Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think the LOOK of some of those are ok.
But I had an enamel dial Sugess Earth on the bench a few weeks ago. It was a standard SeaGull ST8000 inside, and it had stopped within 12 months of purchase. Two reasons - it was massively over-oiled, and there was a hair wound into the train.
There’s no doubt that the Chinese can assemble things properly and with care, after all, they assemble iPhones etc. But I guess at the prices we contract with them, there isn’t the room, the incentive, or the desire to.
I’ve never had a new Swiss, German or Japanese watch with those issues (not even those with Chinese parts inside.
I agree completely with your observations and you are much better qualified on movements etc as I'm just a hobbiest, my sugess for example has an st1900 series in it which as you know, is a venus copy and whilst old, a very capable movement 😎

How can anyone, even Peter, not be able to identify what is, or isn’t a chrono? I’m guessing it was a full calendar and he just counted the dials?
I suppose my point is if they know so little, it’s really that they know nothing at all and the same must be true of the other stuff they sell…

Yep, 3 dials must be a chrono. :ROFLMAO:

This is it

earnshaw.JPG

I agree completely with your observations and you are much better qualified on movements etc as I'm just a hobbiest, my sugess for example has an st1900 series in it which as you know, is a venus copy and whilst old, a very capable movement 😎
It’s a lovely looking movement, tbh. I’ve stripped down a SeaGull 1963 with the ST1901 (with the swan’s neck regulator) and I was actually quite impressed. I think it shows that if the contract price is fair, then real care can be taken.
Enjoy it in good health and happiness, Ronzy!

Dr. Edwards has an extraordinarily annoying new healthcare assistant with him for his morning scaremongering surgery. God, she is unwatchable. I may have misheard - but did she just say her neighbour was found dead in the middle of nowhere as she had no cheap and nasty video doorbell? No...I must have imagined it. He 'hates' to scaremonger, he says. No he doesn't. He embraces the concept. No depths...No depths..

Dr. Edwards has an extraordinarily annoying new healthcare assistant with him for his morning scaremongering surgery. God, she is unwatchable. I may have misheard - but did she just say her neighbour was found dead in the middle of nowhere as she had no cheap and nasty video doorbell? No...I must have imagined it. He 'hates' to scaremonger, he says. No he doesn't. He embraces the concept. No depths...No depths..
The depths they sink to are far below what they guarantee on thier overpriced "chrono/diver" watches.

He probably gets a couple of grand a show. I’d happily turn into a plastic WOO WOO stick for that each night.
I've said numerous times I'd love to know how much they get paid. Obviously it'll vary between presenters, duration on screen etc. Tbh it's just out of curiosity more than anything else. Would we think 'As little as that??' or 'MMmm, not bad I suppose' or 'How much?!?'

As you say, if they're raking it in, no wonder they're happy to stand/sit there and spout guff ... I would!

Everything about ALL these channels is geared towards 'encouraging' viewers to buy and ideally asap. Fine, they're shopping channels. It's what they exist to do. However please don't insult viewer intelligence by trying to suggest the formula isn't designed to encourage the viewer to buy through whatever means deemed reasonable.

I say this not to hurry you, not to panic you, not to concern you ...

BULLSH1T

Latest posts

Back