Prices Candles TSV 04/11/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've ordered the TSV. Quite like Prices candles. Been very happy with all the other sets I have bought previously. The lady says they have put more fragrance in them so they give a better throw. Be interesting to see how they smell. Love the sound of the iced pear & the cinnamon & mulled wine:happy:

I feel like a junkie trying to avoid another fix!!! I do not like the tea light packaging in the TSV and had it been a nice box of 10, perhaps with 6 candles as they have done before I might have caved in. All of the fragrances sound nice and none of the Xmas foodie ones like mince pies which I cannot get on with. Having said that I did get one of their TSVs and all the scent was in the box, nothing when burning the candles. Much better value seems to be the set of six just posted but I am still trying to resist. Big beauty TSVs coming up and a huge stockpile of YC upstairs!!!!!

I heard the lady say they had increased the fragrance so perhaps they read some of the reviews about lack of throw and took note. If so, well done Price's.

I bought their last TSV and it's kept me going this year as 'emergency' gifts, although I've not used any myself. I resisted this one because I don't like the smell of cinnamon and so didn't want to load up my cupboard just for the sake of getting the other scents.

Are they not Parks of London? Like these. Some of the Parks scent are just beautiful!

The Prices website here has a few sale items. If you know the scents you like it's often cheaper to just cherry pick the ones you know you'll use. Sadly they've never repeated the Figgy Pudding candle that came as part of a TSV a few years ago.

Being scent-sensitive I hope I'm not given smellies or candles for presents so I rarely gift them to others. (Local charity shops do pretty well out of me in the New Year!)

Every year I tentatively try to suggest that the family only buy presents for the little children, but they don't think I'm serious...maybe I should get the out-laws a "Sponsor a goat in Yemen" gift between them all this year?

I agree Akimbo, 5 or so years later and Figgy Pudding is still my all time favourite candle fragrance. I ****** loved it. Q had another kit about 2 years ago with FP included so I ordered a set. I always regret not buying more if I'm honest.

We recently adopted a pair of kittens so I've dug out the scented candles for those litter tray moments; got Plum & Aubergine lit and it's a lovely scent in the room where it's lit and I like the fact that I only detect the faintest waft (of the candle) around the rest of the house. It was from a previous TSV and features in this set

We recently adopted a pair of kittens so I've dug out the scented candles for those litter tray moments; got Plum & Aubergine lit and it's a lovely scent in the room where it's lit and I like the fact that I only detect the faintest waft (of the candle) around the rest of the house. It was from a previous TSV and features in this set

I loved that Price's Plum & Aubergine too. The TSV it originally came in (December 2013) was one of my favourite sets - I got two and still have some items in my stash.

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 19.27.05.jpg

It's actually the same set of jars that you link to above, but the TSV had matching tea lights as well. I would go for it again if I thought they were an older batch; I had a bad experience with the last Price's TSV in summer which has put me off the range.

I agree Akimbo, 5 or so years later and Figgy Pudding is still my all time favourite candle fragrance. I ****** loved it. Q had another kit about 2 years ago with FP included so I ordered a set. I always regret not buying more if I'm honest.

I LOVE fig scents too. I wish I had tried the Figgy Pudding. Is it anything like Yankee Wild Fig (which actually isn't my favourite fig smell but I do like it)?

I loved that Price's Plum & Aubergine too. The TSV it originally came in (December 2013) was one of my favourite sets - I got two and still have some items in my stash.

View attachment 10979

It's actually the same set of jars that you link to above, but the TSV had matching tea lights as well. I would go for it again if I thought they were an older batch; I had a bad experience with the last Price's TSV in summer which has put me off the range.

Oh dear, what happened re. the summer TSV?

Just asking as I rather like the look of the set Akimbo linked to but.......?

:wonder:

I bought their last TSV and it's kept me going this year as 'emergency' gifts, although I've not used any myself. I resisted this one because I don't like the smell of cinnamon and so didn't want to load up my cupboard just for the sake of getting the other scents.

Me too. I did not buy this because of the Cinnamon one.

I'm just completely shocked at the postage costs for this. I was going to get it until I saw the postage. Postage is £5.95, which represents over 1/3 of the price of the TSV.

Oh dear, what happened re. the summer TSV?

Just asking as I rather like the look of the set Akimbo linked to but.......?

:wonder:

Sorry for the slow reply if you are waiting to decide whether to buy. The summer TSV was this set below (704802).

http://www.qvcuk.com/Prices-Candles....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-7-_-704802

I found the scents awful and paraffin-y. As soon as I opened the box I got this strong cheap soap smell but the paraffin came when I lit a couple to try. I've had lots of Price's candles before and never found anything like that. I think I must have got a duff set because if you look at the reviews for that set you will see I am in the minority. It was probably just me so don't let what I say put you off!

Thank you AndiK!
If there's one thing that puts me off a brand it's inconsistency, I find buying stuff stressful enough as it is! lol
And it's definitely not just you, I often find myself in the 'minority', thinking something is total pants when most other reviewers seem to be gushing over it!

:bandit:

Thank you AndiK!
If there's one thing that puts me off a brand it's inconsistency, I find buying stuff stressful enough as it is! lol
And it's definitely not just you, I often find myself in the 'minority', thinking something is total pants when most other reviewers seem to be gushing over it!

:bandit:

Yep, makes you wonder! I suppose reviews for things like candles, like perfumes, are always going to have mixed reviews because we all smell things differently.

OK, I kept wondering whether to get these, kept thinking about them all evening, even during The Apprentice. Then decided to buy a set at one minute to midnight. I am still a bit unsure as recently I have been using essential oils in an oil burner and really liking it. I'm a bit worried they will be duff ones with no fragrance, as per some of the reviews for the summer TSV, but if they turn out to be lovely, I would really regret not having the rose and jasmine ones. Also, I am going to use the cinammon ones for teachers gifts, so if the fragrance is good, this will be a worthwhile TSV for me. If the fragrance is non existent, I will be returning them via a pre-paid label pronto!

At the end we like different things. I like others don't. I love opinions but go for my own instinct good job really.

I went for the Price's kit in the summer, which I was delighted with. Got the second drop of the auto delivery of it in October, very disappointed, no smell apart from the Violet ones. So, I didn't buy this kit, though I did watch the TSV presentation in the morning, with the lady saying about the increased fragrance. Last night I tuned into QVC and the TSV was on again and Hubby was sat beside me and he actually said "are you not going to get these candles", I said I hadn't, and Hubby said well for £25 you might as well .... so I did, if the worse comes to the worse I will give some away as presents.

It works out about £5.20 for one candle & the 18 tealights. Its not a huge amount of money really. I find the tea lights burn much better than Yankee & have a much better throw. A 12 pack of tealights full price from yankee is £6.99. I also like the fact the jars burn cleanly & smoothly right to the end, unlike other cheaper candles such as airwick & glade etc. I'm very excited to get my set. If it arrives..... been having a few problems lately. Didn't receive my sketchers I ordered & still waiting for Leighton Denny TSV from last week!!

if we want to compare with yankee they are just as good. all the scents i have tried have a good throw and burn for ages considering the size of the tumblers. i did not get the tsv as i dont have the room quite frankly. my bedroom wardrobes and cupboards are busting..but when my yankee stash is finished i will buy some more prices. even when they are not a tsv they still are good vfm

Just to let you know that the Prices Chefs odour elimination candles are currently half price at £2.50 in Tesco at the moment.

Just to let you know that the Prices Chefs odour elimination candles are currently half price at £2.50 in Tesco at the moment.
I've had those in the past and They hardly have any smell. They certainly do not kill the cooking smells. Unless of course I got 2 bad batches

Latest posts

Back