Old times

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have just watched a police programme, where the police are actively saying that offenders are not receiving the adequate punishments and so constantly continuing with their criminal activities, yet, here we have Starmer releasing serious criminals early.!! Go figure that out if anyone can!
What amuses me is 1) he was apparently a lawyer in his previous life, and 2) that he made all the hullabaloo about 'punishing' the rioters (quite rightly, they should be punished), but then 'punishes' some of those who are already serving a sentence by letting them out early! Yeah, great move, Keir, that'll solve the crime problem, won't it, and you didn't mention that when talking about 'punishing' the rioters, did you? Honesty and transparency? Yeah, right.... Same old, same old, rinse and repeat....

Couldn't run the proverbial in a Brewery....

What amuses me is 1) he was apparently a lawyer in his previous life, and 2) that he made all the hullabaloo about 'punishing' the rioters (quite rightly, they should be punished), but then 'punishes' some of those who are already serving a sentence by letting them out early! Yeah, great move, Keir, that'll solve the crime problem, won't it, and you didn't mention that when talking about 'punishing' the rioters, did you? Honesty and transparency? Yeah, right.... Same old, same old, rinse and repeat....

Understating it a tad. He was Director of Public Prosecutions for about 5 years.

So ****** true! He and his cronies are power mad it's quite scary

This was happening before the riots, plans were already in place to let people out as the prisons are so full, it is one of reasons Sunak called the election, was so he didn't have to deal with the crisis, civil servants had warned him he was going to breach his legal responsibilities.

Understating it a tad. He was Director of Public Prosecutions for about 5 years.
There's even less reason to wonder, then! I did know he'd been a DPP, but he was a lawyer first, I believe (unless you can be DPP straight from primary school, which wouldn't surprise me in the least the way things are..)

Promoted to the level of your own incompetence is the saying, I believe.

Latest posts

Back