Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A plastic box, in orange, winding a watch. £600?? I just couldn’t do it if asked. I could not sit there, with a straight face, looking with credibility at the camera, and tell the viewers that. I would rather restore dirty toilets for a living and earn my money cleanly er... Why do they do it? Okay..perhaps it is my wrong perception and in fact a watch winder box is worth £600. Break it down for me, though - the winder mechanism? £200?? The orange box £200? The four plastic feet £100? The glass/plastic door? £100..Why don’t those figures sit well with me??

A plastic box, in orange, winding a watch. £600?? I just couldn’t do it if asked. I could not sit there, with a straight face, looking with credibility at the camera, and tell the viewers that. I would rather restore dirty toilets for a living and earn my money cleanly er... Why do they do it? Okay..perhaps it is my wrong perception and in fact a watch winder box is worth £600. Break it down for me, though - the winder mechanism? £200?? The orange box £200? The four plastic feet £100? The glass/plastic door? £100..Why don’t those figures sit well with me??

Never worth £600 in a million years. I know some watch winders are expensive, but they are usually made from better quality materials and use Japanese motors, which last way longer than the Chinese ones in those IW winders.
As they come from the same folks as the watches, ie it's all Solar Time products, then one can assume they use the same formula for the RRP of the watch winder as they do for their watches, in which case, those winders should be selling for around £50 max. ;)

Flicking through I’ve come a across the Tower Carpet Washer hour obviously its the best Carpet Washer in the World Usual Price £199.98 IW Price £79.99, are we are extremely limited as Tower can’t give us much stock, as it is soo cheap.

What are the tacky seaside bits and bobs about

On the Same hour, Pervy Pete meantioned he went into his local DIY store the other day a really old fashioned local One.

He said I bought 2 buckets and they came to £14.45 he asked the guy who owned the shop why are they are so dear. He said well Peter these buckets have 4 Candles.

Crickey how does some of this speel make people buy

On the Same hour, Pervy Pete meantioned he went into his local DIY store the other day a really old fashioned local One.

He said I bought 2 buckets and they came to £14.45 he asked the guy who owned the shop why are they are so dear. He said well Peter these buckets have 4 Candles.

Crickey how does some of this speel make people buy

Two Ronnies gag totally F*!ked up.
He's not even in the same league, as they were Premier div and he is Sunday league.

Oh it's "listen to this" & "if you're new to these shows" Kev 'Jackanory' Reynolds

First in the world to see these new watches. :unsure:

Look very similar to a Gurkha watch being flogged on ebay, which is used & few years old.

You'd be very pleased to own a NH35 🙄 worth a tenner at best 😁 if PS can open a clasp, I'll buy the watch 😁
Seem to remember CW releasing a Gurkha watch a few years ago, don't know why Vostok are jumping on that particular band wagon 🤔

It would seem our Kevin is about 2 years behind trends. His jumbo sizes are way out of date, same as his colours. Anything less than 42 is now the new vogue, he can't seem to grasp the watch industry, meca quartz etc have passed him by.

You'd be very pleased to own a NH35 🙄 worth a tenner at best 😁 if PS can open a clasp, I'll buy the watch 😁
Seem to remember CW releasing a Gurkha watch a few years ago, don't know why Vostok are jumping on that particular band wagon 🤔

Yeah they did, think it was to celebrate the 200 years of Gurkhas in the British Army, which was in 2015.
As usual Reynolds & co are a few years late to the party or it may be old stock that was found, which wasn't sold when the the VE Gurkha watches (one on ebay) were out a few years ago, and he's just doing the usual making up a story to flog them.

There are Gurkha watches already.

It would seem our Kevin is about 2 years behind trends. His jumbo sizes are way out of date, same as his colours. Anything less than 42 is now the new vogue, he can't seem to grasp the watch industry, meca quartz etc have passed him by.

And those Rollys he's says IW asked for are 44mm, ok that's passable for the Diver style watch but way to big for the dress version.

I wonder if the IW customers he has most contact with are the Vostok Europe clan who are into big, Invicta size watches, which is giving him a false insight into what size of watches folks in the real world really want.
Ok VE don't do dress watches, so they can get away with the bigger sizes, but folks like Mathey-Tissot need to get away from this 42mm/44mm being a normal dress watch size, they need to start producing, 36-40mm dress watches and everything else at 43mm max. They can do it if asked for, they did a nice 34mm Explorer homage for the far east, i would like one of these.

Oh see Kev 'Jackanory' Reynolds is back tomorrow night, with ALL the watches from last night, which is a bit of a miracle considering they only had small amounts and Kev was warning us to check out as he's doesn't want emails after the show asking when he's getting more cause everything always sells out.

Ah well maybe they'll sell out on Friday, or maybe, just maybe Kev will keep finding some in the bottom of a wardrobe and we'll be seeing the Gurkha watches & huge Mathey-Tissot Rollys every few weeks for the next year or so. ;)

Thought when Ideal world changed hands they talked about bringing all these big new brands to the channel, just looking at the coming week, doesn’t look like much of a change, at least in the pick of the day category.

Today – Joe Brown (well they’ve been with us for ages, Shaun’s fav clothing, shame he's not on today bet he would have loved to have a good feel of that jumpsuit. :eek:)

Friday – H2O H3 Cleaning (Becs and her wonder water, again.)

Saturday – M Sport waterless wax (Alan’s back with the wax, and his relocating of Carnauba tree to the rainforest. He's harder to get rid of than perennial weeds.)

Sunday – Garden Bargains (Exclusive Compost time again, that's why they are in white bags folks. :ROFLMAO:)

Monday – Instant air purification (Don’t know why it needs a pick of the day slot, since they started flogging it, it’s never been off the screen anyway)

Tuesday – Emilia fashion – (Maybe something new for the Ladies? Oh wait it’s the 'everybody has millions of pairs of Bengalines' time again, which seems to be every week these days.)

Wednesday – Regatta Fashion – (More Jackets and wellies that every celeb is wearing and look at least ten times more expensive than they cost.)

Thursday - Proto-col Anniversary BlockBuster – (Pretty sure they had an anniversary recently, I wonder what anniversary we’re celebrating now, the millionth show or maybe it’s 10 years since James’s 🦱 transplant. )

So will keep a weekly check but doesn’t look like much has changed, maybe the odd item, but on the whole same crap, same lies. :rolleyes:

And those Rollys he's says IW asked for are 44mm, ok that's passable for the Diver style watch but way to big for the dress version.

They can do it if asked for, they did a nice 34mm Explorer homage for the far east, i would like one of these.
Funny you should say that. My latest acquisition,a Seiko5 based explorer mod. Really is a nice little thing and dosen’t get in the way when working. Nothing wrong with smaller watches I don’t go over 42mm, plenty big enough😉

Attachments

• 70276B23-2D6D-4056-961D-6E824D625EB1.jpeg
    70276B23-2D6D-4056-961D-6E824D625EB1.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 41
Really looking forward to the sales pitch for this beauty tonight.

Well another high quality, state of the art watch winder tonight, this time a Mainspring (AKA Dartmouth Brands, AKA Solar Time) Satellite Winder, only £115 + £3.99 P & P, probably reduced from at least £500.

952401_STANDARD__000_20220824.jpg

or you could just go Ali and get it for £34.36 free postage. ;)

U841a965ffd06444cbca85c7edd14496ab.png

And by the most amazing coincidence, truly miraculous in fact, both images have the same watch in the winder. ;):ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Really looking forward to the sales pitch for this beauty tonight.

Well another high quality, state of the art watch winder tonight, this time a Mainspring (AKA Dartmouth Brands, AKA Solar Time) Satellite Winder, only £115 + £3.99 P & P, probably reduced from at least £500.

View attachment 24344

or you could just go Ali and get it for £34.36 free postage. ;)

View attachment 24345

And by the most amazing coincidence, truly miraculous in fact, both images have the same watch in the winder. ;):ROFLMAO:
This is when we need the guy that can make stuff appear over the IW presentations!! Imagine a message popping up they could do nothing about saying 'Buy this for £35 at Ali ... IW is SHAFTING you!'

Latest posts

Back