Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You can get things so much cheaper, without the unwanted bling factor

Must admit I paid over £20.00 for a 3in1 cable but is a fast charging one, Him saying each of those adaptors is worth £10 bullshit

Yeah; if these were fast charging… He'd be crowing about it. Since he isn't, we're talking bog standard cables.

£10 for a standard 3-in-1 cable is… 2x the price of a known branded one.

Plus, splitting a slow charge cable (it's USB-A on the power-source end and that can only draw a maximum of 12W, versus USB-C's 240W) between 3 devices is gonna make that slow charging even sloooower.

Tbh, I don't really look at my phone when it's charging so I don't think paying a premium for a bit of glitter and mock-metal plastic coating is worth it.

But for those who value style over substance, crack on - go send the phones into meltdown!

Last edited:
I turned off when I saw it I thought I’d learn more from Big Brother

What are the connectors, USBC, USB, and Micro USB

On the device ends: lightning (doesn't say if it's certified though), microUSB, and basic USB-C (there are different specs but he hasn't mentioned any of their features so 💁🏻‍♂️).

On the bit-you-plug-into-a-power-source: USB-A (the one most people think of as 'USB').

Their business model is at the least, odd. This maybe temporary due to future relocation, their profits margins are so small with selling such low priced items.
But if they have bought the products very cheaply, and in bulk all they have to do is markup for some profit and aim to sell as much as possible.

Which will be why we see so many of these items on air over and over again.

Just hopped on the YT feed and Sally's flogging clothes and boots. She picked up one of the boots and yelped 'these are veeeery similar to that well known brand who charge £150 for theirs!'

She then peers into the boot, pauses, and says this:

'There's nothing in there to indicate the brand. So, could these maybe be from that well known brand (smirk to camera) who knows ...'

Really? Really?!? Ok, we all know some manufacturing houses 'do' make products for different brands and there are scenarios where the same product will go out with different brand logos on possibly for sale at different retail prices. However, are we really to believe the boots IW is flogging for £29.99 are exactly the same ones the known brand flogs for £150?

Possible I suppose, however to say I have my doubts is emmm an understatement.

On the device ends: lightning (doesn't say if it's certified though), microUSB, and basic USB-C
Very unlikely to be certified. It costs (allegedly) $4 per cable for that and they would be shouting about it on the box!
Also lightning is now being phased out as new iPhones, iPads and headphones all come with USB-C. So this cable will be old hat very quickly indeed.

Just hopped on the YT feed and Sally's flogging clothes and boots. She picked up one of the boots and yelped 'these are veeeery similar to that well known brand who charge £150 for theirs!'

She then peers into the boot, pauses, and says this:

'There's nothing in there to indicate the brand. So, could these maybe be from that well known brand (smirk to camera) who knows ...'

Really? Really?!? Ok, we all know some manufacturing houses 'do' make products for different brands and there are scenarios where the same product will go out with different brand logos on possibly for sale at different retail prices. However, are we really to believe the boots IW is flogging for £29.99 are exactly the same ones the known brand flogs for £150?

Possible I suppose, however to say I have my doubts is emmm an understatement.
Somehow I suspect that if you're a fan of big name sheepskin boots, you're going to be able to tell the difference between them and a much cheaper lookey-likey pair. No matter what Foghorn Leghorn says

I did order a long coat last night, It looked like I could wear it sat in my wheelchair when going out and it not riding up

The designer boots was total bullshit, She was saying in a roundabout way, Madonna would wear them, that was the Celeb she was hinting at, also saying this designer you would normally pay around £100 for, really

The IW 'tech' offerings.

I saw higher tech stuff in the 1970s!

Last night I saw Foghorn Sally (she of a thousand accents) selling a kids piano. I wonder if it will be the future heirloom she predicted?

Latest posts

Back