Q Fashion...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My problem with all mail order clothes is the sizing. I am neat in the bust but up to 2 sizes bigger in the hips. Unless you know the fit and also know that they are consistent in their sizing it is best to stick to the DHS.

SuziQ, hope you are feeling much better now. All best wishes to you.

I have a centigrade coat I nought recently which I wish I had sent back, but I've been unwell following radiotherapy and couldn't be bothered to get it picked up. It's nit a patch in the coat I had from debenhams a few years ago filled with down.

I know this is going to make me sound like a right old fogey (at 55!) but when I was looking for nighties for hospital in June I discovered Bon Marche. A lot of what they have is not my thing - elasticacted waists etc- but I have bought three really beautiful tops in their sale and saw a sweater online that I am temped to order ( a longer tunic style.) I used to scoff at my mum shopping in Bon marche but have to accept I'm getting older lol without resorting to some of the overpriced tat ( plus ridiculous p&p) I regularly see on QVC. The only thing that annoys me is that their deliver to store option is really really slow- usually 10-14 days which I think is ridiculous these days.

I have a centigrade coat I nought recently which I wish I had sent back, but I've been unwell following radiotherapy and couldn't be bothered to get it picked up. It's nit a patch in the coat I had from debenhams a few years ago filled with down.

I know this is going to make me sound like a right old fogey (at 55!) but when I was looking for nighties for hospital in June I discovered Bon Marche. A lot of what they have is not my thing - elasticacted waists etc- but I have bought three really beautiful tops in their sale and saw a sweater online that I am temped to order ( a longer tunic style.) I used to scoff at my mum shopping in Bon marche but have to accept I'm getting older lol without resorting to some of the overpriced tat ( plus ridiculous p&p) I regularly see on QVC. The only thing that annoys me is that their deliver to store option is really really slow- usually 10-14 days which I think is ridiculous these days.

Hope you will be feeling better soon, can't be pleasant for you.

I'm with you all the way, if you're an old fogey, then so am I (55)...went to the local garden centre yesterday and bought a fleece gilet from EWM!!! Used to take my Mum there years ago and at a tenner, it'll do for me!

Thanks for the good wishes, history and whatsgoingon.

I have had the best day I have had since my operation in June today-amazing how one day can lift your spirits ! It's been a long haul and frustrating - they discontinued my radiotherapy and chemo because of the severity of my side effects, so I endured almost three quarters of the treatment for nothing :(

Nothing I can do about it though ! Have to try to stay positive !

Thanks for the good wishes, history and whatsgoingon.

I have had the best day I have had since my operation in June today-amazing how one day can lift your spirits ! It's been a long haul and frustrating - they discontinued my radiotherapy and chemo because of the severity of my side effects, so I endured almost three quarters of the treatment for nothing :(

Nothing I can do about it though ! Have to try to stay positive !

I think even if you can't complete the treatment, having had some of it will have done some good SuziQ. Chemo in particular can be very unpredictable. A dear friend of mine had a very severe (rushed to A&E) allergic reaction to hers... Radiotherapy is also tough. I read up a lot before having it and chose a gel from the Penny Brohn Cancer Care online shop. Incidentally, the charity is the nominated charity for any donations in memory of Jackie Collins. I used the radiance skin care (not cheap) throughout my radiotherapy and it was brilliant (the nurses were very impressed too that my skin hadn't broken down as they expected it to... apparently the larger your bust the faster the breakdown will happen.

I hope your good days outnumber your bad days.

Like you, haven't bought many clothes from them, as don't like a lot of the styles!! Seem rather old fashioned. I have a few Antthony designs and do love them, so soft and comfortable to wear!
Really like Marc Bower but haven't been tempted yet, will soon I think, as quite quirky clothes and bit different!

Quite like Centigrade jackets and coats too - good value some of them!! :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back