Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That notebook before It came on air, for the first time, Mike said you could expect to pay £50

It's true. I was in WHSmith's a few weeks back and, in the stationary section, I saw a couple harassing staff to bring out the "quality notebooks that cost £50" as they just weren't prepared to pay £3.99…

I genuinely don't get it? Why would you want to buy five different sizes of one particular coat, and with absolutely no incentive of a price discount if you did? Who sets these prices? Jack Benny?
Duke you wouldn’t Maybe if they done a deal. Where you could pick a second colour of your choice, in your size and a discount, then maybe yeah,

I'm genuinely convinced they think their viewers are thick (as i highlighted in post #23,523), too stupid to remember what was said in previous shows. It's the only answer i can come up with for the constant contradiction and patently wrong "stock speils" and general bullshit they spout on a daily basis.
I wonder if their analysis/stats of viewer activity tells them the majority of viewers at any given time are new viewers? I doubt they do any sort of analysis that in-depth, however for anyone (with any sense) that watches these channels even just on a semi-regular basis or dipping in now and again, the trend of constant bullsh1t must surely be clear and obvious?

I'll give you an example. Years back when I first got cable tv (after just having the 5 main channels) I eagerly went through the channels. I can remember seeing the selly telly ones and can also remember (ok not the specifics!) the first time I saw a presenter pause, look perplexed and say to the folk behind the camera:

'Wait, is that price right? I think we're giving this away at cost!'

I thought 'Oh exciting, a pricing mistake and a chance for viewers to grab a bargain!'

However after I saw it happen a second and third time I quickly concluded 'Ah, sales tactic!'

So I agree with you Hammy. They want viewers to watch on a regular basis, so given they repeat all these underhand tactics on an hourly basis, you have to conclude they think their viewers are thick and/or they're treating them with contempt.

I genuinely don't get it? Why would you want to buy five different sizes of one particular coat, and with absolutely no incentive of a price discount if you did? Who sets these prices? Jack Benny?
Me for one. I'm a member of the 'play Russian dolls with your own clothing' society. I put on a size XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL of a garment and take them off layer by layer.

We were established in 1986 and have grown to a global membership of 27 like-minded people.

Love these mid-1970s, Bertie Basset carpet coats on today…

IMG_1993.jpeg

apparently they have the shiny leggings coming up later. They too were on TJC at six this morning.
wonder if they are comparing sales figues?

Maybe trying to clear warehouse space at TJC's warehouse for the future products they'll sell when the new studios are ready, need loads of room for Rattan, Ceramic heaters, Air Fryers, Treadmills, etc. ;)

Zhuzh Time, It annoys me they don’t go through the history of the product. The product would t even exist If it wasn’t for Whatters
I know he died under unhappy circumstances but it would be nice to do a little video package highlighting the history. I'm sure they could use archive footage of him talking about it. But perhaps his family might object. Something tastefully done would be nice.

I wonder if their analysis/stats of viewer activity tells them the majority of viewers at any given time are new viewers? I doubt they do any sort of analysis that in-depth, however for anyone (with any sense) that watches these channels even just on a semi-regular basis or dipping in now and again, the trend of constant bullsh1t must surely be clear and obvious?

I'll give you an example. Years back when I first got cable tv (after just having the 5 main channels) I eagerly went through the channels. I can remember seeing the selly telly ones and can also remember (ok not the specifics!) the first time I saw a presenter pause, look perplexed and say to the folk behind the camera:

'Wait, is that price right? I think we're giving this away at cost!'

I thought 'Oh exciting, a pricing mistake and a chance for viewers to grab a bargain!'

However after I saw it happen a second and third time I quickly concluded 'Ah, sales tactic!'

So I agree with you Hammy. They want viewers to watch on a regular basis, so given they repeat all these underhand tactics on an hourly basis, you have to conclude they think their viewers are thick and/or they're treating them with contempt.

Just 4 channels when we got ours (Aberdeen Cable, Then became Atlantic Telecom), back in 85, when sky was just a channel with Pat Sharp etc. Unfortunately they tried to expand to fast, buying a German telecoms company and ended up going burst. As Atlantic Telecom had the Aberdeen area sewn up, Virgin Cable never came up here stopped at Dundee, so everybody had to switch to Sky.

You take the hint from the Irish woman’s veiled replies to unread out texts that a lot of her ‘long-term ladies‘ (other genders are available) are not too happy with the fashion extravaganzas of late. She said she’ll speak with their buyers (Stevie Wonder and Andrea Bocelli) and pass on their comments - perhaps along the lines of getting some ‘slightly’ more fashionable fashion items on future fashion.. turn to the left…fashion...turn to the right (I still can’t find any) parades...

Glad to see Hammy is online, been thinking of them in the bad weather

My area is ok, seen a lot worse before, windy and rainy, the rivers are overflowing but not causing any flooding, but the worst areas are just South of here, the smaller coastal towns getting a battering from the North Sea and lower lying towns inland were flooding is the issue. Although the winds have been really strong it's the amount of rain, locally and up in the cairngorms (which feed the rivers in the North East), which has been the main problem, and causing a lot of flooding in the Angus area.

Yesterday looks to be as the storm was starting, as i say breezy and rainy but no flooding like the Angus/South Aberdeenshire area, will be down at the beach tomorrow or Sunday for a walk as usual.

I remember my grandfather got Sky before my parents, it was right at the beginning, Think a newspaper were doing a free Sky box, with a subscription, with so many tokens etc
I’m so old, Jazzy, I remember Redifusion being replaced by Thames and playing my mum’s 16 rpm Linguaphone records at 78 rpm and getting things thrown at me for doing so.

Latest posts

Back