QVC purchasing from a Husband's perspective

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who is to say it was HIS money she was spending? But even if it was surely, in a marriage, surely the phrase "what's your's is mine and what's mine is mine", shouldn't apply? My initial comment about it being a sexist vid was, somewhat, tongue in cheek. Had he voiced what you have said, I really would have felt it was truly sexist. I do agree, however, that if he is unhappy with the way in which/amount of money she is spending, he ought to man up and confront her, to preserve a harmonious relationship.

He said it! And if you're saying things tongue in cheek, please use a smiley or some form of communication to let us know, otherwise your posts are open to misinterpretation - by lynnonthelate and me in this thread, at least. I'm not sure what I said that implied he was sexist? Or have I missed something?

Thankfully Mr Crinkly would never dream of opening my post. Occasionally we order things for each other, but if I knew the parcel was FOR him, I would let him open it, whether it was addressed to me or not!

And how about whinging about your life partner on utube? How unpleasant is that? Sort out the problem, in private, to her face. Don't bitch behind her back on the internet.

What a sad little video.

And the items were listed on the outside so they were obviously for her.

I don't believe there was any malice intended in this video,his wife may have found it very funny,I would like to see her response on youtube.
Lynn :mysmilie_48:

I thought this utube video from a QVC USA customer (actually, her 'moaning' husband) was an interesting watch, so I thought I'd share. Im sure some viewers can relate, men, aswell as women!

That was one of the funniest things i,ve seen in a long time. First of all..it wasn't established who exactly is paying for this stuff.Is it him,or his wife?If its him,I'd say "JUST SAY NO"..to quote an old Grange Hill song.He cracked me up when he said "This expires in July 2014 ...so before she can use it,it will go in the trash"..or words to that effect.#
And "Primer? Are we painting a house here or what?" I was in stitches.

Finally..I wondered if his wife is ok with him opening her stuff to basically take the piss put of her and it.If he turns up on an American TV show called Divorce Court,I suppose we'll have an answer to that question.
Thanks for posting this.Very funny stuff.

To me this video was very tongue and cheek and was made for amusement , If the Hubby doesn't have the Balls to cut his wife's spending then he wouldn't have the Balls to post a video online about it , she was probably there with him holding the camera.

That was one of the funniest things i,ve seen in a long time. First of all..it wasn't established who exactly is paying for this stuff.Is it him,or his wife?If its him,I'd say "JUST SAY NO"..to quote an old Grange Hill song.He cracked me up when he said "This expires in July 2014 ...so before she can use it,it will go in the trash"..or words to that effect.#
And "Primer? Are we painting a house here or what?" I was in stitches.

Finally..I wondered if his wife is ok with him opening her stuff to basically take the piss put of her and it.If he turns up on an American TV show called Divorce Court,I suppose we'll have an answer to that question.
Thanks for posting this.Very funny stuff.

He has a few QVC 'unboxings' on his utube channel.

Depends who is paying the bills!As a single householder I don't have to worry about stashing away my purchases, but then again I have to meet all the bills.I have cut back on my Q spending recently but I can see how some people can be easily sucked in to internet buying and to a great degree.I have bought things online which I would never take the time to go & buy in a shop.

I was looking at a set of three Yankee large jars yesterday and the auto-delivery option. I wouldn't go out and spend £40 plus on candles in one go in a shop or buy a dozen large candles with unknown fragrances, so I can definitely identify with what you say. Like you I don't have anyone to answer to regarding my spending but obviously I have to pay for essentials before luxuries.

To me the guy in the video just sounded like the stereotypical husband who doesn't understand why his wife needs so much stuff regardless of whose money funded the purchase. His wife obviously knows he opens things so I guess she doesn't object that much. However if her purchasing is a real problem e.g. leaving them short of money or his intrusion by opening her post is an issue to her then they need to have a proper talk about it not just post videos on the internet.

i think it was for fun. he seems like he is talking tongue in cheek laughing at her purcheses. i liked the way he mentioned the mally on auto delivery. i have sent back a lot of these makeup kits as i find i may only use one or two items as i dont like the rest. now i just go to a good make-up counter and buy what i really want not pay £40 for a kit thats useless to me.

I didn't find the video sexist at all,I found it hilarious and something I can relate too as all of my of my purchases from Q have been mostly beauty,I can't wait to show it to my OH.
Lynn:mysmilie_48:

Have to agree I found it comical, and if my husband did that and says it keeps her happy her little treats, I would be quite happy with that. Incidentally I buy my own QVC haul, so it doesn't affect the family budget (just mine!)..lol

Funny how we all see things differently. When I watched it, it actually made me feel quite uncomfortable. Probably because it reminded me of when I was a bit addicted to buying things a few years ago and would receive a number of parcels each week and just hope my husband wasnt around to see them being delivered by the postman! This forum saved me and I now see the light!! LOL.

Loved his bewilderment about the make up and the ongoing costs , also. his assessment of Ms Mally, but I'd be proper passed off if my stuff had been opened by ANYONE before I got to it myself.

Latest posts

Back