Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The unfortunate thing is, six months in, there seems little hope now of any improvement. Good presenters with a less hysterical approach are there mixed in with the usual suspects, but that alone isn’t enough. The culture overall is key, and that remains very much as it was.

The unfortunate thing is, six months in, there seems little hope now of any improvement. Good presenters with a less hysterical approach are there mixed in with the usual suspects, but that alone isn’t enough. The culture overall is key, and that remains very much as it was.
Trouble is the good presenters often get the 10pm to 2am shift

Andy Hodgeson said the same thing on Sunday morning. He said the business had made the decision not to order any more Airfryers and what they had in stock was it. Wish they had made the same decision about Opatra 🤣🤣
I wish they’d made the same decision not to order any more Bid-TV/IW Mk 2/3 presenters…

Don't give the Fields family ideas for more watch brands, please… 😂

I’m still waiting for them to use Grace Brothers.
That had a Mr Rumbelow in it, I think, as well.
Altogther now, ‘I’m Freeeeee’.
So many double entendres, I hate to think what Peter would get up to!
🤣🤣

Here’s one, as an idea- and it’s real, too. Dropped in for repair, but never collected. I fixed it anyway, just fir practice, but it was a lesson learned!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 43
he was in a Tom Baker Doctor Who story The Androids of Tara

And in a Ghost Story for Christmas I watched on Talking Pictures TV over Christmas. Was from the early 70s and he was very young (and rather dashing - I couldn't quite believe it was Selly Telly travers. I ended up on YouTube after watching his awful stint on some strange sky channel in the early 2000s that was pure car crash TV).

And in a Ghost Story for Christmas I watched on Talking Pictures TV over Christmas. Was from the early 70s and he was very young (and rather dashing - I couldn't quite believe it was Selly Telly travers. I ended up on YouTube after watching his awful stint on some strange sky channel in the early 2000s that was pure car crash TV).
Lavers*, ****** autoincorrect

A very funny guy. You could often see in his eyes that he thought the whole thing was ultimately ridiculous, and a gift for comedy in general. I loved his style of doing the job. Sad day when he finally stopped working in shopping television.

Take an electronically nostalgic journey with him…Portable TVs…dash cams…canes…

Last edited:
I have bought sporadically from QVC over the years - usually electronic type TSVs. And again, for previous versions of Ideal World (Karcher, Rug Doctor…).. Most things received smoothly and satisfactorily. With this version, essentially just via the look, culture to criticism and the sales pitches employed, I would never make an order - even if they did have a decent high street name product I potentially needed at a competitive price point. I just wouldn’t have any confidence personally in ordering from the new version.

Latest posts

Back