QVC Rip-off Mince Pies for £18(£24 with p&p)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Alert, alert!

Apparently there is a shortage of Marmite in Tesco stores because of a price dispute, so stock up now. Also pot noodles if that is anyone's food of choice!

Marzipan yes, marmite no. Not a panic I need to worry about... but I bet there's something I'll be lamenting.

Is this a genuine issue or could it be classed as a "Brexcuse"?

My experience with Aldi is '------alike' is better than the original.I am also trying their new skincare products, thought I might as well try as the price per item is little more than the QVC p&p costs.The lady on the till told me they are made by a famous French skincare brand ( not one on QVC) whether that is true or not?

My experience with Aldi is '------alike' is better than the original.I am also trying their new skincare products, thought I might as well try as the price per item is little more than the QVC p&p costs.The lady on the till told me they are made by a famous French skincare brand ( not one on QVC) whether that is true or not?

Yes I couldn't agree more, Aldi have won loads of awards for their own brands and let's face it they must get made somewhere. There was a test tàken out and stated that their skincare was better than expensive brands. But people will always fall for the QVC hype, shame really.

If anyone likes pot noodles(brand ones) they have them in B&M.

I used to love Pot Noodle back in 70s and 80s when they used to have flavour and the noodles went soft. They used to do Pot Rice too (a long time ago) curry flavour with raisins and it was absolutely gorgeous, but when they got bought out, they stopped making them. Oh I used to love Golden Wonder PNs, GW do them now too but not the same.

I agree. I've never had a bad Aldi product. Their cereals are great. I'm also using the new Cuvee products. Loved the Caviar range and this new range is brilliant.

You can all take a deep breath - the dispute has been resolved but quite what the price hike will be is anyone's guess.

I remember years ago on holiday abroad at a really nice hotel a family came down to every meal and set a massive jar of
Marmite on the table.

You can all take a deep breath - the dispute has been resolved but quite what the price hike will be is anyone's guess.

I remember years ago on holiday abroad at a really nice hotel a family came down to every meal and set a massive jar of
Marmite on the table.

is this the brexit marmite issue

I agree. I've never had a bad Aldi product. Their cereals are great. I'm also using the new Cuvee products. Loved the Caviar range and this new range is brilliant.

I always find Aldi shops not very clean so rarely go in, I do like Lidl though and use quite a lot for top up shops. The one near me is quite large and modern and I do like their red wines oh! and they sell marmite

The trouble with starting looking at QVC at how it rips off customers is: where does it stop?

Every expensive beauty range is sold as tackling problems, or stopping them before they develop, yes? And they ARE expensive, because no guest ever says "Use this product in isolation", city & guilds accredited beauty expert Ali Young and co. want viewers to buy whole ranges.

But if these miraculous lotions and potions worked, why would the same beauty expert be shilling make up ranges to cover up the "flaws" and signs of ageing that the beauty potions and lotions claim to prevent, slow the development of, or fix?

But viewers don't question this; they merrily queue up to buy it all. Even if the guests and models seem to owe a great deal of gratitude to Bertie Botox, and the models already have a face full of slap before the beauty guests start demonstrating their products.

I always find Aldi shops not very clean so rarely go in, I do like Lidl though and use quite a lot for top up shops. The one near me is quite large and modern and I do like their red wines oh! and they sell marmite

Our Aldi is spotless. The cashires are usually Polish and don't talk so they speed the customers through really quickly without all that stupid chit chat. I really don't want conversations with check out staff as to how I am and what I'm doing for the rest of the day.

Latest posts

Back