Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's exactly what Freedman, CEO of Resultco said about his marketing plan;
Freedman: We are selective as to our dealer base. Today’s retail market needs a road map to find success. We prefer to limit distribution with our desire to become a ‘house’ brand for the retailer. We want our dealer base to make a profit. We accept the consumer’s psychology of never buying a product at retail regardless of brand. Today’s consumer needs to satisfy their mental state to want a discount when making a purchase. To aid the retailer we enhance the retail price with an expectation that the dealer will discount at purchase. We allow the dealer to promote Heritor based on design and cost.

The current shows featuring Christophe Duchamp (Pretendy Swiss brand from Woking incorporated in 2020) are really good at highlighting this practice, most of Duchamp range are just copies of Roamer of Switzerland (An actual Swiss Watchmaker with a history and heritage dating back to 1888) watches, so we can see how both brands behave when it comes to setting RRPs.

Roamer Primeline automatic RRP - £678 to £724 (Roamer have different RRPs depending on case finishing, ie plated or plain.
Duchamp Audace (direct copy of Roamer Primeline) - £2995 (no difference for finishing).

Anyone with half a brain watching IW should be asking themselves why does a Pretendy Swiss brand's watch merit an RRP at least 4 times greater than the RRP for a copy of a watch from an actual Swiss brand?
It's the 11-11 sale on Ali express now, half decent watches for decent prices 👌 at least you know exactly where they're from 😎

It's the 11-11 sale on Ali express now, half decent watches for decent prices 👌 at least you know exactly where they're from 😎

It's luxury watches tonight, from those renowned 4th generation watchmakers at Mann Egerton, wonder who the guest horological expert will be, maybe Baby Fields, Anthony David or maybe that horological genious Mike Beckingham will make his first appearance on the new IW, certainly won't be papa Fields he seems exclusive to the TJC channel. :ROFLMAO:

Mann Egerton? For those around my age (93) all Mann Egerton pictures in my mind is constant trips to the Northampton branch trying to keep a very temperamental Renault 21GTL from misbehaving itself further, and hoping the attractive young girl in the service department would be there to deal with me. She always used to make a beeline for me smiling and flickering her eyebrows…erm..lids and all I had to say was my ball bearings had gone again and my wheel nuts were rusty.. On a serious note: why on earth did they choose that name for a ‘luxury’ watch brand? They’d have got more panache and kudos from naming it Fine Fare or Freeman Hardy & Willis…

Last edited by a moderator:
Mann Egerton? For those around my age (93) all Mann Egerton pictures in my mind is constant trips to the Northampton branch trying to keep a very temperamental Renault 21GTL from misbehaving itself further, and hoping the attractive young girl in the service department would be there to deal with me. She always used to make a beeline for me smiling and flickering her eyebrows…erm..lids and all I had to say was my ball bearings had gone again and my wheel nuts were rusty.. On a serious note: why on earth did they choose that name for a ‘luxury’ watch brand? They’d have got more panache and kudos from naming it Fine Fare or Freeman Hardy & Willis…
What a boring story you shared. Totally irrelevant to shopping telly.

my mum had a brown mini with a Mann Egerton sticker in the back! I had a renualt 11 gtx from my first job for a while, leaded fuel only, it was a decent motor at the time , I swerved a laguna a few years later.

I flicked on to see 'Black Friday' deals (Isn't that next week?) and Sally Jacks selling handbags saying you can pay thousands. Now I am just back from House of Fraser, the Flanels section. I know very little about bags but my friend was having a look and I asked her. If I told you there's a designer bag for sale but no mention of any name, would you pay for it. She said it's not designer. And that was my own point on here. Calling them designer bags implies a well known brand, if you don't reveal the brand you can't advertise it as that. Technically speaking the plastic resealable jiffy bags that IKEA sell are designed by someone but you couldn't honestly call those 'designer' bags. My friend said (as I thought) nobody is going to buy 'designer' bags of shopping TV they will go to a shopping village and look around for deals. They just need to be more honest and say they are budget handbags styled or inspired by more expensive brands. There's nothing wrong with that at all. I thought perhaps if it is 'Black Friday' we might get some proper stuff like Tefal cookware or Panasonic electronics or SOMETHING we've heard of. Burt it's just the same tat redressed as a Black Friday deal.

Aren't they based in London? I thought he said he refused to back on Ideal World because it was too far to travel because of his elderly mum??
He probably traded her in to appear on it. You imagine he’d walk from Rutland to get there. Still, if he was asked, I don‘t blame him for turning them (Ideal World) down, bearing in mind how dreadful it is.

If she says opaque tights once more. Congratulations, William. Hope your opaque tights fit.. Peter Simon next…modelling a pair.. Peter would love to hear from you, she says. As long as you are not saying anything critical, he does…

Leaves only to two ex Ideal World/Shop Extra tat sellers not back on tv,no doubt someone will be daft enough to offer them a job.🤔
HayleyFB2.JPG

An e-bike (you know..the ones they weren’t going to get back before Christmas last time they had them on) is the ‘BEST’ Christmas gift this year, he says. It was canes last time, wasn‘t it? Does he remember what he says, show on show?

Latest posts

Back