Philosophy TSV 17/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have received my TSV today and it is the correct set Amazing Grace. The EDP is in a sealed wrapped box and the body butter is in a box if you are gifting, very nice.

Mine arrived today ( I ordered early). Got the right set - pure. (Phew!). I ordered using the words on the description rather than the colour. It's a lovely set.

Just been delivered, very pleased with it, got the correct option (Amazing Grace) and it's very nicely packed for 'gifting'. I like both the fragrances, niece will be delighted with the pink parts, and I get to keep the Pure Grace shower gel for myself. Happy bunny, and another Xmas pressie ticked off my list.

Got mine yesterday too, it's a great set. Split it some for me and some for my Grandaughter for Christmas. She will love
the bag and I've added bits like nail varnish etc, some money in there too She will be delighted. Agree that Grace is overdone but for gifts you won't beat this set.

Mine turned up today too and was right, thankfully. Apologies if I worried anyone but there've been so many mishaps with options being the wrong way round on the website before.
I love the Pure Grace bits as always, especially the perfume. I love the toilette but it's nice to have something that's the same but different with the parfum. Looking forward to trying the salt scrub in the shower tomorrow. I don't like Amazing so that shower gel can be part of the xmas bundle for a friend who does like it.

people smell it on me long after i have sprayed it. you get all the bath/ body stuff so layer it. its simple notes thats why you nose gets easily accustomed to it.

I think that's the case for most scents, doesn't the nose get immune to a fragrance after a short while. In the 80s I used to work with ladies who topped up they're perfume on every trip to the loo...it was an asthma/migraine attack waiting to happen in the winter when all the windows were shut!

Actually, I had layered the AG whipped body butter and perfume after showering in AG, and someone came into my office and said "ooh, what's that lively smell?" I did spray some in the air and walk through it before leaving the house, so it may have lingered more than the perfume just sprayed on skin.

I think that's the case for most scents, doesn't the nose get immune to a fragrance after a short while.

Of course I'm only speaking for myself but I don't really find that to be the case. I mean with some perfumes but certainly not all of them. Some of them linger so strongly that I get really sick of them over the day, it's kind of suffocating. Not that I want the smell to totally vanish obviously, but I do prefer ones that fade somewhat.

some of the more ultra dear stuff lingers longer than a lesser quality. even if its on your clothes you can smell it long after you have sprayed it. its like when you buy a dupe of chanel the dupe will never last as long. but the dupes price makes it kind of worth it. philiosophy is a nice change from the heady headache inducing stuff

Of course I'm only speaking for myself but I don't really find that to be the case. I mean with some perfumes but certainly not all of them. Some of them linger so strongly that I get really sick of them over the day, it's kind of suffocating. Not that I want the smell to totally vanish obviously, but I do prefer ones that fade somewhat.

That's true, usually when I've spritzed a tester in store and regretted it; even trying to wash it off in the ladies won't shift it! :doh:

Philosophy TSV Issues

I was just looking at this again on line and noticed lots of comments saying that there could be a production problem. If you bought it you might want to check your items.

Does QVC ever do a recall? Just wondered as there are so many negative comments there must be something wrong. I put mine in the attic as its a gift but will be checking it tomorrow.

I always describe Philosophy fragrances for people who don't like perfume. They are transparent, even speaking to a the Rep long ago in SpaceNK day. He said in the US people prefer to have very light perfumes as so many have allergies and Philosophy don't want to do that to people. I know I read on the QVC US beauty forum countless comments of some one in church wore perfume and it made me cough. In fact many companies ban workers from wearing perfume in case it upsets another worker!!! But trust me many do wear and enjoy their perfumes.

For your nose to get used to a perfume, you need to wear it day in and day out for many many many months. That is why you are better having a wardrobe of fragrance to swap around.

If you have dry skin fragrance will not hold well. On a few forums I belong to people use to ask how to many their perfume last longer. Put in on a cotton wool ball and put in your bra, was one. Another spray it on your clothes(not your hair, it continues alcohol and can damage your hair), rub a little unscented oil cooking will do, or Vaseline on your wrists and spray on that.

The 80s was the era of the true powerhouses, Opium, Coco etc it was all loud and proud.

Someone I worked with long ago insisted in drowning herself in Escape it is vile stuff. But she was in her 20s, and teens also love the body sprays which they use with abandon. Or the celeb fragrances which tend to be fruity and very sweet.
Personally and this is just me if you love and enjoy them don't worry. But I just consider them water with a very faint hint of something there. Even Cologne which is the weakest form of perfume has more sillage and lasts 10-15 minutes on the skin.

I have dry skin and I agree that perfume does not last as long on dry skin. I dislike very strong "powerhouse" perfumes. I have a bottle of chanel no 5, only wear it once a year and very sparingly because it is very strong and I can still smell it on my skin the next day!
I much prefer light, modern fragrances (at the moment it's L'Occitane Fleur Cherie, which I wear with the matching body lotion underneath as it makes it last longer). I also like Lolita Lepik???? , one called Coral Flower, the Philosophy Summer Grace from the summer TSV and Avon's Sunshine Kiss of all things. It's very cheap and very beachy. I love orange blossom, frangipani, Tiare Flower and fresh salty beachy fragrances that smell like suntan lotion! I used to like Rose fragrances but this was a passing phase and have completely gone off them now. Occasionally there is a bit of a wildcard that I like... I sniffed "My Burberry" last year and was surprised to like it. I may get a bottle one of these days.

Latest posts

Back