Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Qurio are going for a double whammy this morning. Two reviews from Jennywren and Erika, both appearing on a split screen. šŸ˜³
For once I'm seeing a bit of the "community" from the tatty appy, and an actual review of products, instead of seeing a box being opened and a review based upon nothing. I reckon Jenny Wren looks a bit like Flinty - I doubt whether there's much call for a lookalike though lol!

Cartoon toeches one only fghgyjgyj.jpg

Qurio are going for a double whammy this morning. Two reviews from Jennywren and Erika, both appearing on a split screen. šŸ˜³
And why? Neither are an advert for anything.Bit harsh? Yes but I would recognise that and not put myself out there.Like these celebs when they are criticised then cry, why? Donā€™t do it.

Is it slowly coming to a stop,because of overspending,or the have the regulars started reading this forum.I see Katy has pulled the plug on her advice, never to be seen again.Qurio is the perfect place if you love cardboard boxes šŸ“¦ šŸ˜‚
It's definitely slowed down that's for sure, which I guess is natural for this time of the year. Whether or not it will pick up again remains to be seen. The silly spenders have (mostly) stopped, whether it's down to finance, a realisation that they don't need all that "stuff", or just that the novelty's worn off, who knows? I'll be interested to see whether the app gets closed if it remains this fallow! It's been entertaining for all the wrong reasons, so for that I'd be a little sad to see it go, but it really should go as it's a bad thing - and actually not very useful.

Is it slowly coming to a stop,because of overspending,or the have the regulars started reading this forum.I see Katy has pulled the plug on her advice, never to be seen again.Qurio is the perfect place if you love cardboard boxes šŸ“¦ šŸ˜‚
Did she actually give any advice?! From what I can remember most of it was a lot of hot air and empty promises. I vaguely remember her saying something about the importance of good lighting and recommended using a tripod - whoopeee!

Erika seems to the be the only prolific spender left on board at the moment. Erika "Just because it's half price" it doesn't mean it's a bargain and you have to have it! Recently she's bought a Helene Berman cotton biker jacket which is down to Ā£59.99 + a staggering Ā£6.95 p&p! It can't weigh very much surely?!
In front of the camera, she opened the box and tried it on - It was too tight for starters, the grey colour did absolutely nothing for her. She then proceeded to try it on with umpteen other outfits, all sadly looked terrible. She seemed happy with it though - Lord knows why?!
I don't know about you, but if I were to receive an item of clothing through the post. I'd rather open the box in private, have a good look at it in private, try it on in private and decide whether or not it's a keeper. If I'm really not sure, then that's telling me to send it back. I'd possibly ask oh what he thought, and if he said "wow" you look great in it, then yes I might think ok I'll keep it, but if he was a bit "meh" or negative about it, then I wouldn't. There's no way on this earth that I'd parade myself and go fishing for compliments in front of a bunch of strangers on an app that's designed to "shift goods"
She has been completely blindsided by this app, and it's a proper shame to see such a beautiful lady wasting her money on dreadful clothes that make her look awful! Well done QVC!

This is typical of the Q amateurish approach to their digital offerings. Rather than doing things professionally and making sure the content is genuinely relevant and not simply a who can shop more than who competition, they just provided the medium and sat back... presumably assuming contributors would use it as they envisaged.
I don't blame Katy putting distance between her and this trainwreck... I doubt any sensible person would join the fray now. They should have moderated it better in the first place, to prevent the ridiculous videos becoming the norm. Any move now will definitely be a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

How can Katy Pullinger appear to condone this app by appearing on it,she is not above criticism she name checks personally nearly all the shopping addicts.
Yes she has disappeared who would not be ashamed to have been on it.
As for the shopaholics they are deluded if they think any of the tat sellers are there friends.
They just encourage there spending habits!

Yes I saw Erika in that jacket it was too tight, as was the dress she was showing previously, both colours were nondescript.Of course they all say how wonderful things look.She seems to like the big walking boots with dresses, not my cup of tea at all but that is probably just personal taste, each to his own. KP will have distanced herself from this as where would you start?.I think when Q launched this they had no idea the offerings their precious customers would serve up.

Yes I saw Erika in that jacket it was too tight, as was the dress she was showing previously, both colours were nondescript.Of course they all say how wonderful things look.She seems to like the big walking boots with dresses, not my cup of tea at all but that is probably just personal taste, each to his own. KP will have distanced herself from this as where would you start?.I think when Q launched this they had no idea the offerings their precious customers would serve up.
Yes, you're probably right there. I'm sure they envisaged their "lovely ladies" draped in MW drama kimonos whilst drying and tonging away with their Dyson gadgets & extoling the convenience of buying your Ā£6k diamond rings from QVC. Instead they get Beryl from Scunthorpe who's raided the dregs of clearance and cobbled together a few outifts that Worzel Gummidge would be proud of!

I see JoJo aka ā€˜Shirley Valentineā€™ is ā€˜promotingā€™ Qurio on the main channel.Has Lulu taken her extensive collections and done a runner or is she recovering after catching sight of her bank statements?

Richardā€™s back and heā€™s thrilled that heā€™s managed to find some menā€™s t- shirts on Q. So thrilled was he, that he bought all 4 colourways. I worked out that heā€™d spent Ā£84! This is arguably a ridiculous price to pay for 4 T-shirts, but theyā€™re branded (Skechers) and I had a quick look around elsewhere to find that theyā€™re generally Ā£16.99 each ( just a penny cheaper) and that postage ranged from free - Ā£4.95. The main difference was that everywhere that charged p&p did it per order as opposed to per item. Then I found an online retailer selling them for Ā£14 each with zero p&p, they had his size and all colours were in stock . So he couldā€™ve saved himself Ā£28! It took me less than 5 minutes to find these much cheaper options- I just donā€™t get it! Why are Q so overpriced? , and why are people so lazy and stupid?! Some of these people were obviously at the back of the queue when brains were being handed out!!
P.S - Someone has commented ā€œgood priceā€ - unless they were trying their hand at a bit of sarcasm. Somehow I doubt it though!
Iā€™m actually starting to get a bit angry šŸ˜” with this lot, someone needs to bang their stupid heads together!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back