Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

On TJC Opatra was only sold when there was a live show or via the missed TV section on the website , you could not find the products on the website , this seemed to be a ploy to make it seem a very exclusive brand and yes it definitely used to be sold at Harrods. It has definitely lost its exclusivity now it is on IW as well but also GLO24 seems to have similar products at much cheaper prices to challenge Opatra’s dominance. I think it is wise to only sell these devices when there is a live demonstration because some products if used incorrectly could result in damage to your eyes and thyroid.
Yes, that was part of the pitch when TJC started selling Opatra, the reason being that. Opatra’s customers would be very unhappy that they had paid £8k for the Holy Grail, to discover it for a fraction of the price on TJC. I can never get my head around the price difference. It’s like walking into a car showroom deciding on a £35k car, but being offered it for £3500. And makes me wonder how many full price items they actually sell. Also, as you say Flying Pigs, they need to show a full and thorough demonstration of how these things are used. Not hours of waffle by Presenters with all their makeup on. And anyway, if all these products are improving their skin so much, do they need to wear makeup?

Mason - "Knowing watches as i do, 200 mtr diver's watch £500 minimum." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He knows sod all about watches neither does Miss Precision.
200m, £100 😎

Attachments

• 20231206_172357.jpg
    20231206_172357.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 34
I switched over to QVC on Monday morning and they had an independent living hour with a variety of disability aids. And yes, they sold a walking stick with a light on it but neither the presenter (can’t remember her name) or any of the demonstrators were faking any illnesses or injuries. A few of the items were products that I already have and use so this time around I didn’t buy anything. However the professional manner they used kept me watching.
They spoke with respect to the viewer who might need one of the many products they showed. They showed how to use it and gave examples of when you might need it but didn’t patronise or belittle the viewer. Not like Pedo Simon gurning and feigning a limp while licking his lips and using his “sincere” voice

Foghorn is flippin obsessed with £9 colour changing umbrellas.

with 13 years in selly telly she's never seen these before, says only on selly telly do you get weird things like these, you don't see these anywhere else.

After a few more minutes whittering, she says we checked online and colour changing umbrellas are at least £20 eleswhere.

What i thought you just said nobody else does these, you don't get them anywhere else?

Of course in the real world they've been available for years.

She’s really pushing the free meals. Talk about trying to guilt people into making a purchase 😡

While it's a worthwhile donation/good cause, IMO it shouldn't be used as a sales tactic in such a prominent way as foghorn is using it.

It's a free 28p (approx) breakfast (bowl of cereal/porridge) for UK kids, TJC commited too providing a max of 198,000 in the UK from 1st April 2022 till 30th march 2024, approx 271 a day. For context a £100 donation from individuals to Magic Breakfast provides for 357 breakfasts, of course TJC ain't an individual so there will be tax relief for their charitable donations.

With TJC being Indian owned the main benifitiaries will be in Indian, where they've provided nearly 40 million meals to kids.

I’ve heard one of the presenters say that people have bought 2 Prolite Tunnels at £1600 to do different parts of their bodies at the same time! Really? And this morning I heard Natalia encourage customers to buy 2 Cavishapers, to use together . Unbelievable.
Alternatively buy none. Eat at least semi-healthily, do some exercise, protect yourself from prolonged sunlight, maybe use a decent basic skin moisturiser if need be.

Don't fall for the hype ;)

Well switched on this morning and it wasn't Opatra on screen :eek: , it was Lorem, the let's slaughter the Emu for a natural pain relief show.

But have no fear, as soon as they had finished with the poor Emu it was back to the daily grind with Opatra. :ROFLMAO:

Trivia: The FDA (American body who vet, oversee, and approve/deny medications and food additives in the USA) put Emu oil on a list of health scams people shouldn't fall for.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back