• TSV 5.png
    TSV 5.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
SFIXX 2x Rechargeable Indoor/Outdoor Retractable Light Strands
Item Number: 739637
QVC Price £42.96
Todays Special Value Price £29.97
P&P £1.95

Illuminate any space with this set of two rechargeable indoor / outdoor retractable light strands from SFIXX. These portable and weather-resistant lamps are designed with a built-in COB torch, while the decorative light strands can be used to enhance the look and feel of your set-up, whether you're dining al fresco in the garden, camping on staycation or enjoying a cosy evening indoors. Plus, these lamps feature a built-in power bank, so you can charge your devices on the go! Versatile and stylish, these lamps will make a great addition.
Multiuse marvels - enjoy having two lamps, torches, string lights and power banks readily available with this amazing set. They'll be your go-to for bright light in the dark, and the string lights create a warm atmosphere, whether you hang them in your bedroom or use them to decorate your garden. When you need to power up your gadgets, the lamps act as power banks to help you stay connected.
Easy to install - use the included double-sided adhesive pads for quick and easy attachment to any smooth surface or opt for a more secure installation by screwing the metal wall plates into wood or hard surfaces with the provided screw and wall plugs. The lamps can also be used on a parasol or tent with the magnetic mounting plate, ensuring stable and reliable lighting.
Set the mood - choose from a variety of lighting modes to create the perfect vibe, including Multi-Coloured, Pulsating, Flashing or Classic White.
  • It's recommended to bring camping lamps inside in cold temperatures to prevent battery damage
  • IP rating: IP44
  • Charge time: 3.5 hours
  • Charge capacity: will charge an iPhone 15 from flat to 40% approximately
  • String light run time: 6 hours
  • String light length: 8.8m
  • XT-E rear light run time: 10 hours
  • XT-E lumen output: 250lm
  • Battery power: 7.4wH / 2000mAh
  • Weight: 504g
  • Lamp dimensions: 11cm x 11cm x 3.5cm (4.3" x 4.3" x 1.3")
What's in the box?
  • 2 x camping string lamps
  • 2 x USB-C charging cables
  • 2 x instruction leaflets
  • 2 x screws and wall plugs
  • 2 x metal wall plates
  • 2 x double-sided adhesive pads
All measurements are approximate

Of course, I just HAD to get these, being torches lol.

On first examination, they look extremely well made and good quality.

BUT the sfixx man TOM stressed time and time again that they were fully waterproof and could be left out in all weathers.

This is what the instructions say - - -

KEEP AWAY FROM DAMP OR WET AREAS

Also there is a strange anomaly: You can have the main light on without the string lights, but not the other way around.

In practice, it would be far more desirable to have the string lights on without the very bright circular light distracting from them, they would look a lot better in the dark.

I caught some of the TSV and Tom had apparently kept one of the light strands in a tank of water for hours and it still worked, so either the enclosed instructions are incorrect or the strand of lights wasn’t submerged for hours.

There’s only one way to test which one is correct. 😉

I caught some of the TSV and Tom had apparently kept one of the light strands in a tank of water for hours and it still worked, so either the enclosed instructions are incorrect or the strand of lights wasn’t submerged for hours.

There’s only one way to test which one is correct. 😉
If you look closely, he always kept the circular bit OUT of the water, so more disinformation in the demo.

Having examined it, there is no way the circular bit is waterproof!

In fact, the QVC desciption says IP44, which means - - -

IP44 is a rating that indicates moderate protection against solid objects and water. The first digit "4" indicates that the fixture is protected against solid objects larger than 1mm, such as wires and screws. The second digit "4" indicates that the fixture is protected against water splashing from any direction.

IP44 is an important rating for devices and fixtures used in outdoor and wet environments. A rating of IP44 provides a moderate level of protection against solids and water, making it suitable for use in environments with occasional splashing or exposure to moisture, such as in bathrooms or outdoor areas.

So basically, it is SPLASHPROOF against OCCASIONAL splashing

Last edited:

BUT the sfixx man TOM stressed time and time again that they were fully waterproof and could be left out in all weathers.

Also there is a strange anomaly: You can have the main light on without the string lights, but not the other way around.

In practice, it would be far more desirable to have the string lights on without the very bright circular light distracting from them, they would look a lot better in the dark.
You expected him to have researched the product? You are totally unreasonable!!! :giggle:

I am now thinking of returning them, I had planned to fix them permanently outdoors "in all weathers" as the demo said.

He always implies that it was him personally who designed and made them. I think he said it took him all year to design this one.
Blame the vibes coming through the airwaves from IW (aka 'the Pete effect') - defined as (a) an inability to know your product/research your product and be able to give viewers accurate info. and (b) a proven ability to spout loads of BS.

If he reckons it took him a year to design the product, then you'd expect him to know whether they were waterproof or not...hang on, now I'm being totally unreasonable 😏

They don't have to post return labels. They emailed one to me and I just printed it out and stuck it on. All this posting by snail mail is a nonsense.

CC

They don't have to post return labels. They emailed one to me and I just printed it out and stuck it on. All this posting by snail mail is a nonsense.

CC
They would have done this for me, but I now have 4 non-working ink-jet printers, as the ink has dried out in the heads. So sending a label by post is a godsend to me. BTW the same thing has happened to OH's printer too.

PS I've also got a stock of inks for them, which I can't use :(

And I don't want to buy yet another printer for the same thing to happen.

Latest posts

Back