Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I completely see the sense in doing repeat shows even in prime time (but again why keep mentioning it is the morning like last night just looks amateur hour)

But why have the Rattan repeat show at 8pm then Rattan live at 10pm on the same evening

Beyond madness

I think there are 14 reviews on the buying experience for that furniture, and four of them are one star because the customer hasn't received the goods, or around that level. Absolutely fills you with confidence (not) about spending such a sum with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having ordered from them probably in the region of 10 times in the last 10 years. I can say that when everything goes okay, it's a decent shopping experience. You can't dispute that their prices are excellent in general terms, and there are real savings to be made on some high profile, big name goods at times. But from direct experience, when it goes wrong, boy does it go wrong. Their customer support in that context is very poor. Things like lack of responses to emails, or at best, delayed. Not being able to properly check your account and action matters like order cancellations online. And with their somewhat draconian returns policy, that makes life very difficult when you are not happy with the goods. Long delays with refunds also seem to be an issue with them if you look at customer feedback on the well known review sites. I always think making an order with them is a gamble and the gamble is - will I get the goods or not this time?

I am probably at similar numbers in terms of orders over that period Duke. Only ever had one issue which took weeks to be resolved and eventually got solved by sheer persistence on my part and having some knowledge of consumer law.

That experience alone has put me off really, things go wrong with all companies but the test is how they deal with you when they do.

But equally, if you're not careful, you can fall into the trap of thinking everything they sell is much cheaper than elsewhere. Just tuned in to see them selling a Monopoly Friends edition for £14.99, which presumably has £4.99 postage and packing in addition. £11.90 on Amazon with no delivery charge if you are a Prime customer!! Significantly cheaper than Exemplar Planet!!

Good Evening, Mike.. Well, Good Evening to you, Michael..Mike? Yes, Mike. Michael..let me run this scenario by you..Yes, Mike? Well..Michael..Steaming Summer is nearly upon us, but it is stuck in a virtual bottle of freezing cold winterness.. Wow..You explain things so well, Mike. Thank you, Michael - I know I do.. And Michael.. we have, for sale, this evening..a wondrous air conditioning unit..But..Mike..you said we are stuck in a virtual bottle of freezing cold winterynessiness..I did, Michael, but melting the glass of that virtual bottle is the boiling and strength sapping misery of kill us all Steaming Summer..Bear with me, Michael..Yes, Mike. Hence…with this air conditioning unit, you can have it turn a deathly cold winter ice ridden hovel of a room in freezing cold winterness into a boiling hot broom cupboard of a council flat. And then back into a deathly cold winter ice ridden hovel of a room…WIN WIN, Michael…WIN WIN….HOW MANY LEFT, TARQUINIOUS?? HAHRR MANY? 20000???? Leave Off…

More surreal TV. People don’t understand why the only channel I watch is Ideal World. But believe me, it is the funniest thing on television by far. We now have a tattooed Mr. Bean character telling us about easy screwing with pick the wrong host for the wrong show, Betty Boop, standing there using up all the air in her head and breathing out large amounts of helium..Bosch!!

The price is good tbf only Wickes matches it from what google tells me (I don't trust ebay in that anymore as they have started including overseas sellers fwiw)

But in a straight shootout you are diverting to Wickes everytime

The Rattan gets a mention as is by Ideal World Law.....

Do you think we will get the under £500 mark soon?

Rob "loves playing with his tool" Hayley shrieks

make up your own jokes kids

I mean… I know we have to be politically correct these days and have men selling dresses and women selling bows and arrows, but come on…Mason knows about DIY and could have added something to the programme. I appreciate that there are women who do know about DIY and many who know more about the subject than men, and of course, men who know more about dresses than women, but not in this DIY case, on this particular show.

I mean… I know we have to be politically correct these days and have men selling dresses and women selling bows and arrows, but come on…Mason knows about DIY and could have added something to the programme. I appreciate that there are women who do know about DIY and many who know more than men, and men who know more about dresses than men, but not in this DIY case, on the particular show.
It does seem a strange choice

I haven't seen this chap before but he seems pretty good will probably have a future longer in this game than Ideal World if he wants one

"Thats fantastic I love that"

Ok then

She struggles to say DIY, let alone do any. Agreed on this new chap - he does seem to have something about him. If we could just do a little bit less of the Carry On Screwing routine it would be a good show on his part..er…

He is now doing the presenting and the demos it appears where has Hayley gone?

silence then a pre-record of these bleeding shelves hahahahahaha

I didn’t see that bit. Maybe she walked out? Clearly out of her depth and apart from saying ‘We All Lead Busy Lives’ she had nothing else whatsoever to contribute.

The guest presumably doesn't have a live gallery feed as he just appeared to keep going because he had to then stopped when he had finished his demo

Then it just went quiet and they played this worst demo ever (why use this footage?!) with no intro

This really is the pits which makes it quite watchable

Latest posts

Back