Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Please forgive me, for I have sinned. I've just bought something! The hat and scarf set. If it's no good, it will do for the guy on November 5th.
I ordered the GX Pillows the other week, they kinda help

I was very tempted to text in 'We don't do duvets!!!!' the Trevor and Simon sketch from Live and Kicking
peter Simon would have worked with them two

I ordered the GX Pillows the other week, they kinda help
I felt I needed both though, so this you will only need one could be BS

Please forgive me, for I have sinned. I've just bought something! The hat and scarf set. If it's no good, it will do for the guy on November 5th.
All jokes aside, although I've literally never bought anything off selly telly, I wouldn't knock folk that do buy. If you see something you like, at a decent price (to you) and can hopefully see through the sales patter then why not.

All jokes aside, although I've literally never bought anything off selly telly, I wouldn't knock folk that do buy. If you see something you like, at a decent price (to you) and can hopefully see through the sales patter then why not.
It was only 9.99, that's fine. I did used to buy the compost from previous IW, a really great product.

I asked a few months back if/what people had bought from selly telly and no-one replied so I don't think you're alone 😂

From IW I bought:

- Blue Magic (terrible)
- Williams Waterless Wash & Wax (brilliant)
- NutriBullet (great until the blades blunt, which happens quickly)
- NutriNinja (never used it tbh, bought because of above)
- Vax Blade 32v cordless vac (great price and IW never sold the model again)
- Dormeo mattress (lovely until 1 week after the 1 year warranty expired, then it lost all structure)

From TJC:

- Battery powered desktop water fountain (sounds like a malfunctioning fridge in use)

And I won a Pull n' Chop from the big brand of Piranha[citation needed] from Shop Extra and it's ok, but I'd never in a million years have paid for one.

What I from Ideal World and QVC? :-

A Doug Rocked Her Machine
A JFK Assassination Vehicle Minichamps car
A Karcher Pressure Washer
A Ronco Buttoneer
A Maypole Beer Stein
A Ninja Air Fryer
A Spacehopper Repair Kit
A Vostok Lunocod 2
Some American Something or Other Hoodie Mason was wearing (not the actual one)
A Lenovo Tablet
Two Hotel Chocolat Box Sets that went white with lack of interest..
Some Chunk of Neasden Pasties.
And some other bits I can't remember.

There certainly are and have been some very decent deals on shopping television. That is if you are prepared to do your research price comparisons and are watching at the right time.

I think I have got some really good bargains over the years and some not so. With this latest version of the channel, though, I don’t think a bargain is going to come a calling in the near future from what I’ve seen so far. It’s in the main been low rent, completely uninspiring products at very average pricing. Stuff you wouldn‘t stop to rummage through at any self-respecting car boot sale.

Those Karcher Pressure Washers were always good value, every time Derek Belcher would say, how this lot are so cheap was, A Store, Decided they didn’t want the order, so I got em on the cheap

A great way to get virtually all of the products the pre-TJC IW sold was through their eBay outlet. I never got anything from it but I was tempted as the price differences was substantial compared to the ones on air.

The Vibrapower - I never bought one, for the record 😂 – had a supposed very high RRP and Ideal World would sell it on air as "an amazing price" of £99 plus £10 p&p. Buuuuuut if you went on to their eBay outlet store you could buy one (in any colour you liked, complete with mat, DVD and poster) for ~£40 with free p&p.

Not that you'd want to; the reviews for those vibrating plates are horrendous (and all of the supposed health claims IW made - "just put on leg on it for 3 minutes every other day and watch the pounds melt away" were bunk. The only pounds you'd lose buying a Vibrapower were pounds sterling).

confession time
most of the things I bought were during Steve whaters time from his crazy Christmas sales still got them all and still in great condition.
more recently I bought the green works lawnmower and have to own up to being a bengaline owner.
i bought my air fryer after seeing it demode on ideal world but bought it direct from the retailer.

William Hunt Timepieces. I don’t know what it is about anything ending in Hunt, surnames wise, but it always gets me prepared for a Carry On type gag to follow. I couldn’t wear a watch called Hunt for that very reason. It fascinates me how people like this Emma woman speak in flowery rhetoric about some 80 quid watch like it is a great work of supreme quality of time piecednessness. And why some tenuous connection with a London street or defunct old shop automatically suggests horological heritage and quality, I don’t know. Wimpy had a large branch on Oxford Street but I wouldn’t aspire to own a Wimpy watch. Nor would I crave a watch brand with a link to a tailors - wherever the street it was in. Equally, I wouldn’t want a Seiko suit or a pair of Timex trousers.

I asked a few months back if/what people had bought from selly telly and no-one replied so I don't think you're alone 😂

From IW I bought:

- Blue Magic (terrible)
- Williams Waterless Wash & Wax (brilliant)
- NutriBullet (great until the blades blunt, which happens quickly)
- NutriNinja (never used it tbh, bought because of above)
- Vax Blade 32v cordless vac (great price and IW never sold the model again)
- Dormeo mattress (lovely until 1 week after the 1 year warranty expired, then it lost all structure)

From TJC:

- Battery powered desktop water fountain (sounds like a malfunctioning fridge in use)

And I won a Pull n' Chop from the big brand of Piranha[citation needed] from Shop Extra and it's ok, but I'd never in a million years have paid for one.
Lol, I'm picturing you getting into bed 53 weeks after buying the mattress and it literally collapsing to nothing under you :)

As for the water fountain thingy, each to their own but I thought they looked a bit on the cheap side tbh. Nice and relaxing though to have a fridge sound on your desk :)

Latest posts

Back