to buy, the alleged superb value of what they are selling compared to elsewhere.

The ceramic heater on now costs 50p per minute to run? 50p per minute? £30 an hour? No?? And they are advocating this product for older people? Stating that if they fall asleep (while they are building up a huge electricity bill) the machine, if it falls over, will then switch itself off. Marvellous. Only £24.99?? And 50p a minute to run

With power settings should either be 18p or 44p an hour to run, really only suitable for a small room.

I can see their problem. But this channel seems to see the solution as insisting to people they are getting a magnificent deal, and that they should actually buy more than one because the deal is so good. A lot of the people they are trying to convince of this are probably those who aren’t very competent using the Internet, or don’t use the Internet at all. The people running the channel are no fools, and they know that the prices that they are offering on many occasions can be well-beaten elsewhere. I think it’s extremely cynical therefore to use as a tactic to buy, the alleged superb value of what they are selling compared to elsewhere.

Another of their tactics is manipulating those vulnerable in their audience by trying to pretend they are their friends. Unfortunately advertising is a great manipulation tool that is used on the gullible, brain dead and the less fortunate in society, add in the the faux pretence of we're your friends, text us like we're buddies, here for your benefit, to help you and get you the best deal and you can trust us and it works even better.

Saying they can sell the big brands cheaper than anybody else. Or words to that effect. Do they get this from some sort of simpering genie they get out of a bottle, and programmed to tell them always what they want to hear? Are they deluded? Or is that an incorrect statement in general?

My God. That is such a coincidence. I had a dream last night about her, too. I dreamt that she was selling a branded product that wasn’t cheaper elsewhere. So surreal and so disturbing was this dream, I had to wake myself out of it, as it was becoming so alarmingly unreal, it was making me completely disoriented.

Sounds like a new lead singer for Strawberry Switchblade Now it is 1970s cleaning - a new entry at No. 28 with The Spinning Mops… I would love to have somebody from that channel in a senior position, explain why they decided to go for that introduction for a funeral piece of piano music between every item.
Their version of Dolly Parton's Jolene is very good.

Latest posts

Back