Q box jury:a hit & a miss

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just a bit too young for Juke Box Jury but like the idea...
Hit: Tiffany Lamps which bring me pleasure every day, especially the kitten one.
Miss: Swivel sweeper which never really picked up and then packed up a year & a day after purchase and QVC would not replace...have Gtech now and a vast improvement.

Miss...Deffo the battery operated ice cream maker..an absolute pile of junk. Forgot to return it and ended up giving it to my mum to use as a cat bowl!

I agree with this, I'll have to look for someone with a cat!

I have bought loads of other MISSES and quite a few HITS, but although I can remember Juke Box Jury like it was yesterday, I can't remember most of the things I've bought from QVC, luckily for me I think.

I hated those pigs with a vengeance! I'd forgotten how good-looking all the panel members were when they were young!!!

Lol, so did I!
A relative bought me the creepy piggies record 'Give Us A Kiss For Christmas' <shudder> as a Christmas present.
Never liked the relative either :giggle:

I agree with this, I'll have to look for someone with a cat!

I have bought loads of other MISSES and quite a few HITS, but although I can remember Juke Box Jury like it was yesterday, I can't remember most of the things I've bought from QVC, luckily for me I think.

Selective memory loss or age?
I'm going with the former!

Hit : Cooks Essentials non stick wok with lid - brilliant versatile pan.
Miss: Cooks Essentials non stick wok with lid - I just had an induction hob fitted and it doesnt ****** work on it!

Hit: My set of 3 silver and marcasite rings, had them for 6 years - wear them every day and they are beautiful and still like new - never tarnished or anything.

Miss: The 'Home Electrolysis Kit' which at a cost of £16 I should have known would be a lorry load of old poop. It didn't work, burned my skin and then broke after two uses. Awful.

HIT - I agree, the Ice Track thingies. Brilliant, a really good buy for safety in slippery conditions.

MISS - OPI Serena Shatter Coat. ( red one ) Can't get on with it at all. I take it off within a few hours.

Hit: Laura Geller Balance n Brighten

Miss: probably 15 years ago -that toning belt twitchy thing that Anita Harris promoted. Mind you she looked good on it but I hadn't a hope!

HIT Shark steam mop, hate loathe and despise housework but actually don't mind it so much when I am using this, so quick, great results and no need to buy floor cleaning stuff.

MISS a totally vile coat from their Centigrade range, local market would not have the front to try and flog this rag, it was very poorly made, they should have been ashamed to sell it. It got terrible reviews and may still be lurking in clearance.

I remember JBJ as well!

HIT - Reduced price single stone tanzanite & diamond accent ring from the Eeek range. Really does look real and even jewellers have mistaken it!
MISS - Tiana B maxi sleeveless maxi dress. Makes me look as if I'm about to drop sextuplets, but I left it too late to return :angry:

My MISS is easy. ****** Menorca Birkies in bright pink in a size 7. They cripple me! I now know that they're too ruddy big but I'm not risking another pair. I really must eBay the buggering things.

My HIT is not so easy because I've bought some great things from QVC so I've gone for a top three. In order of what I use/wear most.

Kipling bag. I've no idea which one it is or what version of pink it is but it's a satchel style and I use it every day. I use it to carry "my office about with me.
Silver bead bracelets. I actually have two exactly the same and I wear them at least three days a week. I've put a rose gold heart charm on one that didn't come from QVC.

And finally a beautiful pink sapphire and diamond very slim yellow gold ring. It's really simple and the sapphire is wee but it's the most beautiful stone and I wear it on the middle finger of my right hand most of the time.

I've just seen that the Windguard umbrella has been on sale again today.

This item is a MISS for me, but not for the usual reasons.

I bought one some years ago when it was first shown. Not being used to umbrellas, I took it with me while shopping as the weather looked dodgy.

I thought no more about it until the next time I needed it, when I couldn't find it. Since then, I've turned the house upside down looking for it, with no success.

All I can think of is that I left it behind in one of the shops I visited, but didn't even realise this until weeks later when I next needed it.

So it is a MISS because I have never used it, it didn't even get wet, an expensive mistake, currently over £26 inc PP.

PS I've just looked at the 28 reviews, only got 2.3 stars out ot 5. Loads of reviews said that the frame broke after very few uses, and many said it was their "worst buy from QVC". So now I don't feel so bad about losing it !

Last edited:
HIT skaagen watch, love it and wear it everyday

MISS tony littles gazelle glider, squeaked and squeaked despite nearly a whole can of WD40, then the calorie counter thingamyjig fell off. Now a very expensive clothes dryer

Can I have another MISS please?

Northern Nights 400TC 6 piece duvet set. Looks like a rag when washed (very carefully) and bottom sheet pilled like mad after the 2nd wash. I can't understand why folks rave about them so much because of all the creasing and pilling.

HIT skaagen watch, love it and wear it everyday

MISS tony littles gazelle glider, squeaked and squeaked despite nearly a whole can of WD40, then the calorie counter thingamyjig fell off. Now a very expensive clothes dryer

forgot my Skagens! I have three now and definitely HITS!

Latest posts

Back