Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It depends on what has happened.

If it's the worst and they've gone bust again, then folks who've order stuff but haven't received goods can cancel any future payments and claim any money back from their credit card company or pay pal, if they're paying by flexi pay then the first payment is probably lost (would need to claim with administrators) but they can cancel future ones.
flexi pay is a credit agreement , so should be able to claim back ?

Ideal world has temporarily suspended broadcasting! I just sent them a message about my missing order, received the reply that site is down for essential maintenance.
What is the missing order you’ve bought? I finally succumbed to buying the “5 star rated” compost on the 26th and it still hasn’t been dispatched. Luckily I paid by PayPal but it’s the hassle I object to

In June 2022 Ideal World teamed up with Studio Retail to give them a tv presence. Article here: https://internetretailing.net/studi...cross-the-tv-companys-social-platforms-24918/

The Studio website currently has a big warehouse clearance, which does make you wonder if the collapse of Ideal World is having a domino effect on some of the other Frasers Group companies? The Ideal World debacle has certainly ruined a lot of the suppliers.

Can it come back? Will it come back? No. Potential buyers obviously decided it would be cheaper to acquire the assets if and when the company falls into administration again. However by withdrawing their broadcasts and websites, they have more or less forfeited their last remaining valuable assets, the freeview, freesat and sky slots, most of which are likely to be permanently withdrawn soon.

It's over. I guess the writing was on the wall at the end of May when this happened:
Notification of Sdi (Retail Co 8) Limited as a person with significant control on 30 May 2023

It is fantastic compost.

In future you could always go direct to the folks that actually supply IW, You Gardens ltd (They are the ones that actually have the Nursery).

This is bad news for customers because other shopping telly channels will leap on this to put their prices up wherever they can. If they have any sense, it will be at their peril, though. Customers have long memories. I've had some excellent value out of Ideal World in the past.

In June 2022 Ideal World teamed up with Studio Retail to give them a tv presence. Article here: https://internetretailing.net/studi...cross-the-tv-companys-social-platforms-24918/

The Studio website currently has a big warehouse clearance, which does make you wonder if the collapse of Ideal World is having a domino effect on some of the other Frasers Group companies? The Ideal World debacle has certainly ruined a lot of the suppliers.

Can it come back? Will it come back? No. Potential buyers obviously decided it would be cheaper to acquire the assets if and when the company falls into administration again. However by withdrawing their broadcasts and websites, they have more or less forfeited their last remaining valuable assets, the freeview, freesat and sky slots, most of which are likely to be permanently withdrawn soon.

It's over. I guess the writing was on the wall at the end of May when this happened:
Notification of Sdi (Retail Co 8) Limited as a person with significant control on 30 May 2023
Studio is constantly having a clearance, isn't it? If anything, I would imagine any items supplied by Frasers should arrive, as Ideal World can't have been holding any actual stock of these items.

Dean Is back on Create and Craft on Wednesday, be interesting if he says anything
If you watched last night, there seemed to have been plenty of references there! Knowing what has happened now, he was hardly trying to hide what was going on.

Studio is constantly having a clearance, isn't it? If anything, I would imagine any items supplied by Frasers should arrive, as Ideal World can't have been holding any actual stock of these items.

If you watched last night, there seemed to have been plenty of references there! Knowing what has happened now, he was hardly trying to hide what was going on.
What did he say

He does some shifts on Create and Craft, so him for one still has some work
Indeed. Bev was joining in as well; the whole slot was full of innuendos and she was nowhere as serious as she normally is.

I did notice another reference by Peter Simon and Peter Vollebregt during a rattan furniture slot to a director getting things right in a couple of months. Peter V said it and his eyes widened, and Peter Simon laughed for a few seconds, before going into a wistful look. It certainly seemed like they weren't expecting to last that long!

I ordered the Bissell Spotclean Pro as it was a good deal, far cheaper than I could find it elsewhere. I had an email saying it had been dispatched and Evri have it, but my parcel keeps getting delayed. I hope it turns up. I’ve been recording a few Ideal shows recently, just the ones that feature cleaning products as I have uploaded a few old videos on my Youtube channel including some featuring Steamy Sue. Anyone remember her?

Attachments

• IMG_8461.jpeg
    IMG_8461.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 51

Latest posts

Back