Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yeah, other presenters make similar claims, which if it were true then they've got more money than sense and their house if full of stuff that they can't possible have time to use.

I think the wording may be important, i didn't see the bit but if they say they use everything, implying they've bought it and use it regularly, then clearly they are bullshitting as they can't possibly afford all of the stuff nor have time to use all this stuff. On the other hand, if they say they've tried the stuff they sell, then that could be possible, ie if they were given samples to try the product but they don't actually buy or use every item from that point onwards. hope that makes sense.
it did sound the latter

They've switched the on-screen graphics back to white again. For those coming late, wondering how bad they were…

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 13.42.49.jpg

Oh dear more tents sorry hoody’s in such lovely shades
The one in the colour of a teddy bear/caterpillar boots, wow that was truly hideous. It was almost ‘bright brown’!!!

I enjoy the comments posted here but less and less i find myself watching it now because there really is nothing remotely worth buying and I don't see that changing.

The philosophy appears to have been: Buy IW branding and customer database- flog TJC tat to a bigger audience.

The one in the colour of a teddy bear/caterpillar boots, wow that was truly hideous. It was almost ‘bright brown’!!!

I enjoy the comments posted here but less and less i find myself watching it now because there really is nothing remotely worth buying and I don't see that changing.

The philosophy appears to have been: Buy IW branding and customer database- flog TJC tat to a bigger audience.
Bigger audience is that 2 rather than 1

Ditto
My money’s definitely safe. I too find myself watching less and less and when I stiffen my backbone and dive in I find myself spending a large amount of my time thinking « oh FFS not that again » plus a large amount of the stuff they show on IW is also shown on the TJC channel. Sometimes TJC is IW plus one and sometimes it’s the other way round. It makes the TJC habit of counting down the price pointless when you’ve seen the same item on IW the day before and you already know what end the price will be.

Outcome of dash cam ASA complaint:-

Dear Mr. Cheese,

Thank you for your complaint about this advert and for your patience whilst we considered the matter. Youchallenged whether the ad was misleading because it did not provide evidence to substantiate the claim made regarding dashcams reducing insurance costs.

We’ve assessed the ad you highlighted and, from the information we have, we think it likely to have breached the Advertising Codes (“the Codes”) that we administer. We are writing to let you know that we will be taking steps to address this.

We will explain your concerns to the advertiser and provide guidance to them on the areas that require attention, together with advice on how to ensure that their advertising complies with the Codes.

Thank you once again for taking the time to raise your concerns with us. Comments such as yours help us to understand the issues that matter to consumers and we will keep a record of your complaint on file for use in future monitoring. If you would like more information about our complaint handling principles, please visit our website here.

Latest posts

Back