Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just think what Hyacinth I could be spending if she wasn’t loosing sleep worrying about the ‘cost of living crisis’, how the energy bill was going to be paid, cutting back on the food bills.Hopefully this improves so the full level of buying Christmas decorations, nail files, creams, ornaments, clothes—— can be resumed.

Hyacinth again! She has spent £49 +£4.95 on a Marla Wynne "poncho" = a square of creased looking fabric. She told us that she'd reviewed another one a few days ago but when she went to upload it she found 2 oily stains on it and said that it smelled of perfume, she didn't say that she'd returned it or anything - I really hope she did and with a stiff complaint to boot, I doubt it after how this presentation continued. She has actually had to make repairs to this one and has found a mark in the fabric that's she's tried to fluff out, and the fact the garment looked like a creased dish rag seemed to escape her notice. She said it'll be great for walks on Christmas/boxing day!
When people are so obsessed with QVC that they'll buy anything then their habit of sending out manky used stuff will continue. I'm pretty sure that this lady is "small fry" in comparison with some of their other customers, at least she isn't secretive about it. If she does ever come to her senses then she's got a visual reminder of how bad things got, and there's a slight chance she might get some help and advice from family and friends - and by friends I mean friends not the silly twits who are encouraging her!

Hyacinth again! She has spent £49 +£4.95 on a Marla Wynne "poncho" = a square of creased looking fabric. She told us that she'd reviewed another one a few days ago but when she went to upload it she found 2 oily stains on it and said that it smelled of perfume, she didn't say that she'd returned it or anything - I really hope she did and with a stiff complaint to boot, I doubt it after how this presentation continued. She has actually had to make repairs to this one and has found a mark in the fabric that's she's tried to fluff out, and the fact the garment looked like a creased dish rag seemed to escape her notice. She said it'll be great for walks on Christmas/boxing day!
When people are so obsessed with QVC that they'll buy anything then their habit of sending out manky used stuff will continue. I'm pretty sure that this lady is "small fry" in comparison with some of their other customers, at least she isn't secretive about it. If she does ever come to her senses then she's got a visual reminder of how bad things got, and there's a slight chance she might get some help and advice from family and friends - and by friends I mean friends not the silly twits who are encouraging her!
£54 for a used ponch😳. I haven't worn a poncho since the early 70s when I was a young child and haven't got over the trauma🤣.

Seriously, she clearly can't understand how bad this is, she seemed to be just stating the facts and not complaining/ranting about QVC sending clearly used products. It's sad.

£54 for a used ponch😳. I haven't worn a poncho since the early 70s when I was a young child and haven't got over the trauma🤣.

Seriously, she clearly can't understand how bad this is, she seemed to be just stating the facts and not complaining/ranting about QVC sending clearly used products. It's sad.
My nan used to knit them for me when I was a kid, and I was the envy of all my mates. That creased up monstrosity from MW doesn't deserve to be called a poncho - it's a couple of squares of cheap fabric tacked together at sides and an insult to anyone who have ever taken the care and trouble to knit or make a poncho!
I know! It's sad enough to see someone overspending like this, even if they can afford it, but to be so acceptant of shoddy workmanship, and being sent disgusting used clothing makes it seem a lot worse, where's the self esteem? I for one would be absolutely livid if I received something in that condition and it would take an apology and a goodwill voucher before I even considered shopping with them again.
Just the other day I was browsing a charity shop and was looking at the handbags, I noticed one with a lips design that I suspected could be Lulu Guinness it was priced up at £15 - indeed it was! so I'm thinking to myself obviously the organisers didn't recognise the label, as usually this kind of thing is displayed in a glass cabinet and a lot more expensive. Anyway i turned the tag over and it said slight damage near the bottom. When I looked there was a huge hole in the side, it was blatantly irrepairable. The only place that bag belonged was the dustbin! It was probably a fake anyway, but the point is, it amazes me how much crap people will put up with if they think they're getting designer goods for a bargain price. At least in the charity shop you could see what you're getting before you buy - With QVC you can't. MW is not a designer brand so even one loose button or mark on the fabric is unacceptable. Wake up Hyacinth! I'm still hoping that she will, some of the others have managed by the look of it, so there's always hope!

The MW is hyped up on QVC, like many of the ranges they are so overpriced.If you look around as many of us do shopping online there is better quality and if it doesn’t suit free or low price returns
Don’t worry about the Hyacinths of the world where we look at value for money it is an unknown to them.

The MW is hyped up on QVC, like many of the ranges they are so overpriced.If you look around as many of us do shopping online there is better quality and if it doesn’t suit free or low price returns
Don’t worry about the Hyacinths of the world where we look at value for money it is an unknown to them.
I agree. To you and me good value means good quality/quantity for a reasonable price along with generous terms and the realisation that a bargain is only a bargain if you need it. It’s all very well getting excited when something’s half price but when its full price is 3 or 4 times more than it should be - half price is still pretty poor vfm. Don’t get me wrong who hasn’t spent more than they wanted to on something they’ve really wanted? But to do it as a matter of course simply because it’s had a few quid shaved off (regardless of want or need) is crazy!

Is this blog for real? Or is it something that QVC themselves are writing for their own amusement, just to see the reactions they get? I don't know, I've never read it but it sounds a bit far-fetched. :unsure:

Is this blog for real? Or is it something that QVC themselves are writing for their own amusement, just to see the reactions they get? I don't know, I've never read it but it sounds a bit far-fetched. :unsure:
Sadly yes - I don't think QVC themselves realise it's still knocking about. As for amusement - in the early days it was quite hilarious - We had someone doing reviews whilst her dog is dry humping her leg, camera work that could've been done on a rollercoaster it's so shaky, the odd influencer making an appearance whilst trying to make they're new to it all as they attempt to win the monthly prize for the best video (That's a thing of the distant past - That idea was dropped very soon after they made a bit of a faux pas and ended up giving away more than they wanted to) We've had dodgy cleavage shots, ill fitting clothes, dirty returns, collections that price wise would make your eyes water. Nowadays it's chugging away in the background thanks to 2 or three contributors who seem to be hanging on to the driftwood for dear life and it's all rather sad. If you ever wanted to see a documentary about spending disorders , or you didn't know it was actually a thing - Qurio is a proper eye opener!

A former member of this forum, her name escapes me, did some Qurio videos then resurfaced here to have a rant at some members for being critical of the way QVC were treating Qurio members and expressing concern that it looked very likely that some of the video posters had an out of control QVC spending habit.

A former member of this forum, her name escapes me, did some Qurio videos then resurfaced here to have a rant at some members for being critical of the way QVC were treating Qurio members and expressing concern that it looked very likely that some of the video posters had an out of control QVC spending habit.
I don't know if it was the same person who had a go at one or two of our members as well.

I still think some posters, one in particular, were hoping for a broadcasting career! To be ‘discovered’on Qurio!!!! Didn’t QVC once have a Diamonique purchaser who appeared ‘on air’?

Latest posts

Back