Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Erika’s back on today to review the Ecoegg food discs. She’s not used them yet so no doubt an update is imminent. 😉
Wouldn’t you wait until you have tried something and then report rather that ‘ I have just got this’ and then the apprehension, the wait for the follow up? Madness or the need to have more to do in life.

Wouldn’t you wait until you have tried something and then report rather that ‘ I have just got this’ and then the apprehension, the wait for the follow up? Madness or the need to have more to do in life.
Most of the time I look at these reviews and think "why would you?!" So she's bought some "food discs" what's it to her if someone else decides to buy some, and what's in it for her? - absolutely nothing. It's another sale for Q. I can only conclude that they're so desperate to keep their beloved Q open they see it as doing their bit to keep them afloat. They may as well take to the streets ringing a bell and wearing a sandwich board saying "shop with Qvc" - It would be cheaper! If it isn't that then they must be looking for compliments, praise, and approval. " Thanks so much, I just bought the food saver and my courgettes have never been perkier"!

Is selly telly dying just seen Katy Pullinger imploring the shopaholics,to upload a video (meaning buy more stuff)until 28th Feb for a competition.
Of course the usual shoutouts including cardboard Richard,it’s just cynical in my opinion and KP should hang her head in shame for encouraging them.

Is selly telly dying just seen Katy Pullinger imploring the shopaholics,to upload a video (meaning buy more stuff)until 28th Feb for a competition.
Of course the usual shoutouts including cardboard Richard,it’s just cynical in my opinion and KP should hang her head in shame for encouraging them.
I agree but, I think her strings are being pulled from above, though I'd imagine she probably is being given some kind of incentive for her "trouble! unlike all the suckers who'll be buying everything in sight for the chance to win a dubious looking skincare device.
Hyacinth's made me giggle tonight. She's showing off a pair of brow and lash serums they're £34 each & p&p and she said "If you're really savvy you can get the pair for about 60 something pounds" they're listed under a different item number - Babe, they're 60 odd quid anyway! though I'm guessing she's taking p&p into account, and she'd have paid over £70! However imo, if you're really savvy, you wouldn't buy them at all!

Last edited:
Tell me please that there isn’t going to be an award for the ’star’ Qurio reviewer?! They are truly awful, if they were in any position where they verbally/ visually presented to any other human being within seconds it would be ‘cut, next’.Not that we expect TV style but they obviously do no preparation, notes of basic points etc. drawling on, cutting boxes open like a clip from ‘Psycho’.Whatever Q had in mind it was far from this.

I agree but, I think her strings are being pulled from above, though I'd imagine she probably is being given some kind of incentive for her "trouble! unlike all the suckers who'll be buying everything in sight for the chance to win a dubious looking skincare device.
Hyacinth's made me giggle tonight. She's showing off a pair of brow and lash serums they're £34 each & p&p and she said "If you're really savvy you can get the pair for about 60 something pounds" they're listed under a different item number - Babe, they're 60 odd quid anyway! though I'm guessing she's taking p&p into account, and she'd have paid over £70! However imo, if you're really savvy, you wouldn't buy them at all!
Which one is H?

Someone just commented to Katy pullinger why she hasn’t addressed the complaints from a couple of qurio ladies 😂

Someone just commented to Katy pullinger why she hasn’t addressed the complaints from a couple of qurio ladies 😂
Ooh what's she gonna do? Ignore it and she'll look bad (worse). In the words of the "pop up" community host, she'll say sorry to hear people are disappointed and that c/s are always here to help, and maybe she'll add a kissy kiss kiss to make it look authentic!

Well, Katy telling the Qurio lot that they could win a prize, if they post videos during the next couple of weeks, is likely to start a flurry of reviews. Hollydolly has already posted four reviews since Katy’s post. Unfortunately there are actually only two of them but she’s posted each of them twice. 🙄 I guess she hopes there’s more chance of winning if there are more reviews with her name on them, unless there’s a technical issue with Qurio which is quite likely if the QVC website is anything to go by.

I read the Qurio posts for amusement, but I certainly think it encourages people to buy items just for a brief appearance “on screen,” which is not ideal.

Erika's latest veedio is quite funny. She's with her MIL again demonstrating a couple of "magic wallets". MIL has got hers stuffed with £20 notes, and is flapping it back and forward showing us the "magic", then she reaches onto the "money shelf" and grabs another note. After a lot of flapping, she pops the wad back into her purse, then grabs the magic wallet she's just bought inside another purse that looks as though it's never been used! What ****** weird behaviour!!!

Are you really surprised at the strange behaviour,this is shopaholics for everyone to see,it’s not a secret anymore it’s a badge of honour for these Qurio addicts.
There's shopaholics and there's shopaholics. There's the designer junkie, and there's the ones that insist on buying only branded products. The designer lot are into status symbols and are out to impress, it's not me, but I kinda get it. With the brand addicts, it's mainly about trust, and because it's branded then rightly or wrongly they'll presume it's better. Then there's the Qurio addict, who will buy any old ****, junk, toot, rubbish, you name it they'll buy it, and then film the ****** stuff - I'll never get my head around that. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that all the stuff Q sell is crap, it most certainly isn't but most of the good stuff can be bought a lot cheaper elsewhere and it doesn't take long to find it!

There's shopaholics and there's shopaholics. There's the designer junkie, and there's the ones that insist on buying only branded products. The designer lot are into status symbols and are out to impress, it's not me, but I kinda get it. With the brand addicts, it's mainly about trust, and because it's branded then rightly or wrongly they'll presume it's better. Then there's the Qurio addict, who will buy any old ****, junk, toot, rubbish, you name it they'll buy it, and then film the ****** stuff - I'll never get my head around that. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that all the stuff Q sell is crap, it most certainly isn't but most of the good stuff can be bought a lot cheaper elsewhere and it doesn't take long to find it!
😂😂😂😂 Hilarious!!!

Oh yes they are coming out of the woodwork.What is the point of reviewing Yankee Candles when they are finished with QVC? Erika and her ‘partner in crime‘ ? Result, chaos rules.What is going on? I know she has a strong accent but I pick up about 5% of her words.Is that cash to cover the weeks Easy Pays?Where is Lola? She has obviously taken her purchasing habit elsewhere.

Well the competition has certainly stirred up the ants nest,it’s as predictable as night and day,well done Katy call me cynical but an app dieing on its a**e,I know let’s have a competition,good idea the chumps will jump at the chance to win some gloop.
No lola (bet those complaining videos did not go down well at QVC)maybe she has now gone shopping elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back