Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve managed to screenshot the last few seconds before the channel went off air. The last product shown was Zhuzh followed by a couple of promo videos. This was from the live stream on Youtube that is now unlisted, but as it was in my watch history I was able to see it.

Attachments

• IMG_8468.jpeg
    IMG_8468.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 215
I’ve managed to screenshot the last few seconds before the channel went off air. The last product shown was Zhuzh followed by a couple of promo videos. This was from the live stream on Youtube that is now unlisted, but as it was in my watch history I was able to see it.
So Steve Whatley was there opening night, and a product he dreamt up was the final to air

The message on their web site has changed, before it was advising folk to use the ebay store, now it's says to contact customer services.

Their ebay store doesn't seem to have anything to sell now.

Must have been all those expensive watches they were selling cheap🤔
Seriously, sad for the employees if that’s it☹️ and they’ve lost their jobs🤬

I know, imagine selling watches worth thousands of pounds for a pittance, suicidal practice. :eek:
Seriously though, I doubt their watch sales contributed to their losses, their pricing of the watches was well in line with (or even higher) what those watches would sell at elsewhere, so if anything those watch shows were probably one of their more profitable areas.

Notice on screen.

Ideal World has Temporarily suspended broadcasting.

Same on Ideal Extra channel.

Sad for those behind the camera if they have lost their jobs.
I don’t feel sorry for the presenters,feel sorry for those customers who ordered this week.
Will they get their stuff?
I somehow how doubt it?
Shopping 🛍️ tv is dead 💀 online will kill it,even though other channels think they are still relevant, to the real world of retail.

I’ve been refunded for my compost already by PayPal. I went straight there after going to the IW website and it telling me it couldn’t be reached due to a problem with MY internet connection! Such cheek🤣 But yea in future I’ll go straight to Your garden for it.
And yes definitely no sympathy for any of the presenters who saw fit to lie and stretch the truth about what they sold. Like others have said, they had some really good deals quite regularly but everything was always the best or “amaaaayzing” and phone lines were always in “meltdahhn” pressuring the more gullible to “check out their baskets”

Studio is constantly having a clearance, isn't it? If anything, I would imagine any items supplied by Frasers should arrive, as Ideal World can't have been holding any actual stock of these items.

If you watched last night, there seemed to have been plenty of references there! Knowing what has happened now, he was hardly trying to hide what was going on.
Watched IW last night before Freeview channel sign-off at midnightand MMason spent about 3 mins thanking the background crew, producer, buyers, staff behind the scenes and basically explaining your consumer rights, payment rights and Asda returns policy.

Basically said goodbye and thanks to all the customers.
Take care and see you another time I think he said.

I’ve been refunded for my compost already by PayPal. I went straight there after going to the IW website and it telling me it couldn’t be reached due to a problem with MY internet connection! Such cheek🤣 But yea in future I’ll go straight to Your garden for it.
And yes definitely no sympathy for any of the presenters who saw fit to lie and stretch the truth about what they sold. Like others have said, they had some really good deals quite regularly but everything was always the best or “amaaaayzing” and phone lines were always in “meltdahhn” pressuring the more gullible to “check out their baskets”

Forgot to say up thread that You Gardens also have a market place on Amazon, sometimes they have cheaper deals and (if you're a prime member) with free postage you can get things cheaper there, i got compost there in the past and recently got some strultch which was approx a 40% cheaper than both IW and You Garden's own web site.

I would add to that the Management, Buyers and show Editors/Producers as they were either promoting or/and complicit with the lying, misinformation and general shyster behaviour of the presenters. Certainly a lot of the brand/product bullshit that was being spouted would have originated off screen (some of the VTs are evidence of this fact) and the presenters then added their embellishments.

The only employees i would have sympathy for are those that have no input into the shows or selling tactics, ie warehouse staff, junior office staff, cleaners etc.

I would add to that the Management, Buyers and show Editors/Producers as they were either promoting or/and complicit with the lying, misinformation and general shyster behaviour of the presenters. Certainly a lot of the brand/product bullshit that was being spouted would have originated off screen (some of the VTs are evidence of this fact) and the presenters then added their embellishments.

The only employees i would have sympathy for are those that have no input into the shows or selling tactics, ie warehouse staff, junior office staff, cleaners etc.
likewise I feel sorry for back room staff and any customers who might have paid for goods and now wondering what's going to happen.

Little sympathy for anyone involved in the kidology and ego trips, including most of the presenters and whoever it was was banging on in their ears during the shows, 'producers?'.

Its not good to see a company fold, I hope IF it gets resurrected (and in a funny way I do hope it does), they come back with a whole fresh rethink on company values and how they represent products, I feel they've a good platform to sell, valuing your customers old and new and being balanced, honest, and as a consequence gaining new levels of trust could be incredibly powerful for the brand.

likewise I feel sorry for back room staff and any customers who might have paid for goods and now wondering what's going to happen.

Little sympathy for anyone involved in the kidology and ego trips, including most of the presenters and whoever it was was banging on in their ears during the shows, 'producers?'.

Its not good to see a company fold, I hope IF it gets resurrected (and in a funny way I do hope it does), they come back with a whole fresh rethink on company values and how they represent products, I feel they've a good platform to sell, valuing your customers old and new and being balanced, honest, and as a consequence gaining new levels of trust could be incredibly powerful for the brand.

And the customers who started collecting watches on IW (Swan & Edgar, Resultco etc), conned into believing they were buying top quality timepieces at bargain prices, when they were in fact unknowingly buying cheap Chinese watches at prices way above what they were actually worth or selling elsewhere.

Of course at the moment we don't know what's actually happening, whether this is something they can work through or it's fatal, but one thing for sure is this situation was wholly preventable after the escapades of the last meltdown. They knew that their formula (dubious sales tactics) for selling failed, and needed to change, yet instead of finding the causes of past failures and putting in place remedies they just carried on as normal.

The whole ethos of the company needed to change, and while they may have had a loyal customer base, because of their onscreen sales tactics they also have a large portion of the population that think they are a joke, a bunch of shysters and wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

If they do survive, as you say they need to start being honest about the brands, products and pricing to gain existing customer and potential future customers respect and business. They need to stop lying about brand's ownership, history, heritage etc, they need to stop giving deliberately inaccurate misleading information about the products, and they most definitely need to stop over-hyping what they claim a product is worth against what IW is charging, and the list of changes goes on.

Because you all miss it... I know you do...

Well a very good evening to those of you watching at 'ome, and an exquisite voluptuous Friday it is too! (Don't! I know it's Tuesday... it's my age!) Dear viewer I had the most unremarkable of nights. So there I was tossing and turning 🙄 it's the heat you see, I don't like it and it don't like me, so I got on the blower, gave our Bet a call, and said, our Bet tonight it's, and it's not a word I use very often, moist! 🫠 Well you'll never guess what she said to me, she said, you should've used those flexis Pete, got yourself a fan that not only pushes the hot air away, not only chills to a level colder than a penguins bottom, not only sucks (stop making up your own jokes; I'm not done yet 😊) the heat away from your feet via a window attachment (no idea 🤷🏼‍♂️) but dries and dehumidifies at the same time. So I said to our Bet, right, I said, but that'll cost me too much to run, okay, so she said stick a flannel in the freezer and pop that on your particulars later!

Oooooooh so here we are on this Wed, um, Fri ah, well just buy it at 'ome, two twenties and a contract with the devil, I can tell you you won't regret it. 090... it's absolutely gonna fly out on this Saturday so check out those baskets, right. It's a flattern of rattan, delivered straight to your door with a genuine leather slap!

I'm just gonna have a word with our lovely producer Maria, or is it Sophie on tonight? Oh it's Gavin, well hmmm there's a lot I could tell you about our Gav, but maybe I'll save that until the best time of day show! So Gavin, have we received any twats into the studio yet? Oh, dear viewer, I do love it when you get in touch...

No, shemails in the binbox, so on with the show...

I have the most luxurious delicious timepiece for you here from flogstock your rope, and, well, at these prices and with the super fantastic amount of limited stock we've got, you're going to want to check out those webs. Only 5 of these have ever been made and we're incredibly lucky, these were destined for Basildon Market, the home of all the big watch brands, but, and you're going to love me for this, not only have we got all 6 with the cases, the exhibition backs, the swappable straps, the tickety tock of Swiss branded hand assembled finery, right, but, and I can't believe I'm saying this, if you buy tonight in 7 instalments we're even throwing in a pen, a gift box, a second watch and, wow am I allowed to tell them this part? A drone, a battery, and the chance to own a part of the channel.

Have a look at this short video... Ere Gav, I want a word with you? You had better not be giving away any of my spare parts in this offer?

By the way, everyone keeps saying they feel sorry for all the staff...

Well yes, but it's all the Silk Worms I feel sorry for! They have not been mentioned once!

All I'm going to say is, be highly suspicious of what's on offer if the channel suddenly returns and it's selling high quality bird food. Know what I mean? 🤣

Latest posts

Back