Q box jury:a hit & a miss

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

minim

Registered Shopper
A shameful play on JUKE BOX JURY (a1960s music show where celebrities judged the latest records)

In this version you get to choose 2 items you purchased from Q:

one resounding HIT
and
one resounding MISS

No hard & fast rules. As many goes as you want
---------------------

HIT - I bought a gold spiral ring that had 3 tiny diamond chips in one of the gold outlet shows to replace my worn out wedding ring. I think it was £88.00. They only had the chocolate gold option left in my size so I ordered with some trepidation. It was a resounding hit. I love everything about it - the colour of the gold, the design & the weight. My best purchase ever (so far) from Q

MISS - Elemis Sensitive Cleansing Wash Duo. Bought this one Christmas for my two daughters. They did not like it. The eldest said it made her skin feel tight and the youngest had red, dry patches after just one wash (in all fairness, she does have super-sensitive skin). They passed it back to me. Sadly, I could not get on with it either. After using it for a few days it made my skin feel like it was about to crack.
A big surprise because I have bought other products in the Elemis range and like them. Too late to return it back to Q unfortunately, so I lost out.

Who wants to be David Jacobs ?

HIT - my Samsung NC10 netbook. I probably spend more of my day with it than with any other single thing apart from my bed.
MISS - a small pink steam press. It's such a faff to set up and empty and I don't get a good finish on shoulders, sleeves etc. Might put it on EBay.

Just thought - HIT: A ruby, pink sapphire and diamond flower ring, bought as Bargain Hunter about three years ago. Really sparkles and has got lots of admiring comments. No real misses - they always get sent back!

HIT----get a grip ice tracks that go over your shoes in winter,best things ever! MISS----dream wizard pillow,anyone remember them from way back?

Oh yes the ice grips total awesome.

Any electric battery operation item which was suppose to exercise your face, smooth or buff etc. You use for a while then get bored and throw in a drawer.

Oh yes the ice grips total awesome.

Any electric battery operation item which was suppose to exercise your face, smooth or buff etc. You use for a while then get bored and throw in a drawer.

Have you got fed up of your clarisonic yet?

Hit: my buckwheat pillow, even take it with me now when I go and stay anywhere
Miss: yoghurt maker thing. Makes too much of the same flavour and get fed up with eating it - now relegated to the garage

Mmmmm let me see.......

HIT - My Acer Netbook....loving it:)

MISS - A Kelly Hoppen Duvet Set...after a couple of washes it was like some sort of wash rag (bobbling and pilling). I could get better from my local market.

Hit - a Honora white rondell necklace I bought about 6 years ago. I wear it at least once a week and it goes with anything.

Miss- Northern Nights duvet sets in that stretchy cotton t-shirt type material. My girls hated them with a passion and they went to the bin!

HIT - actually, it was a Mookite necklace I gave to my mother for her birthday last year. She absolutely loves it.

MISS - Travelon Carry Safe Anti-Theft Messenger Bag, which was a TSV last summer. It all started so well, but in ended up driving me barmy trying to get things in and out of it, my phone fell out of the phone-holder pouch for a living, the main zip kept becoming misaligned, and the buckle on the strap never stayed in position.

It's dead now.

Cool thread and I remember Jukebox Jury too

Hit My sonicare toothbrush would never have been able to try one if not for QVC
Miss Those pasta cooker things that looked like a storage tub and you poured boiling water in and it cooked hmmm went to the charity shop

Hit...Giles and posner small slow cooker....brilliant just the right size for me and OH, works a treat and cost me less than £15 incl the postage.

Miss...Deffo the battery operated ice cream maker..an absolute pile of junk. Forgot to return it and ended up giving it to my mum to use as a cat bowl!

What a great idea for a thread ! Loved the clip on 'you tube' which brought back memories !!

HIT :--- many but especially my ' Chop Wizard ' chopping device for fruit & veg. It was one of my earliest QVC purchases and it gets used several times every week. It saves me loads of time and effort .
MISS :--- A red twisty , squeezy floor mop that never worked properly because a hard lump of plastic poked through at its base. It fell apart after a few uses , after the 30 days , and was promptly binned .

Hit...Judith Williams skincare...love the results, generous sizes and reasonable prices. It was a toss-up though with the Microplane for my feet which is also brilliant.

Miss... Northern Nights flannel duvet set, hated the look and feel and it washed like a rag.

So good to know that there are a few of you who remember Juke Box Jury!

Remember this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax74FgLaEAA

Surely, the first segment was it's finest moment .... No? :biggrin:

I hated those pigs with a vengeance! I'd forgotten how good-looking all the panel members were when they were young!!!

HIT - my Cook's Essentials wok & frying pan set
MISS - several but think the worst was a cardigan with pulls in which I got exchanged and I still ended up never wearing it..oh well someone who shopped at Oxfam probably benefitted!

Latest posts

Back