pregnant????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've thought recently lots of times she looks pregnant.Can't really imagine her being the mummy type TBH.

I thought she looked pregnant today!!!!
Her eyes are very puffy... I thought she looked ill. If not, I'm never buying eye products she recommends :confused:

But she has had an underactive thyroid for a number of years now and has looked like this for quite awhile now too. You are suppose to get your bloods done every 12 weeks, so either its she has not been going to her GP or nothing to do with the thyroid. I am going to say its the latter.

Infact if Alison just dressed for her body type and not what she thinks is in fashion and trendy, she would look so much better. Its the clothes that make her look so bad, yes she has eye bags but that comes with age. We comment on here on a regular basis how bad she looks, when really its the clothes we are all commenting on.

But she has had an underactive thyroid for a number of years now and has looked like this for quite awhile now too. You are suppose to get your bloods done every 12 weeks, so either its she has not been going to her GP or nothing to do with the thyroid. I am going to say its the latter.

Infact if Alison just dressed for her body type and not what she thinks is in fashion and trendy, she would look so much better. Its the clothes that make her look so bad, yes she has eye bags but that comes with age. We comment on here on a regular basis how bad she looks, when really its the clothes we are all commenting on.

Well, not entirely. She is very up and down facially. More often than not she has bags under her eyes whilst her cheeks and forehead are smooth and line free. And she never lets a camera zoom in too closely on her face.

Odd behaviour for a beauty addict with the worlds best skincare at her disposal n'est pas?

I agree with Donna, I think it's Alisons clothes that make her look so dowdy, she always looks lovely in a classic trouser suit imo.

Agree about the trouser suits; the clips aired for her anniversary showed her looking better in simple unfussy lines.

Jude xx

Call me old fashioned and Lord knows I'm no 'beauty expert' but the rules I learnt on my way was that fair skinned/ haired people should have a lighter touch, leave the darkest bold eyes to the dark haired etc.
Times change I know, but looking at Alison's blackest of black ringed eyes last night, I'm NOT convinced that that rule of thumb was wrong.

Donna, for the length of time she has been on thyroxine she should only need her blood tested annually. Twelve weekly in the early days of diagnosis to check dosage. Tolerating hot weather is difficult with thyroid probs equally as cold. Maybe she needs an overhaul of her meds. I am on maximum dosage and have times of quite ill health and bloatedness. Maybe she is just not being kind to herself and resting enough. Maybe she needs to read this Mail article:

http://www.thyroidhelp.org/forums/s...y-2011-Review-Section-Page-23-Thyroid-article

Donna, for the length of time she has been on thyroxine she should only need her blood tested annually. Twelve weekly in the early days of diagnosis to check dosage. Tolerating hot weather is difficult with thyroid probs equally as cold. Maybe she needs an overhaul of her meds. I am on maximum dosage and have times of quite ill health and bloatedness. Maybe she is just not being kind to herself and resting enough. Maybe she needs to read this Mail article:

http://www.thyroidhelp.org/forums/s...y-2011-Review-Section-Page-23-Thyroid-article

Thanks for posting this Loveinamist. I have just been diagnoised with hyothyroidism so im keen to find out all i can about the condition! I never had any of the obvious symptoms thankfully but the tabletim on has made a huge difference to my general well being!

Sorry back to Alison - she did look preggers but she recognises the problem as i have heard her mention going to the gym recently!

Shes covered in freckles which I suspect is one of the reasons why she dosen't like close ups.

This reminds me: I've been on my thyroid meds for over a year now and haven't lost any weight.

I really do need to see my doctor.

NIKKID http://www.thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/index.html this is a really good site. Also try to get hold of http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0859696871/?tag=shoppingcom03-21 this book is fab, the best I have read. Go easy on eating/drinking soya too, read up on this.

HC - I don't know if you are joking, if not, it is a myth that thyroid meds shift all excess weight. Yes weight increase is part of underactive problems because the metabolism is slowed down, but thyroxine does increase the metabolism to get the body functioning back to normal as much as poss but you still need to diet. Thyrox. makes a diet more effective. It speeds up the heart rate too, obviously, that is why it has to be controlled and meds given/increased carefully.

The fact thyroxine is a synthetic medication does mean that there will always be a deficit to the gland but I wouldn't want to take ground thyroxine from sheep, even though it is available.

Thanks for this...very interesting...I have been on Thyroxin for nigh on 20 years,now have to be on the lowest dose possible for calcium problems that may be caused..Doc just tells me ~go to weight watchers~ (lost 6 stone after finding out cause of weigh problem) :headbang: Eat like a sparrow and only have to look at a sweetie to gain weight. So frustrating when some diabetic MEN (one lives here) get drugs to take away appetite and all forms of new drugs to help with weight probs..just cause he can't stop eating cakes and choccys, example, last night pudd, mine w.w rice 0.6grms sat fat...his 12.0 grms sat fat, danish pastry :confused:..little woman can go it alone! Will sure look into this article...sorry digress here..but feel for us thyroid sufferers.

daydreamer

Latest posts

Back