Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rule of thumb.If they are £1795 on their website but they sell them for £449.99 on a home shopping channel they are not worth even half that £1795.

Plus you can add that it's probably got a basic Ronda quartz movement, the fact they don't tell you what movement is in it is telling also, then even £449 is steep.

Now I know some people are tight on money, but a bottle of £8.99 scent for the one you love on Valentine’s Day?? Seriously? She would chuck it at me and go home if I did that. I think he may have forgotten with his product presentation that even if you did spend £8.99 on some cheap scent for an enemy for Valentine’s Day, it still wouldn’t get there on time now.
This is the thing, rightly or wrongly, especially when gifting for a loved one, most people like to give a branded gift when they can. I suppose the target market for IW is the type of consumer (and I'm not poking fun when I type this) who for whatever reason buy from street markets, car boot sales and discount stores. As we've said many times before, the likes of IW know how to target these consumers e.g. with references to much more expensive products and so on.

Is this guy being serious? Advising us not to ‘waste people’s time’ by seeking additional medical advice about blood pressure etc. when you can rely on a £40 watch. Is there no continuity of presenting here? Does each presenter just say and do what they like? Mason, at least, with his presentation of the watch, made it completely clear that this was not a medical device. This idiot did not.
There have been articles about such devices that do multiple things and the varying accuracy of the results. If one of the presenters did suggest such a device can be used in place of professional medical advice, they're an idiot. Even more so given the product IW was likely selling would be at the cheaper end of the market.

Hopped on to the YT feed and happened across a very awkward moment. Mike M waxing lyrical about a vac, Peter V standing in the background holding said vac but apparently not knowing where to look. All jokes aside Peter V's done enough presenting not to be in that sort of position. He was looking down, up, off to the side, gazing at the vac, anywhere but to the camera.

It just came across as awkward.

There have been articles about such devices that do multiple things and the varying accuracy of the results. If one of the presenters did suggest such a device can be used in place of professional medical advice, they're an idiot. Even more so given the product IW was likely selling would be at the cheaper end of the market.
Essentially, he was suggesting by implication not to ‘waste people’s time’. He didn’t name their roles, but the natural and fair extension to his comments about checking your own blood pressure instead with the watch, directly linked to the previous time wasting remark. So it wasn’t wasting your dustman’s time. Now, if this watch is not pinpoint accurate, and gives you say, a normal blood pressure when the reality, with dedicated medical blood pressure taking equipment, gives you a high blood pressure result instead, by not wasting people’s time, you potentially leave a serious condition undiagnosed. WASTE PEOPLE’s TIME!! Get your blood pressure checked by a GP or a nurse. Many GPs had two years off from face to face consultations during Coronavirus. My wife was misdiagnosed over the phone by one and subsequently died from sepsis. ‘Waste’ their ****** time, and get yourself checked properly.

Last edited:
Always shop around first. I promise less than £50.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 16-00-43 Proscenic T22 Air Fryer with 13 Presets & Shake Reminder Oil...png
    Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 16-00-43 Proscenic T22 Air Fryer with 13 Presets & Shake Reminder Oil...png
    290.1 KB · Views: 0
Essentially, he was suggesting by implication not to ‘waste people’s time’. He didn’t name their roles, but the natural and fair extension to his comments about checking your own blood pressure instead with the watch, directly linked to the previous time wasting remark. So it wasn’t wasting your dustman’s time. Now, if this watch is not pinpoint accurate, and gives you say, a normal blood pressure when the reality, with dedicated medical blood pressure taking equipment, gives you a high blood pressure result instead, by not wasting people’s time, you potentially leave a serious condition undiagnosed. WASTE PEOPLE’s TIME!! Get your blood pressure checked by a GP or a nurse. Many GPs had two years off from face to face consultations during Coronavirus. My wife was misdiagnosed over the phone by one and subsequently died from sepsis. ‘Waste’ their ****** time, and get yourself checked properly.
I agree with you, however I feel the home/personal monitoring devices do have their place if you buy decent ones that are accredited for such use. They enable people to self monitor things like blood pressure without the slight anxiety that can arise when having it taken in the surgery.

Latest posts

Back