Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why do they over egg everything they sell (and I mean everything) why not just be down to earth and say this is x item its x price and it will do a job for this that or the next thing.

I wonder who makes the decision's on the sales tactics at IW, do they never look around for examples of how you can sell without saying this £10 item is really worth £1000....get it now as it will never be back (until the next show)

Dacia cars are a good example of here is a car it has these items, it will do this and here is a warranty, and here is the price take it or leave it, No one is trying to flog it off as a bentley (it'd take the dacia all day long) Dacia has now been in the UK selling cars (and selling a load of them) for a good few years, they havent had to reinvent themselves every 3rd year like IW mk1 mk2 mk3.....

They ridicule themselves by doing it. And they are clearly ridiculing the intelligence of their customer base thinking that they are going to fall for these absolutely ridiculous tactics. Still, if they paid me £250 a shift, I would probably say similar.

Why do they over egg everything they sell (and I mean everything) why not just be down to earth and say this is x item its x price and it will do a job for this that or the next thing.

I wonder who makes the decision's on the sales tactics at IW, do they never look around for examples of how you can sell without saying this £10 item is really worth £1000....get it now as it will never be back (until the next show)

Dacia cars are a good example of here is a car it has these items, it will do this and here is a warranty, and here is the price take it or leave it, No one is trying to flog it off as a bentley (it'd take the dacia all day long) Dacia has now been in the UK selling cars (and selling a load of them) for a good few years, they havent had to reinvent themselves every 3rd year like IW mk1 mk2 mk3.....
Becaaaaaause, their tactic is obviously to go down the barrow boy / market stall holder route. They display many of the same techniques. They have very little interest in being anywhere near truthful with many of the products. This is why I'd love to know how many products they shift and the profit, because maybe this approach works for them business wise? Although you'd think how can it be working given the previous incarnation of IW folded and they used many of the same techniques.

You all know my views on these channels, however playing devils advocate, if I owned a car sales business and the genuinely upfront/honest salesperson sold 2 cars a week and the more shady salesperson sold 6 cars a week, I know what approach I'd want to keep pushing ;)

Becaaaaaause, their tactic is obviously to go down the barrow boy / market stall holder route. They display many of the same techniques. They have very little interest in being anywhere near truthful with many of the products. This is why I'd love to know how many products they shift and the profit, because maybe this approach works for them business wise? Although you'd think how can it be working given the previous incarnation of IW folded and they used many of the same techniques.

You all know my views on these channels, however playing devils advocate, if I owned a car sales business and the genuinely upfront/honest salesperson sold 2 cars a week and the more shady salesperson sold 6 cars a week, I know what approach I'd want to keep pushing ;)
Yeah we'd want the 6 cars to be 7 cars per week :ROFLMAO:

Randomly turned over and Sally Is selling crystal clutch bags for £12.99 they have no label, these could be from a designer she says

Oh yeah breaking the internet
They're from a designer all right, a designer based somewhere in Asia where the bags will then be churned out for a couple of pounds each with staff paid £10 a week.

I can’t for the life of me work out why I would want that sleeveless jumper. You can’t wear it under a coat because of the way it’s stitched at the sides. It would probable drive me nuts to wear as it restricts your upper arm movement. Give me a « normal » sleeveless jumper any day of the week.

I can’t for the life of me work out why I would want that sleeveless jumper. You can’t wear it under a coat because of the way it’s stitched at the sides. It would probable drive me nuts to wear as it restricts your upper arm movement. Give me a « normal » sleeveless jumper any day of the week.
I agree, it’s like those one size garments would get on my nerves

one size must be in though, as I have a 17 year old relative small framed, whos clothes always look 5 times to big

Modelling a £9.99 xxxxl caravan this afternoon. Very similar to the xxxxxl caravans you would pay £50,000 for in a caravan garden centre. Though, I‘m not making a direct comparison of course.

IMG_2114.jpeg

Latest posts

Back