Outlet Shops

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amn

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know if the Warrington outlet shop is still going? I used to have a drive over there from time to time but I’ve not been for aaaaaaaages, just wondered if it was still there. 🤔

No idea, I'm just commenting on the coincidence that we are having visitors from Warrington next week.

I stayed with them in Warrington a few years ago, but didn't have transport, so never got to see the outlet store.

I really miss the Shrewsbury outlet! Just over an hours drive from me. Daughter and I used to have a nice day out in Shrewsbury, and spend an hour (or two!) in the outlet shop. Had some good bargains over the years. The staff were all lovely, and really helpful. It also made me realise how awful a lot of the clothes are, the place was packed with them, a polyester nightmare!

Did I read on this forum ages ago that there used to be punch ups in the outlet stores and "bullies" that trawled up and down the goods to cherry pick things to sell on ebay?

CC

The Warrington shop is only a half hour away from me but I`ve never felt the urge to visit it. A while ago we went to 2 middle aged neighbours wedding and one of the grooms (there were 2 grooms) was given away by his sister who was wearing a Q dress I recognised. I later chatted to her and she admitted she was a Q follower and loved loved loved the Warrington outlet. Personally, I`d find rooting amongst other peoples returns or old stock or stuff Q couldn`t sell, a waste of an afternoon but that`s just me.

I am someone who pays top wack for anything I want. The thought of trolling through Q returns would be a nightmare.Of course I am that person who is open eyed at that someone who has payed a pittance to look wonderful, are you with me or not?

I am someone who pays top wack for anything I want. The thought of trolling through Q returns would be a nightmare.Of course I am that person who is open eyed at that someone who has payed a pittance to look wonderful, are you with me or not?
I’m with you. I buy in sales for workwear or slopping at home but for anything else I never feel 100% perhaps because I’ve been swayed by the price rather than by fit or choice. Occasionally I’ll buy something I already have purchased at full price and liked in a different colour. At best I get a few quid off never the bargains you hear from others.

I am someone who pays top wack for anything I want. The thought of trolling through Q returns would be a nightmare.Of course I am that person who is open eyed at that someone who has payed a pittance to look wonderful, are you with me or not? & it was
I’m with you. I buy in sales for workwear or slopping at home but for anything else I never feel 100% perhaps because I’ve been swayed by the price rather than by fit or choice. Occasionally I’ll buy something I already have purchased at full price and liked in a different colour. At best I get a few quid off never the bargains you hear from others.
I love a bargain & often hear my lovely ma telling me that I always looked my best in cheap clothes. My nephew got married in September, the dress I wore was glorious & an absolute steal. I buy quality shoes, generally in the sales, & new lingerie, nightwear & tights everything else is usually from eBay, Etsy or companies like People Tree. I'm currently wearing a preloved black & white polka dot Laura Ashley dress from the 90s, it's in fabulous condition, was under £12 & arrived wrapped in tissue paper.

Did I read on this forum ages ago that there used to be punch ups in the outlet stores and "bullies" that trawled up and down the goods to cherry pick things to sell on ebay?

CC
Most definitely certain big daily players always seemed to have the heads up when the valuable sort after stuff was coming out on offer. I’d only arrive later in the day when hubby could take me, to be told I’d missed out, and the usual old tat left. Then with the large hauls being then presented on eBay was a sign they had all been with elbows out and pushing folk over grabbing. Not been in years so no idea what behaviour now goes on.

I read this article in the link below and was horrified. This is just one Country where the Worlds discarded fashion ends up so heavens knows how many other Countries and dumps there are around the World. I looked around my bedroom and decided in 2022 and hopefully long after, I will not be buying any new clothes. I don`t need them and I would simply be buying for buying`s sake. In fact I need a good sort out and stuff taking to the charity shops, some items are now too small and I`m not going to kid myself I`ll fit back into them. Other items are simply no longer needed. A major cull is on the way and nothing new will be bought to replace them for the foreseeable future. When it takes 200 years for man made fibres to bio degrade and when they give off toxins whilst they do degrade, no wonder the World feels doomed. A truly horrifying read.

Our one and only visit to a Q Outlet : blocked hoover nozzles enough to put you off your dinner, dried food on frying pans, craft that looked like it was found in a cupboard from the year dot, Butler and Wilson large gem clutch bags with half the gems missing, overpriced jewellery presented in bargain basement displays, rails and rails of gaudy dresses.

Just had my last shop of 2021 before I begin my cull and veto against buying anything in 2022. I was lucky enough to win a £50 prize in an email competition from the Cambridge Satchel Company. It can be used towards anything from their website and I`ve lusted after one of their Poppy bags for a while but couldn`t justify buying one.
Anyway one is winging its way to me and Mr V has paid the balance after my £50 prize discount and it will be my birthday gift from him. We don`t buy for each other for Christmas but we do treat each other for our birthdays. Mine is in December so he`s glad he doesn`t have to try to decide what to get me, the decision has been made for him. I`m also pleased the bags are made here in the UK.

Just had my last shop of 2021 before I begin my cull and veto against buying anything in 2022. I was lucky enough to win a £50 prize in an email competition from the Cambridge Satchel Company. It can be used towards anything from their website and I`ve lusted after one of their Poppy bags for a while but couldn`t justify buying one.
Anyway one is winging its way to me and Mr V has paid the balance after my £50 prize discount and it will be my birthday gift from him. We don`t buy for each other for Christmas but we do treat each other for our birthdays. Mine is in December so he`s glad he doesn`t have to try to decide what to get me, the decision has been made for him. I`m also pleased the bags are made here in the UK.
You 'persuaded' me to buy one a couple of months ago; it's a lovely bag, as classy as you & you'll love it. What colour did you have?

Latest posts

Back