Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter the Porkeypie Man:

"I already have four of you online and two on the web."

Stupid sod.
"Now the price of this next watch is so low, buy it even if you don't like it."

Turns out to be a horrible oblong Thomas Earnshaw first layer leather strap. Put it on your insurance he says. A legacy watch. The man is getting madder by the day.

He wouldn’t know retail truth if it fell on him.

He's claiming the Earnshaw he is flogging now is a Chrono, it ain't, and to think just yesterday Janice was praising Peter's horology knowledge. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Janice (yannis) is another that doesn't know retail, probably just as well forum was down earlier as him and emma had me raging with their duchamp show, normally would call them a pair of shysters but even that isn't sufficient to describe their behaviour.

That's a point that never gets mentioned on selly telly, especially their affordable Chinese tourbillons, servicing & potential costs.

Yeah on the odd occassion they will say if there's a problem just contact us, which is okay if it's a fault that develops while it's still under guarentee, but once out of guarentee, the costs of getting a problem fixed or just a general service can make most of selly telly watches uneconomical, better to bin and buy a new watch.

I've 17 watches which would considered as either Chinese watches (10 from Chinese brands, Seagull, Parnis, reef tiger etc) or from western brands (7) but obviously they were assembled in China, but only 2 maybe 3 would i ever consider getting serviced, the rest would just be binned. Unless a they had some real sentimental value then it's just not worth it.
I've had my share, (still have) Chinese watches and the quality has really upped on certain brands, Sugess, San Martin, watchdives etc, but the rubbish spouted on IW about heritage and such of Earnshaw etc is misleading at best, downright lies

I've had my share, (still have) Chinese watches and the quality has really upped on certain brands, Sugess, San Martin, watchdives etc, but the rubbish spouted on IW about heritage and such of Earnshaw etc is misleading at best, downright lies
I think the LOOK of some of those are ok.
But I had an enamel dial Sugess Earth on the bench a few weeks ago. It was a standard SeaGull ST8000 inside, and it had stopped within 12 months of purchase. Two reasons - it was massively over-oiled, and there was a hair wound into the train.
There’s no doubt that the Chinese can assemble things properly and with care, after all, they assemble iPhones etc. But I guess at the prices we contract with them, there isn’t the room, the incentive, or the desire to.
I’ve never had a new Swiss, German or Japanese watch with those issues (not even those with Chinese parts inside.

Claiming these cheap Earnshaw watches are connected to the watchmaker Thomas Earnshaw born in the 18th century. He'll spout any old crap just to make a sale.
I think you need to be VERY careful what you say. I'm stopping short of saying BACK OFF because I'm trying to be nice.

I have it on very good authority there is someone working in the factory that manufacture these watches who lives three doors along from someone who used to go to school with someone who in turn lived five doors along from someone who had a best friend who in turn had a second best friend who is the third cousin removed from someone who has a great great great great great great aunt who sat next to Thomas Earnshaw at school!

So there IS a connection, got it?!?

;)

He's claiming the Earnshaw he is flogging now is a Chrono, it ain't, and to think just yesterday Janice was praising Peter's horology knowledge. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Janice (yannis) is another that doesn't know retail, probably just as well forum was down earlier as him and emma had me raging with their duchamp show, normally would call them a pair of shysters but even that isn't sufficient to describe their behaviour.
How can anyone, even Peter, not be able to identify what is, or isn’t a chrono? I’m guessing it was a full calendar and he just counted the dials?
I suppose my point is if they know so little, it’s really that they know nothing at all and the same must be true of the other stuff they sell…

How can anyone, even Peter, not be able to identify what is, or isn’t a chrono? I’m guessing it was a full calendar and he just counted the dials?
I suppose my point is if they know so little, it’s really that they know nothing at all and the same must be true of the other stuff they sell…
You're another one who needs to BACK OFF!!!

Peter has a Masters Degree in Watchology, obtained via an online course from the University of Outer Mongolia at a cost of £19.99.

He tells it like it is so he does :)

Latest posts

Back