Philosophy TSV 17/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How different we all are! My current "going out" perfume is Chanel No. 5 and I can barely smell it after a very little while and regularly refresh it during the day. I do not have dry skin though. As well a florals I love a powerhouse!!! I have a bottle of Diva by Ungaro in stock which should clear the room!!!! In last year's sales I bought some Marc Jacobs sets and I think they are pretty weak too. Very nice, but weak.

I like that Fleur Cherie and thought the Grasse Jasmine and Bergamot lasted really well. I had a test of their new ones last week and the Jasmine, neroli one is very similar IMHO. The Grapefruit and Rhubarb faded instantly on me.

i love caron sacre and pure grace i must be mad lol anather cheapie that i adore so does my 23 year old daughter is "truth or dare" by maddonna. this is made by coty prestige and its adorable. full on white flowers with a vanilla toffee dry down. a dupe of fracas i believe. adorable

I once worked with someone who drowned herself in Obsession and it got so bad people in the office were complaining the smell was giving them a headache even if they opened the windows. She must have gone through bottles of the stuff and she`d add more during the day. In fact you could track her down simply by her perfume because wherever she went in the building she`d leave a heavy trail behind her.
I have no issue with people wearing heady strong perfume if they`re simply passing by you but if you spend 8 hours cooped in an office with someone then I think stinking to high heaven of a gag inducing perfume is as bad as someone smelling of BO, both are uncomfortable and unpleasant to be around.

Oh yes I love Truth or Dare (bought v cheap from ebay). I love masculine scents and an occasional wild card. My favouraite is the original aftershave by Nino cerruti (this range http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PICK-YOUR...hash=item33a3b623bc:m:mNZ96dUsYLqeHHD_6vhG5-Q ). It's like being buried alive in pine needles (but nothing like loo cleaner), I wear it very occasionally and can't stop sniffing my wrist. Nothing from Cerruti has come close to this since and it's been discontinued for many years sadly.

I'm not keen on Obsession but the men's version I sometimes wear because it's got a chocolate note to me which I love.

Clinique Aromatics Elixir is a lovely smell but very strong, a lady wears it in our office and a lot of people complain it gives them a headache.

Clinique Aromatics Elixir is a lovely smell but very strong, a lady wears it in our office and a lot of people complain it gives them a headache.

I read a newspaper article a while ago about 10 things which annoy Doctors and in amongst comments such as patients not arriving or arriving late and patients demanding antibiotics for everything etc etc, was Doctors disliking patients wearing heavy perfumes or aftershaves and cloying the atmosphere in their often small rooms or literally getting up the Dr`s noses whilst they examined them. A fair enough point I`d say.

Oh I had forgotten that one! I got it in a free gift once and it was too strong even for me!!! I did think Poison was a bit close to the edge as well, a nice smell but too intense. Then I think they made an intense version! The all time no-no for me was Youth Dew by Estée Lauder which my mother wore when we were in the car once. I was nearly ill.

Oh I had forgotten that one! I got it in a free gift once and it was too strong even for me!!! I did think Poison was a bit close to the edge as well, a nice smell but too intense. Then I think they made an intense version! The all time no-no for me was Youth Dew by Estée Lauder which my mother wore when we were in the car once. I was nearly ill.

Oh crikey yes Youth Dew. My Mother loved the stuff and even after washing her clothes you could still smell it on them. In fact when she passed away and I got the unenviable task of clearing out her wardrobe, it was all I could smell. We were never stuck what t buy her for Christmas or birthdays and way back then, they did a matching talc in a tub with a fluffy powder puff.

If anyone has a TKMaxx in their city centre, quite a lot of L'Artisan Parfumeur at great prices. I got Armour Nocturne for £39.99 RRP is £115 last week. Oh and its warm milk,caramel,orchid and gunpowder. Yes you can smell the gunpowder sort of dirty earthy and metallic. The others are around £24.99

Just checked and more feedback saying that some people think the TSV has a chemical smell. Checked mine and it's fine

maybe thier new to philosophy. its nice in its place. i will wear it to death if i have some. i dont think i ever really finish a bottle of perfume but i do philosophy love it

No wonder you found Youth Dew a bit much, it's ****** ghastly! No offence to any fans of it but I honestly cannot imagine why anyone would ever pay to smell like that.

I like fresh, clean type stuff (Pure Grace and Body Shop White Musk being particular favourites) and gentler chypres like the current versions of Miss Dior. I think that was originally much heavier years ago but it's been reformulated loads of times and is really nice but subtle now. The Miss Dior Le Parfum is lovely. The Michael Kors Sexy Amber is kinda similar to it and very nice despite the daft name. Armani Si is a recent discovery I'm quite keen on. From reviews it seems to not be very popular because it doesn't have that much lasting power or sillage, but that suits me down to the ground.

Youth Dew started life as a bath oil, women dabbed it on as a perfume so EL made the perfume version. I know it made my skin itch if I wore my Mum's in the 70s, oh and it stained light clothes if you occidentally sprayed after getting dressed.

i love caron sacre and pure grace i must be mad lol anather cheapie that i adore so does my 23 year old daughter is "truth or dare" by maddonna. this is made by coty prestige and its adorable. full on white flowers with a vanilla toffee dry down. a dupe of fracas i believe. adorable

Thank you Boffy you inspired me to try Truth or Dare. OMG it is gorgeous! Long lasting on me too. What a find! :)

its devine not been made anymore but readily available. glad you like it x

I ordered Truth and Dare and Naked Truth and dare a few weeks ago for £5 each 75ml EDP from Direct Cosmetics and the shower gel for £2.99 when I ordered some Molton Brown.

i have been meaning to try this one. truth or dare lasts forever. a little goes a long way. maddonas perfume is very well done lol

That is the thing with celeb perfumes, they get discontinued quickly for the next one to come along. Many said Truth or Dare was a rip off of Fracas which is Madonna's favourite.

I love Caron Parfum Sacre.

Latest posts

Back