Peony Flaaaars TSV Fri 2nd March 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ArtDeco

Registered Shopper
I'm well early with this one I know but couldn't resist the opportunity to get flaaaars mentioned on the forum :giggle:. Am actually thinking of getting some to try though, did anyone get the Peony TSV that had a seasonal auto delivery, and what did you think of it?

MTIA :up:

I did.
Thought it was naaaaaiiiice.
:nod:

Thanks Ali - but the burning question: how did you decide whether to put them in your sitting room, drawing room, day room, flower room, summer house, orangery or gazebo first? :giggle:

Seriously though, do you reckon they are worth the money? Been looking on the Bloom website too, wondering how they compare? Any thoughts from anyone appreciated :nod:

Oh how naaaaaiiiiice fraaaaayed Peony flaaaaars, will await to check out the returns at Birchwood if I go in hope of their being something to buy.

:cheeky:

I bought a set for each room, as well as various ones for my villa on the Algarve and weekend bolt hole in the Cotswolds. As if I wouldn't...

I've ordered from Bloom in the past and I think they're both pretty nice. The last TSV I thought was pretty good value as it came with the large bowl and loads of greenery stuff. I have the white flaaars that came in the original drop and also have the red chrimbo roses one, and I find both nice. I've also bought others from other places (garden centre / Dunelm) when I've found ones that look realistic-ish and used them with the original greenery and that looks nice too. If you get close up its obvious they're not real but tbh I didn't expect anything else so I've been happy with them.
Oh, and they also have some decent single stems you can buy to make your own arrangements on the Peony website that aren't too expensive.

I bought a set for each room, as well as various ones for my villa on the Algarve and weekend bolt hole in the Cotswolds. As if I wouldn't...

I've ordered from Bloom in the past and I think they're both pretty nice. The last TSV I thought was pretty good value as it came with the large bowl and loads of greenery stuff. I have the white flaaars that came in the original drop and also have the red chrimbo roses one, and I find both nice. I've also bought others from other places (garden centre / Dunelm) when I've found ones that look realistic-ish and used them with the original greenery and that looks nice too. If you get close up its obvious they're not real but tbh I didn't expect anything else so I've been happy with them.
Oh, and they also have some decent single stems you can buy to make your own arrangements on the Peony website that aren't too expensive.

Do you rent ? :cheeky:

I got the auto delivery and think it was great, love the bowl and no problem with frayed flaaaaars. The christmas roses are my fav.

I bought a bonsai direct from Peony expecting it to be amazing. It's ok but I wasn't blown away considering it was £49.

They are far too expensive. If you look closely you see the frayed edges. They are no better than those you can get from Hobbycraft, Dunelm Mill. Wilkinsons, garden centres or even some of the Pound shops have reasonable artificial flowers these days. I have been flower arranging for years and use silk as well as fresh flowers. I buy flowers from numerous different places. Garden Centres normally have more unusual ones. I would never ever pay the prices of Peony flaaaaars.

I have been looking everywhere for realistic blue hydrageas for years, I tried growing the real thing but they are pink. I know it's to do with the soil acidity and even put hundreds of copper coins around the roots as my friend said this would turn them blue...er, no it doesn't. I'd love the TSV to be blue hydrandeas but I imagine they wouldn't be cheap. On the other hand, my New Year resolution was to stop buying stuff from QVC and so far I've kept to it.:sweat:

I saw some Peony Flaaars at RHS Wisley at the weekend. I thought the prices were eyewatering and I would never have mistaken any of them for real. But they're not real so that in itself isn't an issue. The Garden Centre had flowers by Sia that worked out about the same price (without the vase though) and they were much better quality.

I have a few flowers by Sia bought from SecretSales.com at reduced prices, it's worth keeping an eye out for their sales on there. They are beautifully made.

Jude xx

Thanks Ali - but the burning question: how did you decide whether to put them in your sitting room, drawing room, day room, flower room, summer house, orangery or gazebo first? :giggle:

Seriously though, do you reckon they are worth the money? Been looking on the Bloom website too, wondering how they compare? Any thoughts from anyone appreciated :nod:

I have been flower arranging with both artificial and fresh flowers for years and in my opinion these are not worth the money. You can get lovely silk flowers now at any garden centre, Wilkinson's stores, Hobbycraft - numerous places. I wouldn't dream of paying the prices of these when I can get them so much cheaper. The Bloom ones are expensive too. Just look around, there are thousands of them out there.

I have been looking everywhere for realistic blue hydrageas for years, I tried growing the real thing but they are pink. I know it's to do with the soil acidity and even put hundreds of copper coins around the roots as my friend said this would turn them blue...er, no it doesn't. I'd love the TSV to be blue hydrandeas but I imagine they wouldn't be cheap. On the other hand, my New Year resolution was to stop buying stuff from QVC and so far I've kept to it.:sweat:
I have seen silk blue hydrangeas recently, think it was Oswaldtwistle Mill or Dunelm Mill. Keep looking before paying these silly prices. She goes on about being RHS certified but look closely and you can still see the frayed adges and plastic bits. They are no different from the ones you can get in numerous places.

Huggles you need iron and aluminium to turn 'em blue. You can buy a hydrangea colourant on line or at your local garden centre. It's relatively easy to turn them from pink to blue but not t'other way about. It's easier if they're in a pot as it's easier to control the pH of the soil, which is what you want to do.

But if they're pale pink they'll go pale blue but if they're deep pink it may be more of a purple than a blue.

Firsty well done Artdeco for getting the first Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars of the year!

I really love the look of the large bowl with the roses and leaves wrapped around inside, it would look so gorgeous in my hall - but I cannot buy it because of the awful reviews which are echoed on here and I think I would rather buy the items and get my local florist to do it for me for a fraction of the cost.

I've heard if you bury nails around your hydrangea it will be blue - but I've not tried it! I saw some hydrangeas in T K Maxx today, quite pretty - but sorry, only white & pink.

There is a product on the Market called Sequestrene. Dilute it to the suggested strength and water your hydrangeas with it-it is supposed to make them change colour. Might be worth a try.

I bought a couple of small, sweet peas when they were on OTO with free P&P. They're okay but nothing like what the claims they make about people going up to them and taking a sniff because they seem so real.

Latest posts

Back