Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pedro has a mop with a cheap microfibre cloth on it, but in Pedro's world he keeps calling it a microfinger cloth.....and with the about of coughing and spluttering he is doing the floor he is cleaning really does need a clean!!!

He has just said after reading a review "thats a fact thats a review we got in" mmmmh hope they arent backtracking 🕵️‍♂️

Pedro has a mop with a cheap microfibre cloth on it, but in Pedro's world he keeps calling it a microfinger cloth.....and with the about of coughing and spluttering he is doing the floor he is cleaning really does need a clean!!!

He has just said after reading a review "thats a fact thats a review we got in" mmmmh hope they arent backtracking 🕵️‍♂️
I'm sure it was slagging the FLASH brand off live on air

Oh not Laurelle, is that rubbish back. Haven't seen that since the days of Bid TV.

he is easily confused. earlier he kept saying the Blush parfum is by Perry of London it isn’t it says on the box it’s laurelle London
I think he means Perry who is the ‘Nose’ for most of these ‘Exclusive’ fragrances, only available on Selly Telly. Laurelle is his company and he’s responsible for the William Hunt, Sarah Jessica Parker and all those awful dupes that appear regularly on TV. He is always on TJC and, full disclosure, I have been reeled in and bought a few bottles. I can’t say I was overly impressed by any of them. You live and learn🤣

The channel has a fake identity. I mean by that it is purporting to be Ideal World and rarely if ever mentioning it is NOT the long term history version but purely a subdivision of another long term established business- TJC. Similar
to Swan & Edgar watches, RCA tablets, Blaupunkt stereos and the like..in that there is no actual trading connection between what is now and what was then, other than name only. It would be better if instead of stating products are exclusive to Ideal World, they said that they were also available on their sister channel TJC, but they don’t. All smoke and mirrors in general on there.

How many have been sold there you wonder? Apparently one reason they can sell thousands of pounds below RRP is some woman at TJC is besties with some woman at the other company…
It would be interesting to find out, but I doubt its many. The shop in Westfield has been empty every time I’ve gone passed. I think these have an artificially high RRP. The reason TJC and now IW Mk 3 have them at a tenth of the price is that they can shift more units on TV than Opatra can in their shops. They appeared on TJC for a while before Covid, which is when they really started to push the more expensive items, as none of the shops could open. It must have been an absolute godsend!

I know in the true sense they're not drop-shippers, however when you read articles like this you do see some comparisons, especially around the price mark-ups for products that can often be bought elsewhere for less, sometimes significantly so. Hopefully, as this article touches on re drop-shipping, more and more selly telly viewers are also becoming savvy to the 'must check prices online first' approach.

I am sure it must be worth £30,000 or whatever the stated RRP is, but I’ve seen similar looking masks in the Dr. Who section of Toys and Games in the 1977 Winter Grattan catalogue..
Regardless of what these masks do or don't do, at the end of the day folk are buying a piece of plastic with a few lights in it. The mark up on these things must be huge.

Fools and their money ...

I know in the true sense they're not drop-shippers, however when you read articles like this you do see some comparisons, especially around the price mark-ups for products that can often be bought elsewhere for less, sometimes significantly so. Hopefully, as this article touches on re drop-shipping, more and more selly telly viewers are also becoming savvy to the 'must check prices online first' approach.

So many items are sold with an advanced delivery date, it certainly seems like drop shipping! I remember when TJC launched TJC+ any order placed before 5pm was delivered the next day. That is a distant memory now, as most things are at least 5-7 day delivery. And the postage charges are worse than QVC!!

Latest posts

Back