Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The perfume illustrative sales language reminds me of a travelling salesman in ladies’ underwear comedy character and the patter they’d use when knocking up targeted households in the Basildon area in about 1978. “Fellas - your lady is your princess…When she feels her most womanly in these gussetless bloomers, you KNOW you have your Lady where you need her…And fellas…when another man comes up to you as you drink your Double Diamond and says: “Where did you get her them pants from, chap,…you know you’ve made the right buy for her…. and her lover….I am also trying to think of the last time a man in a pub came up to me and asked me what aftershave I was wearing..Single sex couples also appear to be a yet to be contemplated analogy during these fragrances presentations

The thing seems more sensibly organised behind the scenes when she and the other girl are presenting. The fake texts, for example, seem to happen later on in the day.
I think they have a list of names from the fifty’s and sixties they read out from. I hear my name a lot. Aparently my name sake buys nearly every product they sell 😮

Go on, Have a Buy.. Have a Buy, okay? Linda, Paul, Denny, Jimmy, Joe, Dr. Lobitov, Gerald, Our Bet…Eric..Go on Have a Buy. Buy 100…Worry about that later…Five charges…That’s less than our Bet got for loitering at Cockermouth Police Station…Go on.,Have a Buy, okay? You must insure any tat I am selling…Cyril, Arthur, Edith, Enid, Ernie, Albert…We‘ve managed to get them back…Next..,Canes…Put a clock on them. Sneezes onto the counter and coughs uncontrollably..

I did a funny (I thought it was funny) text while old Have a Buy and his oppos were on yesterday. No disrespect to the real one:- “How many more times are you going to show that wee cane? I have one myself which has come as a godsend for my highland walks in my kilt and my jerkin. A man in my style of dress doesn't want or need to end up flat on his back with his kilt over his head, and this wonderful wee stick prevents that. Hammy in Aberdeen” UnFunnily enough they chose to ignore the wee wee being taken out of their wee wee. If you can’t take a joke….

Latest posts

Back