QVC buyers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
I see on the website a group photo of the Q buyers (in this case homeware but who knows what else).

Well as we suspected only one of them looks old enough to be out of short trousers.

Are the present offerings what they truly think we, the customers (their pay packet ), want to buy?

Where on the website, I want to see a pic of the tiny tots (yeah, that's an 'o'! lol) responsible for bringing us all these marvellous 'must haves'?

:mysmilie_506:

Where on the website, I want to see a pic of the tiny tots (yeah, that's an 'o'! lol) responsible for bringing us all these marvellous 'must haves'?

:mysmilie_506:

There you go image.jpg

Ah it explains quite a lot. They trawl school playgrounds waving bits of paper asking, "Do you like drawing?" Three year old says, "Yes" Next thing they have them in contract at 15/16 to QVC. This also explains the fashion( I do use the word loosely for QVC) thinks hard, what would a grown up wear? The teens then look through old catalogues to pick clothes they think their granny might look nice in.:mysmilie_17:

The " fashion "seems to sell though which is a mystery to me. Having said that recent TSVs and fashion generally have been getting worse with fewer sales/sell outs .

Well I'm getting up into the granny area and I wouldn't wear most of what Q sells.In my opinion most of it would make me look even older/ridiculous.

Yes I think it is hard to sell fashion on the telly as we are all so different, but I think we are more progressive than the kindergarten lot think. Much to my surprise I find myself in the target group (perhaps? Not exactly sure what it is, but am nearing 50). I go to the gym 3 times a week and lift weights. I run and swim. I also like weaving and knitting. Love my jeans. Still feel like a young thing on the inside and don't want to dress like an old lady on the outside!

These so called buyers that are supposed to be tuned in to the needs of the QVC customer brought us a £43 hula hoop. Nothing further needs saying..

YTP?

I googled this and got youtubepoop. Did you mean that?

No! Back in the day it was a government scheme which took young people off the street into jobs which they didn't want, government paid said employers a grant. No one was actually interested in the job they were given and as soon as scheme finished off like a flash. From memory it was Youth Training Programme (feel free to correct) and a YTP'er became a derogatory term for someone who was as much use as a chocolate fire guard

Still feel like a young thing on the inside and don't want to dress like an old lady on the outside!

But what does an old lady dress like? I had a friend who was 70 and one of the most stylish ladies I knew. I think a lot of over 60's nowadays do not want to be lumped together as past it in the fashion stakes and the 'designers' out there are missing a trick by not really catering for us, unless you have pots of money.

Latest posts

Back