questions you'd like to ask qvc and presenters..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

as a newbie,I have no idea what this altercation is all about....

I would just say tigers eye- be confident in your opinions.I like gilly hallidays long hair - I like Northern nights and kipling bags - I'm not offended by the strong posts that opose all those things...everyone has the right to feel different and like different things.

I'm not here to be particularly nasty - I actually enjoy qvc - I would actually be quite upset if someone out there was terribly offended by the posts I have written - but I see nothing wrong with passing comment - as you would in everyday life.

I read several forums and moderate two - forums are no different the world round.Sometimes things can be taken harshly and yes things can be written in better ways - but there are what they are...try not to take them to heart...xx

Speaking as a person who buys Kim and Indigo Moon and even the occasional Quacker, I agree with all you say. It doesn't bother me that others find them tasteless or hideous, why should it? I have confidence in myself, what suits me and the way I put outfits together. I love that we can poke fun at each other and the presenters. One man's Kipling bag is another man's Indigo Moon...:giggle:
If I were to take it all seriously, then I wouldn't be posting here still - there are thousands of other sites. As it is, I love the irreverence and I'm proud to be a Born-Again F.A.R.T.er.........:clapping::clapping:

as a newbie,I have no idea what this altercation is all about....

I would just say tigers eye- be confident in your opinions.I like gilly hallidays long hair - I like Northern nights and kipling bags - I'm not offended by the strong posts that opose all those things...everyone has the right to feel different and like different things.

I'm not here to be particularly nasty - I actually enjoy qvc - I would actually be quite upset if someone out there was terribly offended by the posts I have written - but I see nothing wrong with passing comment - as you would in everyday life.

I read several forums and moderate two - forums are no different the world round.Sometimes things can be taken harshly and yes things can be written in better ways - but there are what they are...try not to take them to heart...xx

Passing comment is good, on all sorts of stuff. Some posters on here (sadly, me) get castigated for disagreeing. It really upsets me - I'm not made of stone, I wish I was.

Aw tigers eye - thats forums though...people do disagree...you'll just have to find some confidence.If you find some confidence to post out against something - have the same confidence to see it through.

I have read things on this forum and have thought wow,thats a bit strong - but I can't say it bothers me - I just think that person feels very strong about that person/item/aspect.

Forums are about differences of opinion.We're all here from all walks of life - its impossible to all feel the same.Just as you can choose not to be friends with someone in "real life" or sit round their kitchen table for a cuppa - you can choose here,either not to post or not to answer.

If you feel you can't cope with the more stronger,confrontantional posts - don't answer them.

Start posts yourself that interest you.Start a postive thread on the presenters that you would like or the aspects you enjoy of qvc...no we're not made of stone - we are all just cut different ways xx

Passing comment is good, on all sorts of stuff. Some posters on here (sadly, me) get castigated for disagreeing. It really upsets me - I'm not made of stone, I wish I was.

although i was appalled by the way you were treated in another thread, i would not agree that you got 'castigated for disagreeing'. you got castigated for the manner you used to pass your msg through. when one enters a 'community', one has to adjust to what is regarded acceptable behaviour in the community and not the other way round imo.

i am glad you have joined and always happy to read your different views; i would prefer a less polemic approach though, if i may. :flower:

Aw tigers eye - thats forums though...people do disagree...you'll just have to find some confidence.If you find some confidence to post out against something - have the same confidence to see it through.

I have read things on this forum and have thought wow,thats a bit strong - but I can't say it bothers me - I just think that person feels very strong about that person/item/aspect.

Forums are about differences of opinion.We're all here from all walks of life - its impossible to all feel the same.Just as you can choose not to be friends with someone in "real life" or sit round their kitchen table for a cuppa - you can choose here,either not to post or not to answer.

If you feel you can't cope with the more stronger,confrontantional posts - don't answer them.

Start posts yourself that interest you.Start a postive thread on the presenters that you would like or the aspects you enjoy of qvc...no we're not made of stone - we are all just cut different ways xx

I have posted a couple of postive threads recently. One about a bag I bought and received,.

Disagreeing on various threads (and following them through) as you say, is different to the unpleasant responses to me I have seen and read.

I keep posting to prove that I'm not just posting responses and running away but the bullying here does have an effect on me. It stops me sleeping, knowing that there are people on here who are so nasty.

I have no issue with a "healthy" (ooh back to the 1950's) debate on anything but certain posters ("oh here we go again") just follow the party line and in my view it's easy to follow.

This original thread emphasised questions that we'd like to ask QVC presenters. I volunteered mine.

That's all.

S

Last edited:
I have posted a couple of postive threads recently. One about a bag I bought and received,.

Disagreeing on various threads (and following them through) as you say, is different to the unpleasant responses to me I have seen and read.

I keep posting to prove that I'm not just posting responses and running away but the bullying here does have an effect.

I have no issue with a "healthy" (ooh back to the 1950's) debate on anything but certain posters ("oh here we go again") just follow the party line and in my view it's easy to follow.

This thread emphasised questions that we'd like to ask QVC presenters. I volunteered mine. I didn't also add "attack me".

PS: To re-iterate: no, I don't work for them.

"Bullying and attacking" Oh good grief. :rolleyes:

Well TE - I find that really sad if you feel you can't sleep etc over a post:heartbroke:

Theres nothing wrong with being sensitive or wearing your heart on your sleeve.Honestly? My advice is to take time out.Come back after two weeks off and you may feel better and differently.Sometimes its better to step back.

If not keep posting positivitively.I can't comment on other posts or treatment of other posts,but hey,if you have an opinion,and you want to post it...do:wave2:

I keep posting to prove that I'm not just posting responses and running away but the bullying here does have an effect on me. It stops me sleeping, knowing that there are people on here who are so nasty.

This original thread emphasised questions that we'd like to ask QVC presenters. I volunteered mine.

That's all.

S

Oh, so that would be me then?

I'm sorry, but on another thread you virtually acused me of lying and took it upon yourself to prove me wrong!

I have not 'followed the party line', I appreciate you have your opinions, I'm not disputing that. I also don't have a problem with that, or you, whatever you might think! I have a problem with the way you phrase some of your posts, I think you come across as extremely argumentative at times, but maybe that's just me.

To be honest I'm going to draw a line under it and move on, if you feel I have 'bullied' you then I apologise, it was not my intention.

Well TE - I find that really sad if you feel you can't sleep etc over a post:heartbroke:

Theres nothing wrong with being sensitive or wearing your heart on your sleeve.Honestly? My advice is to take time out.Come back after two weeks off and you may feel better and differently.Sometimes its better to step back.

If not keep posting positivitively.I can't comment on other posts or treatment of other posts,but hey,if you have an opinion,and you want to post it...do:wave2:

No, this is not OK.

Moderatators, no less, who sould be impartial, joining in.

Please delete my account and user name, Graham. Tee hee, another Forum user lost.

Any nasty "Bye" messages (pinkpussycat, you seem to be particularly skilled in this) will simply re-inforce my reasons for leaving this forum.

Oh, so that would be me then?

I'm sorry, but on another thread you virtually acused me of lying and took it upon yourself to prove me wrong!

I have not 'followed the party line', I appreciate you have your opinions, I'm not disputing that. I also don't have a problem with that, or you, whatever you might think! I have a problem with the way you phrase some of your posts, I think you come across as extremely argumentative at times, but maybe that's just me.

To be honest I'm going to draw a line under it and move on, if you feel I have 'bullied' you then I apologise, it was not my intention.

I've not accused you of lying, I have no reason nor agenda to do that. You're not a liar. You have your opinons as do I, which differ from mine but you're very very agressive in your responses to me and as a result you don't seem like a nice person but again that's just my opinion. But you're not lying.

You didn't intend to bully me, you were the worst culprit, so I accept your apology, while my account is still live - thank you.

I cannot believe you have posted that you are being "bullied".........

You were NASTY, AGRESSIVE and certainly were running your own AGENDA of which we are still trying to work out, because it was most definately not to give a Balanced Opinion on what the Thread was about. (The 50% QVC Returns Thread).

I have read what you post and there is always an underlying niggle you try to get across, you either get out of the wrong side of the bed every morning or you suffer from a severe case of "BAD ATTITUDE PROBLEM".

The Site Owner and The Moderators of this Site are "EXCELLENT" but of Course only "IMHO".

If this post is seen as 'bullying', then I am sorry.... but I do not Apologise, I am merely stating my opinion..........

hi TE - bit flumoxed by whats not ok? but as a newbie,I feel sad that you are going.My posts were trying to help you,rather than offend you - my spologies if you felt that way.I am not a moderator on this forum,and maybe went into moderator mode!

Great topic - I've just chuckled my way through it!

Here's my questions:-

Why does it take so long for something to get transported from Liverpool to Yorkshire?
Why do you advertise that 99% of orders are despatched on the same day they are placed or should that be why are my orders NEVER despatched on the same day?
Why can't we have p&p per order rather than per item (so you can order a few different items at once and only get charged one lot of p&p)?
Anthony Heywood will you marry me?
Julia Roberts why do you pronounce turquoise as turqwas?
Is that JRs house on the promo she does about Qcut and if so where are all the Tiffany lamps she says she has everywhere in her house?
Can we have Molton Brown back and have proper bargain MB tsvs like we used to have?

Can't think of any more right now but I'm sure more will come to me later!

In trying to answer some questions:-

QVC presenters are self employed so I guess they will have other jobs (Anthony for example does photography and Julia has said that she does voice overs and corporate videos).

JR isn't married but they have been together for a lot of years.

Many years ago the Butler part of Butler & Wilson used to appear on QVC with Simon, I think he was his business partner but couldn't say if he was his partner partner or not!

TTFN guys.
Xx

Anthony a very nice boy

i would like to ask the presenters if they open accounts on this forum, and post comments :angel:

I cannot believe you have posted that you are being "bullied".........

You were NASTY, AGRESSIVE and certainly were running your own AGENDA of which we are still trying to work out, because it was most definately not to give a Balanced Opinion on what the Thread was about. (The 50% QVC Returns Thread).

I have read what you post and there is always an underlying niggle you try to get across, you either get out of the wrong side of the bed every morning or you suffer from a severe case of "BAD ATTITUDE PROBLEM".

The Site Owner and The Moderators of this Site are "EXCELLENT" but of Course only "IMHO".

If this post is seen as 'bullying', then I am sorry.... but I do not Apologise, I am merely stating my opinion..........

OK. Stop. My Dad died 7 days ago. My Mum has Vascular Dementia and is just about to be sectioned. I'm on this Forum for light relief. Or was. What I fool I am. Just stop, OK?

Susan B

No, this is not OK.

Moderatators, no less, who sould be impartial, joining in.

Please delete my account and user name, Graham. Tee hee, another Forum user lost.

Any nasty "Bye" messages (pinkpussycat, you seem to be particularly skilled in this) will simply re-inforce my reasons for leaving this forum.
My we're touchy. :emo: It's just good manners to say Bye........:pPC:

OK. Stop. My Dad died 7 days ago. My Mum has Vascular Dementia and is just about to be sectioned. I'm on this Forum for light relief. Or was. What I fool I am. Just stop, OK?

Susan B

tigerseye, sorry about your family problems, and your recent loss, though if i am honest i find it odd that you were posting on here 7 days ago, quite indepth, on the day of your berevement.

most of us, me included have problems with elderly or sick family members, please feel free to read through my posts re my mum's health.

but back to my point, rather than posting on here, including the day of your dad's death, maybe sweetheart you should seek some bereavement counselling, when my dad went to the next world me and mum had a rotten time, made even more difficlut because we were in spain with him at the time we got very angry with peeps and the world in general, i am ashamed to say we alienated some very dear friends, luckily we were refered to bereavement counselling by our doctor, and i can say it helped, of couse it did not bring dad back but we saw a point in carrying on. mum in still not herself and she has a lot of health problems to deal with

not sure where you live dear, but if you think it would help ask the doctor.

i sincerely hope i have not offended you with this post

Latest posts

Back