Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Guys!!!! This. is. bragging. rights!!!!!

What a sad.....sad way to live life.

Totally agree, i buy and wear stuff cause i like it, not to have bragging rights, if i wanted bragging rights then i certainly wouldn't be buying IW watches, you'd be going for higher end Swiss, German or Grand Seiko, Chinese watches just don't fit into the "bragging rights" criteria.

As i say, I don't know why he keeps saying bragging rights, nothing on IW is worth bragging about, they might be using old regurgetated Swiss brand names, but it's still Chinese watches from a Chinese watch company, even the tourbillon are just affordable Chinese versions and the Schild Swiss movement watches are just Miyota movements reassembled in Switzerland with a different rotor, same as Gevril did with the Rubens & Sons MD3G movement in their GV2 range of watches.

I sent a text saying I become disabled as a teenager, and found there selling techniques, of it being some fashion accessory and what people should be in ore off, bordering on being discriimatory and hurtful

Even though it wasnt read out, Id like to think whoever sees the messages mentions something
I'm not and 'old person' but in the last 5 years got arthritis in both knees. And while I'm not bound to using a stick, occasionally I do need to. I wouldn't be seen dead with that thing and if I fell over and couldn't get up the alarm would be useless. having said that, you can't beat the classic look of Raymond Burr as Perry Mason in the 80s and 90s episodes when he needed to use one. The man brought style to it. Unlike these people :rolleyes:

Attachments

• PerryMason.jpg
    PerryMason.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 25
I will have a bet that this version of the channel won‘t make 2024. In fact, it wouldn‘t make 08:24 if I had the choice, so appalling it is. I didn‘t see too much last night (it’s okay, I’ll get over it) but even Mason seemed fed up with what he is having to sell in the bit I did see. Were promises of better accommodation and things to sell made to him and others (although Simon would probably sell empty beans cans if asked) that are yet to materialise?

Totally agree, i buy and wear stuff cause i like it, not to have bragging rights, if i wanted bragging rights then i certainly wouldn't be buying IW watches, you'd be going for higher end Swiss, German or Grand Seiko, Chinese watches just don't fit into the "bragging rights" criteria.

As i say, I don't know why he keeps saying bragging rights, nothing on IW is worth bragging about, they might be using old regurgetated Swiss brand names, but it's still Chinese watches from a Chinese watch company, even the tourbillon are just affordable Chinese versions and the Schild Swiss movement watches are just Miyota movements reassembled in Switzerland with a different rotor, same as Gevril did with the Rubens & Sons MD3G movement in their GV2 range of watches.
If they have to tell you you can brag about it then it can't be obvious by looking at the product.

For example if they had a genuine Mulberry handbag I'm sure that a lot of women (and possibly men, I don't want to be sexist) would have heard of the brand and may know that they are mega expensive. You wouldn't need to emphasise it too much.

By having tat and just shouting out "bragging rights" suggests they are just trying to convince their possibly elderly or naive audience that this is top quality. Mikey 'Barra Boi' Mason is a master of this. Wear this watch in the pub and blokes will be impressed, wear this cologne and you'll be surrounded by women blah blah blah, we all know the routine.

You buy a decent watch to enjoy it for yourself. I am fortunate enough to own several what would be considered to be quality watches, and I don’t put them on to start waving my wrist around in pubs to have groups of fawning blokes coming over and patting me on the shoulder and thinking I’m wonderful because I’m wearing one. I also like to out put on a nice aftershave, but I don’t want to be like the St Bruno man (you need to be over 50 - well over 50 to get that one) and have a group of awestruck women in bikinis chasing after my in this case tobacco aroma - particularly not on a cold day in Beeston. I have seen absolutely nothing that this channel sells that I would ever want to brag about, let alone present to anybody.

If you are curious…

It's a good job not everyone's like me when it comes to buying stuff, otherwise the economy would be in even more trouble! I bought a pair of Fila trainers (cost £30-£40) around 5 years ago as a pair to use and abuse when going to Blackpool for the weekend. They're still going strong and are now my main pair as they're so light and comfy. I still think of them as being new!

I'm the same with my other items e.g. t-shirts, jeans, jackets etc. I buy from places like Matalan which I know can sometimes be slightly contentious (ethically) however I then wear the items for years, and when I say years I mean years!

As others have touched on, you can also go down the route of buying items that are of genuine quality. Yes they might cost more, but you know if taken care of you'll get years if not decades out of them. I did this when buying a heavier winter coat, cost me more than my usual buying price range (I think £150-ish) however 15 years later it's still going strong and likely will for another decade.

To see them all struggling to sell this tat is quite eye opening,it’s obvious some of them have the attention span of a goldfish,they can’t handle talking for one hour or sometimes hours on the same product.
Mason looks as someone noted decidedly cheesed off already,Pedro just a rambling mess,how he is still on air is beyond belief.
Foghorn let’s just say the designer clothing and shoes with no label is laughable,let’s hope the toilet rolls she sold in lockdown were branded.
What a mess but tjc it’s your own fault 💩

You buy a decent watch to enjoy it for yourself. I am fortunate enough to own several what would be considered to be quality watches, and I don’t put them on to start waving my wrist around in pubs to have groups of fawning blokes coming over and patting me on the shoulder and thinking I’m wonderful because I’m wearing one. I also like to out put on a nice aftershave, but I don’t want to be like the St Bruno man (you need to be over 50 - well over 50 to get that one) and have a group of awestruck women in bikinis chasing after my in this case tobacco aroma - particularly not on a cold day in Beeston. I have seen absolutely nothing that this channel sells that I would ever want to brag about, let alone present to anybody.

If you are curious…

My husband also owns "decent" watches, but keeps them covered over with long sleeves, as you hear so much about them being stolen from the wearer's arms. He certainly doesn't draw attention to them.

It's a good job not everyone's like me when it comes to buying stuff, otherwise the economy would be in even more trouble! I bought a pair of Fila trainers (cost £30-£40) around 5 years ago as a pair to use and abuse when going to Blackpool for the weekend. They're still going strong and are now my main pair as they're so light and comfy. I still think of them as being new!

I'm the same with my other items e.g. t-shirts, jeans, jackets etc. I buy from places like Matalan which I know can sometimes be slightly contentious (ethically) however I then wear the items for years, and when I say years I mean years!

As others have touched on, you can also go down the route of buying items that are of genuine quality. Yes they might cost more, but you know if taken care of you'll get years if not decades out of them. I did this when buying a heavier winter coat, cost me more than my usual buying price range (I think £150-ish) however 15 years later it's still going strong and likely will for another decade.

My work wear for years was from ASDA, their dress trousers were £6 and dress shirts were pack of 3 for £9, was just perfect, looked tidy enough and lasted well considering the price.

Most of my Jackets are Ragatta, £25 Dover Jackets, but have a couple from Danish brand "Nimbus", bit dearer but better for winter, also have loads of pockets.

To see them all struggling to sell this tat is quite eye opening,it’s obvious some of them have the attention span of a goldfish,they can’t handle talking for one hour or sometimes hours on the same product.
Mason looks as someone noted decidedly cheesed off already,Pedro just a rambling mess,how he is still on air is beyond belief.
Foghorn let’s just say the designer clothing and shoes with no label is laughable,let’s hope the toilet rolls she sold in lockdown were branded.
What a mess but tjc it’s your own fault 💩
Glad you noticed that too. I felt it distinctly last night in the few minutes I saw. If there’s one thing I’ve noticed about Mason over the years on previous versions of the channel, it‘s the pleasure he gets from presenting to viewers decent, well-known brands. Being constantly given these cheap, unknown products to sell, and being in a tiny studio with no resources to demonstrate effectively is clearly pissing him off from what I can see at times.

If I walked into a shop and she was there working, grinning at me, talking about her wretched relatives constantly, I‘d walk out. I have never heard anybody so full of shyte on this sort of TV. Makes Peter Simon look like Robin Day. Do they not realise how annoying she is? Perhaps they think being a tit is actually an attractive and appealing way of selling that she constantly demonstrates? And where does she come out with these exact price comparisons she uses? This would be £39.99 in a toy shop, she drones. How is this allowed? My little boy….My little boy..

I claim bragging rights I bought a coat from M&S in a sale over 20 years ago on a Xmas trip to London so twas a megga large store coat still looks like new though I confess I probably only wear it about 3 times a year 😂
im also a matalan shopper 😊

If I walked into a shop and she was there working, grinning at me, talking about her wretched relatives constantly, I‘d walk out. I have never heard anybody so full of shyte on this sort of TV. Makes Peter Simon look like Robin Day. Do they not realise how annoying she is? Perhaps they think being a tit is actually an attractive and appealing way of selling that she constantly demonstrates? And where does she come out with these exact price comparisons she uses? This would be £39.99 in a toy shop, she drones. How is this allowed? My little boy….My little boy..
I remember when Ideal World used to actually do price comparisons, they'd have a graphic made and the date and time the comparison was made. Now it seems they just pull them out of their arse

Latest posts

Back