Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If what he just said about he hasn't demonstrated it, because of not been allowed to handle raw food. How come Joanne and Simona have both demonstrated items cooking raw foods.

The real reason he can't do cooking demos is that he needs to keep his fingers clean for the constant shirt collar adjustments, he's scared of messing up those pristine collars. ;):ROFLMAO:

Thanks all the crew by name while signing off till Tuesday and never, ever, mentioned the size of the thing he was selling that had to fit into something else for it to work, pathetic...gang!

According to the web site it's 25x23x6 cm, but he should have mentioned it on the show for the folks that don't view the web site. They're the same with a lot of products where they fail to give faily basic, but important, technical information so viewers can make an informed judgement.

I switched channels partway through 'the best vacuum ive ever brought to air' bull shyte, quick check back and poor Emma looks like a rabbit in the headlights when she gets a loud brash co host :LOL:

smile and nod, smile and nod!!!!!

Off button, thank you and good night.

An hour selling a cooking item with no cooking. Shame on them. The arrogance of them. Arrogance or just incompetence.
I saw Mike talking about cooking food, describing cooked food, miming cooking and cutting up cooked food, but no food. Combine that with his vacuum sounds coming from his mouth it could almost be an episode from BBC Play School. 'Hello again. Can you guess what I am?.. VVVAAARRUMMM VAARRUMMM That's right a vacuum cleaner. Can you guess what I'm doing? Yes I'm cooking food, do it with me...'

I find it interesting how the posting activity and style here differs so much from the other main contributed to sub-forum - QVC. Very few if any transferable, regular posting members to both, no similar thread for general observations about the day’s programmes on the QVC side like here. Very much product-focused threads or ones on two or three of the presenters of interest like Huntley, for example, on the QVC side. There IS humour on the QVC forums, but it is very much regimented to specific threads and subjects, and not really off the wall and more random like here. I just wonder why? One reason is there seems lots of QVC product buyers on that forum, and very few if any (currently) on the Ideal World. I suppose one key reason for the contrast in posting styles is on that side, members are viewing with a view to buying, and members here are viewing purely for the entertainment factor. It still baffles me, though, why they have no general watching and comments thread on there, but I suppose in the previous context of everything, they see no need for one.

I find it interesting how the posting activity and style here differs so much from the other main contributed to sub-forum - QVC. Very few if any transferable, regular posting members to both, no similar thread for general observations about the day’s programmes on the QVC side like here. Very much product-focused threads or ones on two or three of the presenters of interest like Huntley, for example, on the QVC side. There IS humour on the QVC forums, but it is very much regimented to specific threads and subjects, and not really off the wall and more random like here. I just wonder why? One reason is there seems lots of QVC product buyers on that forum, and very few if any (currently) on the Ideal World. I suppose one key reason for the contrast in posting styles is on that side, members are viewing with a view to buying, and members here are viewing purely for the entertainment factor. It still baffles me, though, why they have no general watching and comments thread on there, but I suppose in the previous context of everything, they see no need for one.
I don't watch much IW, can't usually stand more than a couple of minutes. But I love the IW forum for its humour. I occasionally contribute to the others as I do dip into QVC and TJC but love the randomness (if that's a word) of this thread. And forumites share knowledge of products which I find really helpful. I have to say the watch stuff goes way over my head though!

I don't watch much IW, can't usually stand more than a couple of minutes. But I love the IW forum for its humour. I occasionally contribute to the others as I do dip into QVC and TJC but love the randomness (if that's a word) of this thread. And forumites share knowledge of products which I find really helpful. I have to say the watch stuff goes way over my head though!
I agree about the watches they could easily sell me any cheap rubbish

Am I hearing things? Did Super Lips just say some plastic looking device that looks like a combination of my Matchbox Superfast Garage and Newbury Park Underground Station costs £20,000 on the manufacturer’s website. £20,000? It comes with a large box. I would want a box as large as and based upon the Sistene Chapel for that price..Now don’t tell me…Let me guess before I switch off…They want about £500 for it? Losing the manufacturer about £19000. Can we start a Just Giving page for them. Either that…or the manufacturing costs are significantly less than £20,000? Ah…£1699 in fact.. That’s okay, then. Only £18,000 or so lost.

Last edited:
I have learnt whilst watching bits of these beauty shows, lots of people are not feeling the cost of living pinch like some of us are, because they are able to spend hundreds and thousands of pounds on devices. Mark sold 90 such devices at £349.99 each on TJC the other night.

Wowzers…Another counter of repetitive ta…er..inexpensive goods, mainly more inexpensive elsewhere. Nice looking 2000s digital camera for some technology nostalgia later. now scare mongering that you can’t find an available charging point for a phone at an airport. I never have that problem. In fact I think most people don’t have that problem because those machines are always available at the airports I visit. Had high hopes for this guy but he’s turned out to be very disappointing with his sales techniques. I’ve seen emptier septic tanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back