Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see that Hycanith’s returned to the fold. There goes another £150 and a promise to spend another £100 cause she loves her navy Kim and Co Trackie so much , she’s gonna treat herself to the bottle green! It’s awful btw, but there’s no accounting for taste. Going off at a tangent- selling the trackie as separates gets 2 separate p&p’s - crafty eh? Then probably the most hideous Xmas candle I’ve ever seen in my life - wonky and wobbly, but it’s a keeper. She said she’s going to put it away until next Christmas- Fgs woman - why?!
The other purchase was another “aroma based sleep therapy” set for her husband - she’s only just bought that puffy little rechargeable device for that purpose! Bang him on the head love , it’ll be cheaper! I don’t mean the last bit of course but - But seriously what a waste of money!!

Even if you had this level of disposable income to spend (waste?) on anything you liked would you be so insensitive right now when people are struggling for basic life necessities to put yourself out there in this way? Are they so preoccupied with their pathetic little Qurio world? All they would probably say is ‘it’s their money’?

I see that Hycanith’s returned to the fold. There goes another £150 and a promise to spend another £100 cause she loves her navy Kim and Co Trackie so much , she’s gonna treat herself to the bottle green! It’s awful btw, but there’s no accounting for taste. Going off at a tangent- selling the trackie as separates gets 2 separate p&p’s - crafty eh? Then probably the most hideous Xmas candle I’ve ever seen in my life - wonky and wobbly, but it’s a keeper. She said she’s going to put it away until next Christmas- Fgs woman - why?!
The other purchase was another “aroma based sleep therapy” set for her husband - she’s only just bought that puffy little rechargeable device for that purpose! Bang him on the head love , it’ll be cheaper! I don’t mean the last bit of course but - But seriously what a waste of money!!
I wonder if she’s realised that, when she burns that candle, it’s going to melt (obviously) and go all over the inside of the hurricane part. That’ll be guaranteed to ruin it. 😳

I also agree with you …. the candle is hideous. The track suit doesn’t rate much better either. But she’s chuffed with all her recent purchases so that’s fair enough.

Nicola’s just posted another video and she’s not happy again. Apparently she returned something but QVC have taken a payment and she also took part in a Zoom “meeting” about QVC and earned £50+ in QVC credits for doing so. (i think that’s the gist of what she said,)

She bought something, using those credits, but it was faulty and so was returned but QVC won’t return those credits to use for something else.

I think she might finally waking up to their faults because she said it’s not been a positive shopping experience for her recently.

I was so tempted to post “I guess that you’re aware that there are other online stores out there and that much of what QVC sell can be bought elsewhere more cheaply, with free P&P and fast refunds?”

I resisted.

No wonder her husband is laying awake at night. No doubt worrying about all the money she is throwing at buying crap. A relaxing therapy spray won't cut it.
Of course not! I've got a lavender pillow spray that was part of a set I was given a while ago. It smells nice, but I can't say that it actually helps me sleep if I'm having trouble. She makes it sound as though they work like "knock out drops!" She said that the de-stress one de-stresses, as if it was fact. Give it to someone who's got exams or taking their driving test..yeah that's gonna help! Talk about believing all the hype. I'm sure an aromatherapy session in a spa, or a professional treatment is lovely and relaxing, but spraying your pillow, or wiping an overpriced balm onto your pulse points isn't gonna do much other than make you smell nice!

Nicola’s just posted another video and she’s not happy again. Apparently she returned something but QVC have taken a payment and she also took part in a Zoom “meeting” about QVC and earned £50+ in QVC credits for doing so. (i think that’s the gist of what she said,)

She bought something, using those credits, but it was faulty and so was returned but QVC won’t return those credits to use for something else.

I think she might finally waking up to their faults because she said it’s not been a positive shopping experience for her recently.

I was so tempted to post “I guess that you’re aware that there are other online stores out there and that much of what QVC sell can be bought elsewhere more cheaply, with free P&P and fast refunds?”

I resisted.
That's pretty damned disgraceful really - So she's ended up with nothing for her trouble. She really needs to close her account.

Last edited:

I resisted.
If QVC are having a focus group surely it would make sense to ask people who have stopped or reduced their spending to find out what’s going wrong.

It is pretty poor to refuse to re-issue the credits if she used them to buy something that was faulty. She mentioned there were lots of issues and it was a shame she didn’t list them all. As for the woman who commented maybe QVC isn’t the retailer for you, she’s obviously one of the brain washed ones.

If QVC are having a focus group surely it would make sense to ask people who have stopped or reduced their spending to find out what’s going wrong.

It is pretty poor to refuse to re-issue the credits if she used them to buy something that was faulty. She mentioned there were lots of issues and it was a shame she didn’t list them all. As for the woman who commented maybe QVC isn’t the retailer for you, she’s obviously one of the brain washed ones.
I hate comments like this, they're so unhelpful. Who cares if you've shopped with Q for years and have never had a problem? Either don't comment at all or give some constructive advice.

I wondered a while ago if these frequent fawning QVC customers posting on Qurio were hoping they might get a ‘foot in the door’ to something bigger with Q?Does it seem that Nicola was hoping for this, but a Zoom meeting?Well she has had the door slammed in her face it seems, she will learn there will be no fondness coming her way despite buying up most of the Lola Rose stock.

If QVC are reading this, will you please ask people like me who have shopped with you from day one, am a normal person, buy a lot from you, ask me to be on your focus group and pay me £50. I've been a shop addict, I've bought crap, I know all the angst, I hardly ever send things back (even useless crap), I've bought things I love, I know how you get sucked in, I've been the lonely buyer, give people like me a kickback. EVen a £10 voucher (which I've never had any kind of offer in all these years). Aaaarrrgh, why don't they ask people like me how they could improve???? Right, wine o'clock.

Scotland won the rugby by the way :D:D

CC

Hyacinth has left a comment on Lola's rant - Simply the word "want" Wtf?! Was she starting to write a supportive message but got distracted by the sound of her husband smashing up her wobbly candle monstrosity with a sledgehammer (Though a teaspoon would have done the job, it looked that flimsy), or was she alluding to the fact she wanted the item that Lola had posted, presumably because you're not allowed to make a video without a link to one of their products. Distracted, or so brainwashed by Q, she'd be that rude? I like to believe it wasn't the latter, but somehow :unsure:

Definitely brainwashed - I've just taken another look at the comments on the candle...and she paid £60 quid for it, yes £60, and I doubt p&p was free so more then! She agrees that it's wobbly and unstable and for that reason she's gonna keep it for show and is not gonna burn it! She'll burn her money instead - CRAZY!

Last edited:
Definitely brainwashed - I've just taken another look at the comments on the candle...and she paid £60 quid for it, yes £60, and I doubt p&p was free so more then! She agrees that it's wobbly and unstable and for that reason she's gonna keep it for show and is not gonna burn it! She'll burn her money instead - CRAZY!
£60 for that monstrosity and she wont even burn it. Words fail me. I’m so tempted to comment.

The light dawns, well for Nicola, stop rambling and take your vast spending power elsewhere.As for H? A lost cause, nearly £100 for that Kim & Co 2 piece ? to look like that? QVC feed off the likes of her who have money to spend and never question the Q&V, the candle? A fool and their money are soon parted!

exarctly the same with subcontractors tax refunds which are much larger.

The worrying thing is that these companies tell you they can get you big refunds going back 4 years so people sign up even though they know i their heart that they wouldn’t be due anything but these companies submit bogus claims, get the refunds, deduct their fee and pass the balance on. Problem is when HMRC decide to open an enquiry and you have to pay it back it’s the full amount plus penalties they want repaid, which is much more than you got in your bank. Personally in these cases of pure greed, I have no sympathy, but the marriage allowance is at least a genuine claim.
It's so easy to do. I heard about it and hubby went onto HMRC sight and sorted it. We did it about 4 years ago.

£60 for that monstrosity and she wont even burn it. Words fail me. I’m so tempted to comment.
Me too, but I'm afraid I'd end up being a little bit too frank - but maybe that's what she needs! It's no good posting "I would send it back if I were you" as I wouldn't have spent such a ridiculous amount of money on something so hideous, and so unnecessary. What really needs to be said is "Get a grip, the candle is faulty, and worth nowhere near the price. If you've got money to burn for the sake of something you intend to shove in a cupboard for the rest of the year, then good luck to you - Just remember people are struggling to pay their winter fuel bills, when you're showing off your latest bit of tat!

Sorry Hyacinth I have just noticed that you did in fact write another supportive message to Lola, explaining how you've been overcharged, sent wrong items, used items etc. She said that her husband is fed up with checking the bank account for overcharges - I bet that's not all he's fed up with lol!

Latest posts

Back